Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2011, 23:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamby restoration in the UK

I've also been given a very useful gift to aid me with the Lamby re-build - a packet of genuine Indian tea - 'Aap ki pasand San-Cha' brand. As you all know, we Brits are famous for our love of tea and I drink gallons of the stuff

I'll be re-building an Indian scooter with the help of Indian tea - can't be bad

Regards
Ed[/quote]

Ah! Ha! what else can make the work more brisky than the "Irani Chai" rich tea made with special tea leaf, milk, and some condensed milk, I gulp atleast half a litre in installments while I am at my denters place, thanks to that guy who gets me a cup every hour passes by, Hyderabad moves on tea.
Old 11th April 2011, 02:47   #92
BHPian

Hi all

An update at last! My paint sprayer sent me through these photos of the completed frame in his garage today. The frame and other parts may be ready to collect as early as next weekend

Regards
Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Lamby restoration in the UK-eds_bike_002111.jpg  

Lamby restoration in the UK-eds_bike_001111.jpg  

Old 31st July 2011, 20:04   #93
BHPian

At long last the Lamby is back with me and re-assembly can begin

I Got her back last week and after allowing another week for the laquer to dry, I've started to add a few bits.

Regards
Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Lamby restoration in the UK-001-1024x768.jpg  

Lamby restoration in the UK-003-1024x768.jpg  

Lamby restoration in the UK-004-1024x768-2.jpg  

Lamby restoration in the UK-006-1024x768.jpg  

Old 31st July 2011, 20:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

looks amazing! the scooter in the first picture seemed to be in your garage or car parking, now I can make out she is moved to your living room or bedroom, this reminds me of my scooter assembly which had been living with me for 3 months and more in my bedroom he he..he! waiting for the finished product, all the very best Ed

Last edited by chanu : 31st July 2011 at 20:31.
Old 8th August 2011, 00:40   #95
BHPian

Got hold of these from a good friend this week - a pair of original API Polo black plastic fork boots They need some super glue here and there and also some new small plastic sections will have to be fashioned and added, but I'm confident these can be restored with a bit of time and patience
Attached Thumbnails
Lamby restoration in the UK-004-1024x768.jpg  

Lamby restoration in the UK-006-768x1024.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 08:55   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsuede View Post
Got hold of these from a good friend this week - a pair of original API Polo black plastic fork boots They need some super glue here and there and also some new small plastic sections will have to be fashioned and added, but I'm confident these can be restored with a bit of time and patience
Good One, Yes you can restore it.
You may have to place some pieces of plastic behind the cracked portion and then apply some adhesive like Araldite or similar. You may as well paint it Matt Black or any colour of your choice to hide the adhesive traces.
Some 10 years back I had done the same for a crack that had developed in the tail lamp housing in my dad's Vijai. Though the housing is still usable, I replaced it recently for the sake of looks.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsuede View Post
Ed,
These seem to belong to the Lamby POLO, the successor to the Lamby 150. I've never seen the latter fitted with these.

If they suit an older design like the Lamby's then well and good I guess.
Old 8th August 2011, 23:06   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ed,
These seem to belong to the Lamby POLO, the successor to the Lamby 150. I've never seen the latter fitted with these.

If they suit an older design like the Lamby's then well and good I guess.
Hi Stanher - yes Lamby Polo fork boots, but my friend has had these fitted to his Lamby 150 and they do fit ok and look reasonably good too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks