Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 13:42   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Ed:Thanks for your kind words.Scooters have a special place in my heart as I learnt riding them,starting with a Allwyn Pushpak.
Rahul:as usual your photographs are awesome.
Nikhil:Will modify the stickers when the next set are printed..as such the borders can be removed from the stickers manually.
Old 31st March 2011, 23:17   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Nikhil:Will modify the stickers when the next set are printed..as such the borders can be removed from the stickers manually.
Ram, I also feel that the next lot of stickers should have a sharper image in terms of the letters/font. Letters have a slight smudgy/blurred appearance. Probably a high resolution image provided to the printing guy will resolve the issue.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:42   #228
Senior - BHPian

Even I felt the same of the logo being blurred but I am still fine with it. I appreciate Ram's effort in getting the poster and stickers done. I am sure we would need second set of stickers then we can have a better ones. Thanks Ram for the gift for HCSC, you are a definate scooter lover .
Old 21st May 2011, 22:26   #229
BHPian

150 Sprint Vespa

My Father and I visited a friend who happened to have a Vespa scooter. Although the paint was not in a good condition, the scooter looked well taken care of for all these decades. A new thing that I noticed was a badge above the tail lamp that read 150 SPRINT VESPA. Not sure if this is original or an after market fit. Attaching a couple of pictures. Experts comment.

PS : Could not take pictures of the complete scooter as had to rush due to time constraints.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0647.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-image0648.jpg  

Old 27th May 2011, 15:22   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
My Father and I visited a friend who happened to have a Vespa scooter. Although the paint was not in a good condition, the scooter looked well taken care of for all these decades. A new thing that I noticed was a badge above the tail lamp that read 150 SPRINT VESPA. Not sure if this is original or an after market fit. Attaching a couple of pictures. Experts comment.

PS : Could not take pictures of the complete scooter as had to rush due to time constraints.
Rahul she seems to be a original piece, I guess she must have been a daily runner and well cared scooter, my guess would she is not used much now. Incase its put aside then you know what to do ! else call me.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:04   #231
BHPian

Hello HCSC,

Need to see more classics here. Start inviting and make gala sound for HCSC.

Regards,
Saleem
beetle_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 02:57   #232
BHPian

I have put this up on another thread (smuggling of vintage vehicles or something) but I think this thread is a more appropriate venue for this information.
My neighbourhood mechanic informed me about a Vijay Super and a Lambretta lying in a scrap yard in a nearby village (near Belgaum). They are in bad shape and they will probably not have papers but if anyone is interested, I will be more than happy to get you through to the mechanic. He is quoting a very high price (6 thousand for each) and it probably consists of his more than generous commission.
I would have gone to the village and taken pictures for your benefit but I have my exams going on and I cannot spare the time.
Old 13th June 2011, 11:14   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_u View Post
I have put this up on another thread (smuggling of vintage vehicles or something) but I think this thread is a more appropriate venue for this information.
My neighbourhood mechanic informed me about a Vijay Super and a Lambretta lying in a scrap yard in a nearby village (near Belgaum). They are in bad shape and they will probably not have papers but if anyone is interested, I will be more than happy to get you through to the mechanic. He is quoting a very high price (6 thousand for each) and it probably consists of his more than generous commission.
I would have gone to the village and taken pictures for your benefit but I have my exams going on and I cannot spare the time.
Thanks for bringing this to light.However,acquiring classics with out registration papers is very dicey and eventually re-registration will be a big problem.You should reach out to Bangalore members of BCSC,as Belgaum is in Karnataka and it better the scooters are restored there.Bringing into another state with out papers is too risky.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:05   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for bringing this to light.However,acquiring classics with out registration papers is very dicey and eventually re-registration will be a big problem.You should reach out to Bangalore members of BCSC,as Belgaum is in Karnataka and it better the scooters are restored there.Bringing into another state with out papers is too risky.

Thanks for redirecting me Hillram. Also, I was in hyd a couple of months back and I had gone to Metro spares to get some spares for a Roadking and he mentioned there is another shop somewhere in Hyd that stocks parts for scooters. Would you know of it? I am looking for some parts for a vijay super.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:44   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_u View Post
Would you know of it? I am looking for some parts for a vijay super.
You can check in Ramkote area:
1. Bombay Scooter Palace
2.Elcid Scooter Parts (Opp Traffic Police Station in Ramkote)
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 14:14   #236
BHPian

Ram : In the past 6 months, I had thrice visited Elcid Scooter Parts for basic scooter spares like carburettor packing, jets, air filter, common rubber parts etc. for my Bajaj Super and my father's Priya. But the person always says that they are not available. Then I head for Scooter Palace or S.P. Auto Parts, where I end up getting whatever I need. With so many Bajaj Supers & Priyas still running strong on our roads, I find it hard to believe that Elcid does not have these basic spares. At times, I get a feeling that Elcid probably has reserved spares for a few known people. Any idea on this Ram?

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

PS : S.P. Auto Parts is now slowly reducing the spares for scooters. He is concentrating more on spare parts for latest bikes.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on this Ram?

PS : S.P. Auto Parts is now slowly reducing the spares for scooters. He is concentrating more on spare parts for latest bikes.
Rahul..You observation is absolutly right.Elcid doesnt sell parts to everyone.He has to be connected to your mechanic and then he will open up his treasures.Im on the lucky side in such case.
But once you get to know him,then he will get anything you want.I restored 3 Vespas with all the parts sources from him.He gave me lots of monograms and original tail lights of Vespas for a derisory amount.
On the other hand Bombay Scooter Palace is very rude and dont stock anything.
Procuring parts for classics is also an art,these days !!!
Old 13th June 2011, 15:30   #238
BHPian

Thanks for your response Ram! It is partly right on Elcid's part to sell spares to a few selected people. But that is fine when it comes to spares of classics like Vespas and Lambrettas. When it comes to spares of scooters like Bajaj Super, he should be ideally selling spares to whoever comes to his shop. And I am not talking about monograms and stuff. I am talking about basic parts that wear out due to frequent use like brake pedal rubber, brake liners, clutch and brake levers etc. Anyway everyone has his own way of doing business... Our job is to procure and stock parts and like you said it is an art when it comes to classics, a status which the Bajaj Super has still some time to attain.

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:25   #239
Senior - BHPian

Rahul..Something is wrong here.
I have seen Elcid sell many parts for Bajaj Chetaks,Super,Priya and just not monograms my friend.but carbs,engine parts,electrical stuff etc.Monograms and brake lever pads are too small for him and throws these stuff at free of cost.Next time i will accompany you and you will see the difference.
Old 13th June 2011, 23:16   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ram : In the past 6 months, I had thrice visited Elcid Scooter Parts for basic scooter spares like carburettor packing, jets, air filter, common rubber parts etc. for my Bajaj Super and my father's Priya. But the person always says that they are not available. Then I head for Scooter Palace or S.P. Auto Parts, where I end up getting whatever I need. With so many Bajaj Supers & Priyas still running strong on our roads, I find it hard to believe that Elcid does not have these basic spares. At times, I get a feeling that Elcid probably has reserved spares for a few known people. Any idea on this Ram?

Rahul Waghmare.

Even I felt the same with Elcid, he was once ruling the scooter parts world. I did not try him again. There is a myth or confusion among the people esp with the mechanics and they feel Cheatak, Priya, Bajaj Super etc have become a rare commodity (Antique main agaye saab) and the parts are stocked apart from that the dealers are concentrating on bike parts as they move fast and their investments generate profits.

Quote:
Rahul..You observation is absolutly right.Elcid doesnt sell parts to everyone.He has to be connected to your mechanic and then he will open up his treasures.Im on the lucky side in such case.
But once you get to know him,then he will get anything you want.I restored 3 Vespas with all the parts sources from him.He gave me lots of monograms and original tail lights of Vespas for a derisory amount.
On the other hand Bombay Scooter Palace is very rude and dont stock anything.
Procuring parts for classics is also an art,these days !!!
This is funny logic of Elcid and few other dealers even Rex automobiles does it for Jeep parts, it's even funnier when you still need to pay premium amount which might add mechanics share also.

In this case Ram sir you are master of this trick also, having said that why dont we stock few basic parts (you know where I am coming ) at least like break shoes (for vespas and older vespas which has single shoe it's a must) cables, packing kit, oil seals for our beauties. If possible we should think of far in the future buy a complete

1. REMSONS cable kit
2. SWISS/MINDA/LUMAX wiring kit & Switch
3. SENIOR beading and grommet kit.
4. EAGLE floor mat.
5. MINDA Headlamp seal beam along with the Chrome ring.
6. Nut & Bolt complete kit
7. ZEROLEAK packing kit.
8. Oil seal kit.
9. TATA/NRB Main Bearing, rooler bearings.
10.Clutch plates, Pressure plates, Brass button etc from clutch side.
11.SWISS/MINDA/LUMAX tail lamp, indicators etc for the latest versions.
The above list is sufficient for a scooter to have a fresh paint job and to get ready and survive for a long term life.

I am in search for loose vauchers inside the headlamp/handle which stops acceletor and gear yolk play for my Vespa, hope someone can help me.

Most Viewed