Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 10:34   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Rahul..Jan 2011 is a busy month of everyone.
Sounds good! Apart from festivals, January is also busy month from a work point of view as well. Let's plan later.
Old 28th December 2010, 16:03   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Alright folks now that we have no meets this month I am planning to keep you all guys busy, (Ramji this is the one I told you) hence introducing a new member in my family to HCSC and this fella is VESPA 90.

It's been a long chase of success and failure and finally I am successful, I wanted to have her in my stable since long long time. This is a post 60's model and initially was registered in Pune, Maharashtra, then got transfered it to A.P.

Once done should look like this. Check the rims which are unique and I was shocked to see the owner giving me them along with Delorto carburatTor after the deal went through, he has putforth the only condition that is to give him a ride once done which I humbly accepted. Unable to upload original pictures for some reason but promise to show you soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-vespa90.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by chanu : 28th December 2010 at 16:06.
Old 28th December 2010, 21:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

Bala..hearty congratulations on acquiring this unique Vespa.I would love to come down and take a look at it sometime.
Old 28th December 2010, 22:07   #169
BHPian

Vespa 90

Congratulations Bala! You got yourself a nice gift for the New Year! Please do post the pictures of the scooter soon.
Old 29th December 2010, 07:42   #170
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram, Rahul I need your wishes and support. As promised here are the pictures, I am very happy to get this scooter as it has a lot of original parts i.e, Long seat, Delorto carburattor, Magnet, Kick rod front mudgaurd and the most astonishing are the rims, honestly I have never seen one like this. I will post more pictures once I get physical pocession of the vehicle.

Ram sir I will be more than happy to receive you at my place, it will be a honour.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0182.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0183.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0184.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by chanu : 29th December 2010 at 07:48.
Old 29th December 2010, 10:08   #171
BHPian

Wow Bala ! this is a rare one. The side panels do resemble the Vespa PL170 . The condition is also pretty neat (my Lambretta was far worse ) and i am sure that they will be some parts commonality with the other vespa"s that were available here.

Let me know if you need any Parts/help in restoring this , though i know with Ram being there it will be smooth sailing.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:46   #172
Senior - BHPian

Bala's scooter restoration will be certainly interesting.
I have alerted already my sources for the parts.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:26   #173
BHPian

Vespa 90

Bala, thanks for posting the scooter pictures. Looks like you got it in the nick of time for a thorough restoration job! Please do the restoration step by step without any rush as this is one scooter which is rare to find. I am 100% sure that you will get the scooter back to it's former glory. I am attaching a picture of the Vespa 90 which I found on the net and I had also posted it on your Vespa thread as well. HCSC is looking forward to a result just like the picture below! (Without the bond girl Ursula Andress of course!! We are married and she is old as well!!)

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-ursulaandressvespa2.jpg  

Old 29th December 2010, 21:42   #174
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rahul for having faith in me, I am also serious about this scooter and am planning a through restoration which would be a step by step one, this scooter needs a of lathe work and a good mechanic. Few cosmetics are missing which I am sure will get it. Once I complete my "Sparrow" next is this fellow, I am in a process to make a chart of what needs to be done and will have a action plan for this project. I hope with your support and best wishes I will bring this scooter to the best possible way.

I know you all are committed guys & don't want bond girls anymore but we see our machines as "she" and the machines never loose their glory and the best part is like the wine the older they get they taste better.
Old 1st January 2011, 09:51   #175
BHPian

Vespa 90 Details

Bala, if possible please let me know the year of manufacture and the exact model number of your Vespa 90. I may have the technical specifications along with some other details as well for your use/reference. This may help you during the restoration process. Also let me know if there is any model number of the Dell'Orto carburettor you got along with the scooter.

Wishing all HCSCians and Team BHPians a Happy, Safe and Colourful New Year 2011!! Let 2011 continue to bring everyone many happy (s)miles!!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 21st January 2011, 14:42   #176
BHPian

Vespa News

Hello Folks,

Read this article about Vespa in today's (21st January 2011) Times of India (Hyderabad Edition). Let's hope that the current scooter market gets a stiff competition from Vespa!

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-vespanews.jpg

I am quoting the article from the online (e-paper) edition of the Times of India website as the picture is not clear.

"New Delhi: The iconic Vespa is set for its third innings in India as parent Piaggio is in final stages of setting up its scooter plant at Baramati in Maharashtra. The Italian company is looking to make inroads into the fast-growing scooter market that is currently dominated by Honda and TVS. And, Piaggio has big plans for the market. After launching the 125cc Vespa LX125 next year, Piaggio plans to bring in a fuller range that would include more scooters from the Vespa range, apart from motorcycles from its other brands.

Piaggio, which has seven brands of scooters, motorcycles and small commercial vehicles, started its fresh two-wheeler campaign on Thursday with the launch of its premium Aprilia range of superbikes, that would come in as imports and carry hefty price tags - ranging between Rs 13 lakh and Rs 18 lakh. “Aprilia will give Piaggio the visibility and branding in the two-wheeler market and help us showcase our technological advancement,” Ravi Chopra, CMD of Piaggio Vehicles India, told TOI.

“Aprilia will be a niche product, and we plan to sell the bikes through dealerships in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai,” he added. Aprilia, a brand bought by Piaggio in 2004, was earlier slated to come to India in partnership with the Munjals of the Hero group. The company’s Baramati plant will have an initial capacity of 150,000 units per annum with an investment of 30 million euros. Chopra said the capacity can be increased if required. “We are gearing up for Vespa’s launch and plan to have around 70 dealerships by the end of this year. We plan to pitch it as a value-for-money offering into the market.” Chopra said the company was looking at 100% localisation for Vespa.

“This will enable us to be competitive.” The company has already tied up component suppliers for this, and Chopra said plans were on schedule. “The Vespa would come in around the first quarter of next year.” The automatic transmission LX 125 carries the famed Vespa design and sports a single cylinder four-stroke engine. The success of Vespa has resulted in the formation of the Vespa World Club in 2006, which brings together 35 international Vespa clubs and 685 Italian Vespa clubs to form a platform for the Vespa cult. Produced at Piaggio’s plants in Pontedera, Italy; Vinh Phuc, Vietnam and soon at Baramati, over 17 million Vespas have been sold till 2010.

And while it makes a fresh pitch into India, the Vespa brand enjoys a long history here. Piaggio had first licenced the production of Vespa scooters to Bajaj Auto in 1960s. In 1971, however, Piaggio’s licence was not renewed by the then government. The company also partnered LML Motors in 1983, which produced the P-Series scooters. But, the partnership ended in 1999 after long disputes between the partners."
Old 21st January 2011, 19:13   #177
Senior - BHPian

Rahul..Vespa has been toying with the idea of launching its scooters for sometime now.Since LML has launched 2/4-Stroke scooters,Vespa wants to make its presence too.Besides,the scooter market has opened up considerably since last few years,where 2-Wheeler market was dominated by Motorcycles for the last 20 years.HCSC should now create more awareness of scooters and their rich heritage in India.

Last edited by hillram : 21st January 2011 at 19:18.
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:38   #178
BHPian

Chanu: COngrats on your new scoot. She is a beauty. I've always thought the PL170 shared the same engine as that of the Vespa 90, including all the body parts except for the nacelle. I think I do have a Vespa 90 workshop manual with me. let me know if you need any info from that. You can mail me at tuffryder@gmail.com
Old 26th January 2011, 23:22   #179
BHPian

Today i could attend FCB Republic day meet at Cubbon Park, Banaglore.
It was nice idea to call 2-3 clubs together. As usual I could see good number of Padmini/FIATs. Surprisingly around 50-60 scooters from BCSC. Prerana motors also displayed Fiat Linea T-jet for test drive. Few Puntos, Palios also attended. It was a nice gathering alltogether.
For this thread I am posting only scooter pictures.
@ Chanu, Scarlet_rider, Sushil & hillram . It is feast for your eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-img0157a.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-img0158a.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-img0159a.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-img0178a.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-img0179a.jpg  

Old 27th January 2011, 04:08   #180
BHPian

Narendra : Glad to know that you could attend the Republic Day Meet at Bangalore! Thanks a lot for the pictures! BCSC scooters are always a treat for the eyes!

Most Viewed