Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 09:21   #61
BHPian

Re: Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan

I have come to know that the Petite pictured above has found its way to the Bahawalpur Museum along with the Ford Woodie appearing in this thread earlier. Both cars will be restored at the Governments expense.

Latest picture of the Ford appears below. Notable is the further deterioration of condition by the smashed wind screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-img20160412wa0003.jpg  

msabbasi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 16:49   #62
BHPian

[quote=shyml;
Picture is in Sadiq Garh Palace circa 1973, Photo courtesy Sahibzada Falahuddin Abbasi & Travencore.)[/QUOTE]

Two more B&W pics of 702298 at Sadiq Garh Palace in new colours. Car was originally made by Vanden Plas ( pronounced correctly as "Vundun Plus") in French Grey/English White with White vinyl roof and grey and maroon interior . Then sent to Barker to get the front visor ala US V-16's and a black vinyl roof and maroon interior. Finally painted as two shades of Green on body with black fenders and chrome door hinges and window chrome painted green also, at Motorkhana Sadiq Garh Palace workshops at Dera Nawab. Hence the misinformation that there were perhaps more than one V-16 in BWP garages. We plan to try French Grey/English white with Black top combo as seen in the large line up photo posted by Sahibzada Falahuddin in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-bahawalpur-cadillac-v16-bwp133-frt-3q-l-period-hh-feb-7-2015-1.jpg  

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-bahawalpur-cadillac-v16-bwp133-side-l-profile-hh-feb-7-2015-.jpg  

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-cbr8bigewkkgrhqflsez4j5i0dbng9lchllw0_3.jpg  

shyml is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 17:27   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyml View Post
Then sent to Barker to get the front visor ala US V-16's and a black vinyl roof and maroon interior
Thanks so much shyml!

In the Motorkhana photo, it looks like during the Barker repaint, the wings and body side mouldings were also painted black, along with the change to a black roof.

The colours look a little too dark to be French Grey; and seem to match the black roof
travancore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 18:25   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-bahawalpur-mercedes-680s-period-tbhp.jpg

From an unnamed German magazine, 1928.

This is likely where the author of "The Car of Kings" got his "Bhopal" inspiration; or rather, misinformation from.
travancore is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 22:15   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

This model is in tribute to a great friend, mentor and guide - the late Sahibzada Falah ud Din Abbasi. May he be counted among the blessed. How I wish I could have completed it while he was still with us.

Sahibzada was one to share with no reservations. My most basic (and sometimes stupid) questions were always answered with amazing grace.

"Noblesse oblige" is defined as "the moral obligation of those of high birth, powerful social position, etc., to act with honor, kindliness, generosity, etc.". Sahibzada was noblesse oblige personified.

The 680S is modeled in 1/24 scale, with the base being the Lindberg SSK. Not much of the original kit is left however!

I have chosen to fly the more colourful Nawab's personal standard. Traditionally, the preference in-state would have been given to the black Abbasid flag.

Dedicated to a great friend...........

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-frt-headon-sadiq-garh-tbhp2.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-frt-3q-r-sadiq-garh-tbhp1.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-frt-3q-l-derawar-tbhp3.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-side-l-sadiq-grah-thbp1.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-side-r-darbar-mahal-thbp1.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-rear-3q-motorkhana-tbhp1.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-rear-3q-bentley-tbhp2.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-top-view.jpg

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-boattails-top2.jpg

Last edited by travancore : 17th July 2016 at 22:23.
travancore is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 10:14   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
This model is in tribute to a great friend, mentor and guide - the late Sahibzada Falah ud Din Abbasi. May he be counted among the blessed. How I wish I could have completed it while he was still with us.
Well done, it is clearly a labour of love. RIP.
Old 18th July 2016, 11:30   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Travancore, what a great tribute, it looks marvelous
Old 18th July 2016, 16:17   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikeyaL View Post
Travancore, what a great tribute, it looks marvelous
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Well done, it is clearly a labour of love. RIP.
Thanks Karl, Kartikeyal. Yes indeed, it took a while, because I wanted to get it right.
Old 24th July 2016, 02:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore
;
Outstanding in all respects. All the models are very well executed. Looking forward to more creations.

Amer Ahmad

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th December 2018 at 10:46. Reason: Fixing quote tag
shyml is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 09:33   #70
BHPian

Travancore, Thank you for your generosity in providing such a touching tribute to my late cousin. May he rest in peace. He is, and will, continue to be deeply missed by the family. A truly fine human being.
msabbasi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 06:45   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-bahawalpur-rr-sg-70tm-aug-1947-mountbatten.jpg

Bahawalpur RR SG 70TM , "BWP-31".

Independence Day, 1947, carrying Lord Mountbatten
travancore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 07:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1607697

Bahawalpur RR SG 70TM , "BWP-31".

Independence Day, 1947, carrying Lord Mountbatten

Tranvancore, thank you for providing this historic picture. It may be noted here that the present owner Mr. Karim Chhapra restored this car at great pains to concours condition. The car was later entered in 2012 into the Kuwait Concours d'elegance competition where it won its class.

More can be read about the event here: http://www.motoringme.com/features/k...gallery-video/

Mr. Chhapra, a true enthusiast also entered his Hupmobile (not one of HH cars) which took 3rd place in the same class.
msabbasi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 23:17   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Bahawalpur Invicta Black Prince

I recently came across a Hooper reference to photos SC7145 to SC7150 that lists the car as:

Invicta Black Prince Saloon for the Nawab of Bahawalpur.

Is anyone aware of this car ? It is a possibility that it may only have been used in England.
Old 19th February 2017, 23:50   #74
BHPian

Re: Bahawalpur Invicta Black Prince

Quote:
I recently came across a Hooper reference to photos SC7145 to SC7150 that lists the car as:

Invicta Black Prince Saloon for the Nawab of Bahawalpur.

Is anyone aware of this car ? It is a possibility that it may only have been used in England.
Great news. Can you pl post pictures. I need to update my list pronto. Its amazing how HH's cars keep turning up. I am sure the Bugatti and Alfa Romeo, hitherto only gossip will also surface.
Amer Ahmad
Old 20th February 2017, 04:11   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bahawalpur Invicta Black Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyml View Post
Great news. Can you pl post pictures. I need to update my list pronto. Its amazing how HH's cars keep turning up. I am sure the Bugatti and Alfa Romeo, hitherto only gossip will also surface.
Amer Ahmad
Unfortunately Amer, that is all the information I have - no photos. I have been on the hunt for the last 4 days!

The internet has but one Black Prince Saloon - and that is a "Wentworth" body by Charlesworth (not Hooper). Very similar to H.H.'s PIII

Cars of HH Nawab Sadiq M Abbasi V of Bahawalpur, Pakistan-invicta-black-prince-brochure.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are photos of a Coupe, that looks remarkably like the Bahawalpur Bentley B32EF:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...rway-invic.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears that only 16 Black Princes were made after Invicta's post WWII revival. Of those, 12 are estimated to survive. So maybe, one of these days!

Last edited by travancore : 20th February 2017 at 04:28.

Most Viewed