Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 19:39   #31
BHPian

Re: 1942 Morris 8 four door restoration started

Congratss to both of you on your passion to revive this vintage.

I personally have fond memories of Morris 8 from my childhood. My grandfather had one and later I remember some awesome drives with my father.

Every sunday he used to wash Morris while we assisted him and then wax it once a month or so I guess.

My dad expired early when we were kids and then as the years started to grow on the car--with no-one to drive it, the poor thing rusted away. It came to a point that the neighbors started forcing my mother to sell the car. We did try restoring it but the cost and time involved was too much for a single mother with 2 kids to feed.

and finally we sold it to someone who owns orchids and was a collector, he assured us that he would restore the car to its golden days.

I still regret not growing up quick enough to retain that vintage. But whenever I come across someone like you both, i feel a direct connect and am reminded of those days when my dad and I used to get distilled water for Morris 8's battery.

would love to see your completed project in pics. And maybe when I'm in Agra next you can grant me permission to see this beauty in flesh.
atul.sxna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 15:04   #32

Re: 1942 Morris 8 four door restoration started

hi

good to see a couple of morris 8's being restored. they are lovely and simple cars to maintain and run.

i have four surplus 450 x 17' wheels ( tyres, rim and tubes ) for sale.

2 tyres are good with treads. one tyre is smooth but very useable.

one tyre has a sidewall crack and with a gutter.

all tubes are good/ new.

all rims are good.

this is a rare size of wheel / tyre and if anyone needs them they can get in touch

with me on email - venkrish@gmail.com.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks