Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 23:22   #16
BHPian

Hello Baddy ,

The easiest thing to do would be to repair the skirt on the pistons , any self respecting turner / fitter could do the job on a normal lathe . If you hunt around - Austin 7 rings will be available in Chennai - other wise there is a chap called Gupta at Kashmeere Gate , Delhi who deals only in fabricated pistons & rings , he is sure to have Austin rings.

Regards
Chauhan
Old 27th September 2010, 22:07   #17
BHPian

Hello Baddy ,

1.8 litre on a Austin 7 !!!??? should make the austin FLY !!!

piston skirts are quite easy to repair any self respecting turner / fitter / machinist should be able to assist you in repair of the pistons .

Austin 7 rings are no big deals , they are still available in most Indian cities .

Austin 7 is a nice car to restore and then maintain . Just go ahead and restore

Regards
Chauhan
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:01   #18

Re: Need help about AUSTIN 7 engine

Baddy, can you send me a high resolution picture and history of this car ideally including import details. I would like to use that for an 'Austin 7s Abroad' display in the UK next year where for the Centenary celebrations there will be 1000 A7s. My email is nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk If your email will not send high res pictures please use dropbox or a similar large file transfer programme. Your information will be added to the National Archives.
our help appreciated, Nick (Member of the A7 Cambridge Club, UK)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks