Team-BHP - Pranlal Bhogilal Collection - Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Pranlal Bhogilal Collection - Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/28055-pranlal-bhogilal-collection-auto-world-dasthan-kathwada-gujarat-2.html)

The newest car there was a Standard Herald.

As you observe in the background, there are plenty more cars. Next time, i got to return with a digital!

Are all these cars in running condition or just display pieces now?

True beauties of their times - Still kept Immaculately well !!!

Nice Pics - Cheers !!

:) thanks alot for posting the pics ajmat

but wasnt the chrysler airflow supposed to be off white in colour
like in the pic i am posting .this is the same car

wonder why they changed the colour:confused:

lovely lagonda.are there more lagondas in his collection(i heard lagondas were one of the best race cars of its times..is it true)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 544117)
The newest car there was a Standard Herald.

As you observe in the background, there are plenty more cars. Next time, i got to return with a digital!

Lovely cars there! 'didnt know PB had a collection across 3 different cities!
Any pics. of the Herald btw?? please:

:) Ajmat if the you find the new paint questionable i am with you.but you cannot do that about the cars with original weird paint.you see many of these cars belonged to the north indian maharajas gujarati/rajastani etc,these cars were their status symbols and had to match with their attire and hence had such colourful painting done on them

even i hate some colour combos like this one on 1911 daimler for example(belongs to the same collection)

Nice pictures Ajmat & it's high time you switched to a Digital P&S!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 544090)
This Langonda 2 liter is a beauty. Not apparent in the pics, it has a grace and poise similar to the old Jag's. This was my favourite

A fellow member owns a rare '29 Lagonda, now only need some time to take some good pica of it & post them here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 544096)
They normaly try to challenge you to find the fuel filler - any guesses

Let me guess, behind the tail lamp or number plate?

Magnificent collection. Thanks for sharing Ajmat.

Got these two pics of the collection. First one was published in BS Motoring.

nice pictures ajmat, i think you should shift to digital.

GS the first picture you posted is the katwada house and the second picture is his bombay house daskot. the person cleaning the red rolls is abul his personal driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 544190)
Nice pics ajmat, thanks for sharing.

Is anyone allowed to have a look at the cars? Id love to have a look at them even iof it means travelling to Ahemdabad.

yes khanak anybody is allowed to have a look. auto world is a museum opened to the public. there are close to a 100 cars there.

Nice pics ajmat, thanks for sharing.

Is anyone allowed to have a look at the cars? Id love to have a look at them even iof it means travelling to Ahemdabad.

Finally I get to see some recent detailed pics of the collection. I don't know what to say, the pics speak for themselves, with their painted bumpers and Matador hubcaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 544231)
The pics speak for themselves, with their painted bumpers and Matador hubcaps.

There was a sunbeam with plastic hubcaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 544250)

I suppose he just doesnt take interest in the cars anymore, and probably handed over responsibilty to some so-and-so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 544231)
The pics speak for themselves, with their painted bumpers and Matador hubcaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 544250)

i think for a 70 year old person to maintain a fleet of 300 odd cars singlehandedly gets very tiresome and some of the parts are also not availablle. he is not techno savy and does not trust others easily. the bumpers of the cars have been painted to protect them and chromeing them regularly becomes a pain. i think instead of finding faults we should look at the brighter side that the cars are available for our viewing and are still preserved in one peice till date. dont mean to offend anyone.
the 1940 auburn that ajmat has posted was done at my place and i know what i had to go through.

Awesome collection... Hats off to Mr. Bhogilal for maintaining this fleet... Great share Ajmat... :)