Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 00:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

That shouldn't be a problem Rahul, you will not believe today I saw a truck load of scooter body at a weigh bridge going to be scrapped. I saw your scooter picture and I will be able to help you in getting a body. Let me find out through my sources and give her a new life and that is what we want to do at HCSC.

Your scooter is a first gen Priya and the body is similar to a Bajaj 150, it also shares the same handle bar of a bajaj150, no changes or alteration required. We need to rivet the "Priya" monogram in the original position which we do it easily.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:15   #107
BHPian

Thanks Ram and Bala for your comments. I will keep an eye on the classifieds as well as see if only a body can be found.

Ram, is it possible for you to contact the owners of the Lambrettas that we saw at the World Tourism Day meet so that they can join us for future HCSC meets? I also have a friend who has an old scooter. I need to check what model it is before asking him to join us. Will keep you posted about it.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2010, 17:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Ram, is it possible for you to contact the owners of the Lambrettas that we saw at the World Tourism Day meet so that they can join us for future HCSC meets? I also have a friend who has an old scooter. I need to check what model it is before asking him to join us. Will keep you posted about it.
i have already contacted them and they promised to make an attempt to join our next meet.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:27   #109
BHPian

@hillram, you mite also want to try contacting one of my relatives(my dads cousin) who rides a lovely Vespa. I havent been in touch with him in the last 6 months since I moved out of india and I am not sure if he gets onto the net ever/often.

His name is Farooq and he can be reached at 24800358. You can tell him you got his number from me(Yaser s/o Saleem). I bet he will be more than happy to join the clan
Old 5th October 2010, 22:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaser_cyclist View Post
@hillram, you mite also want to try contacting one of my relatives(my dads cousin) who rides a lovely Vespa. I havent been in touch with him in the last 6 months since I moved out of india and I am not sure if he gets onto the net ever/often.

His name is Farooq and he can be reached at 24800358. You can tell him you got his number from me(Yaser s/o Saleem). I bet he will be more than happy to join the clan
Thanks Yaser.I will definitly contact Mr.Farooq and invite him to the next HCSC meet.We would love to have proud owners come and share their joy of riding classic scooters.
Old 6th October 2010, 03:57   #111
BHPian

Scooter Manuals

Hello Folks,

I found a link on the net which has scooter and motorcycle manuals that can be downloaded. The link is : Free PDF motorcycle manuals for download!. Although majority are motorcycle manuals, there are scooter manuals for Bajaj, Piaggio and Vespa. Please do check it out.

Ram: Glad to hear that you have already invited new members for the next HCSC meet.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 6th October 2010, 20:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rahul this is a fantastic site to get hold of user manuals.This is the best part of team BHP.so much useful vehicle information is exchanged in this fraternity.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:33   #113
Senior - BHPian

Yet another beauty

Hi folks today was lucky to see this beauty, she is the first gen PRIYA may be from 70's, she adorns the original shade, the best part is its running on original keys. I became greedy instantly and started persuing through the mechanic to ask if the owner is willing to sell. Here are the pictures to share with you scooter lovers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-2.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-9.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-5.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-4.jpg  

chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2010, 22:46   #114
Senior - BHPian

Nice find Bala.The originality is reflected in the speedometre as well.Immaculate machine.Who does this belong to?
Old 8th October 2010, 03:48   #115
BHPian

Bala, it is a nice scooter that you happen to spot. Looks very well maintained and seems that it is in regular use. The front body of the scooter looks very clean and dent free and like Ram observed, the speedometer is also is good condition. This means that the time it will take to repair / repaint this beauty will be less. It is incredible that the keys are still the original ones. How about the engine? Did you get a chance to start / ride it? Are you planning to add this machine to your stable?
Old 8th October 2010, 11:49   #116
BHPian

Quote:
The link is : Free PDF motorcycle manuals for download!. Although majority are motorcycle manuals,
Never seem to be able to find manuals for the Jawa... lot of searching and trawling across the net required... Can anyone help me out...? I have the Perak 250 workshop manual. Looking for the perak 350's manual, the Jawa 500 OHC's manual and the CZ series.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Thanks folks for the appreciation. This scooter is complete original and the best part is it still has got the original tail lamp cover .

You are right Rahul the time to paint and restore this scooter will be far less than others if not it still can be kept the same way for the originality. Nice observation Ram, I knew it! when I took the speedo picture I knew you will comment, nothing escapes your eye.

It is a daily scooter driven by a old man gentleman who still wants to drive it, I need to talk to him once and bag some memories from him. I was lucky to get a chance to ride it. Its very responsive, quick though kind uncomfortable because of improper position of the seat. I wish to add her to my stable infact there are two of them and out of which one is promised to me for a friend, this needs to be persued, wish me good luck. I am becoming greedy but that's okay there is no law saying not to have more scooters.
Old 19th November 2010, 16:40   #118
BHPian

White Wall Tyres - An Experiment

Hello Folks,

It has been a long time since there has been any activity on this thread! Time to give our scooters some well deserved attention!

I had an experiment on my mind for the last two months regarding white wall tyres. I wanted to make a regular tyre a white wall tyre at home. I had learned the process of screen printing when I was in college and I knew about a type of ink that sticks and dries very fast. It is called the PVC ink. So I though of painting my scooter's stepney as an experiment. Finally did it today. Attaching pictures of my experiment.

Things required :

- A well washed, dried and polished (with Cherry Blossom) scooter tyre.
- PVC Ink.
- PVC Reducer.
- One inch paint brush.

The Result : Tyre looks OK in the pictures but the finish looks bad & disappointing when seen from a close distance. But disappointing results are stepping stones to perfection! Will try using a spray gun in the next attempt. I also need to observe how long the ink lasts on the tyre which only time will tell.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0478.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0479.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0480.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0481.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0482.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0483.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0484.jpg  

Scarlet_Rider is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2010, 16:50   #119
Senior - BHPian

Rahul..This is a wonderful experiment and I cant wait to get back to India and try this out on my scooters...not all,but on Vespa and Lambretta.
Thanks for rekindling the thread.
As we discussed before my departure to Paris,we will have a grand meet in December on our scooters.
Old 19th November 2010, 16:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Good Rahul, I appreciate and welcome your idea of white wall tyres to our beauties. It isn't a bad idea at all from you, as it is a old tyre it soaks some of the paint so few more coats are needed, as far as durability is concerned as you said time is the only answer apart from that it should also with stand the tyre pressure so it doesn't crack and the wear and tear during washing, cleaning. I remember a guy who owns a classic Jawa gets the bike tyre to my painter to have them while coloured. It's a normal paint he uses. I would suggest try with brush only as the spray gun would spread the paint on the disc and the entire tire which will give a shabby look. Infact Rahul you can try an off white or a dash of cream on to it as white wall tyres on the scooters are not real white wall. I will also give a try this time on one of the tyres.

I have read somewhere in one of the Team BHP threads and a U Tube vedio aswell showing a specific paint I guess rubber based which is specially meant for tyres to look white. I am not sure if they are available in India if so the wish to have a white wall tyre to the classics/vintages will be true.

Last edited by chanu : 19th November 2010 at 16:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks