Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 10:44   #121
Senior - BHPian

you're very welcome ramkya1. Glad to be of help. you should view Sam's video on youtube too. If you haven't by now that is. Yes your logs will be helpful to all. Regards

Mods, Please close this thread.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
deutscheafrikar: Thanks a million for the quick pointer and the URL. That thread has covered the Museum beautifully and the discussions have brought out many side-stories too, IMO subject thrashed enough.

Loading more pictures on the same subject would be an overkill, so I'm not going to use up valuable space and time. I think my logs would be useful for prospective visiters to find the place.

======
Sir.

With all due respect uploading your pictures would add a fresh perspective to the discussion and pictures of this collection on this forum.

Maybe you have pics of some of teh cars that have not been posted earlier or maybe your pics bring out some interesting details so I request you to please take teh time and upload all 125 of the snaps with you.

Just as an example let me tell you the picture you posted of the Indian and the Daimler is the very first we have seen of these two interesting vehicles.

looking forward to your pics. You can either put them up on this thread or on the other one that covers this collection.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:08   #123
Senior - BHPian

Please post all your pictures here. There are sure to be some interesting cars not appropriately pictured here in the past that can add to this thread.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Sir.

With all due respect uploading your pictures would add a fresh perspective to the discussion and pictures of this collection on this forum.

Maybe you have pics of some of teh cars that have not been posted earlier or maybe your pics bring out some interesting details so I request you to please take teh time and upload all 125 of the snaps with you.

Just as an example let me tell you the picture you posted of the Indian and the Daimler is the very first we have seen of these two interesting vehicles.

looking forward to your pics. You can either put them up on this thread or on the other one that covers this collection.
Thanks for your post and vote of confidance.

Actually, I have seen the other thread and Sam's video, it has practically covered everything. I may have different angles and clearer pictures, but then it would be mostly duplication.

However, I'm writing a travalogue in another place, will give a linky to that place or PM you.

--Ramky
=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 27th January 2010 at 19:13.
Old 28th January 2010, 00:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Visited the Pranlal Bhogilal place today, was going to load all my 150+ Pictures again in another thread, fortunately deutscheafrikar quickly pointed me to this thread which has discussed the subject thoroughly.

Had difficulty finding the place so I am loading the logs to the place for those who may find it useful.

karlosdeville, you have done an awesome job of compilation, this thread is a gem.

-----
Ramkya,

I'll be travelling from Bombay enroute to Udaipur very soon. Karl's pics and your excel have whetted my appetite of experiencing Bhogilal's collection.

Specifically I will be travelling from Bombay on the NH8, bypassing Baroda and Ahmedabad, for Udaipur. If you can please give me directions so that I can make a detour to the museum for a couple of hours and proceed- subject to clearance from my home ministry, of course!

P.S. : Am particularly interested in the Lagonda ( a WO Bentley creation after he sold off Bentley to arch rivals RR), the 1931 8 litre Bentley ( RR promptly killed off WO's 8 litre inline six Bentley after they acquired Bentley covertly) and the Hispano Suiza. Does Bhogilal also have any Isotta-Fraschinis? Bugattis? Maseratis? Peerless es? Pierce Arrows?

Drool drool drool.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 28th January 2010 at 00:42. Reason: Made corrections
Old 30th January 2010, 14:35   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Ramkya,

Specifically I will be travelling from Bombay on the NH8, bypassing Baroda and Ahmedabad, for Udaipur. If you can please give me directions so that I can make a detour to the museum for a couple of hours and proceed- subject to clearance from my home ministry, of course!

P.S. : Am particularly interested in the Lagonda ( a WO Bentley creation after he sold off Bentley to arch rivals RR), the 1931 8 litre Bentley ( RR promptly killed off WO's 8 litre inline six Bentley after they acquired Bentley covertly) and the Hispano Suiza. Does Bhogilal also have any Isotta-Fraschinis? Bugattis? Maseratis? Peerless es? Pierce Arrows?

Drool drool drool.

Regards
Moisture will not be good for the cars, so try to control yourself when you see the cars. The drooling is referred to.
The place is near Gandhinagar.
There should be three Lagonda's, and all are not connected with WO.
There are many nice cars as you have seen, Packards, Rolls, Mercs etc, but no Isotta's, Bugs, Masre's, Pierces. And I am not aware of any Peerless in India. But go all the same and enjoy the day.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 30th January 2010 at 14:39.
Old 30th January 2010, 16:52   #127
Senior - BHPian

Excel seet attached with exact directions, just follow them on your ODO & have a nice time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Ramkya,

I'll be travelling from Bombay enroute to Udaipur very soon. Karl's pics and your excel have whetted my appetite of experiencing Bhogilal's collection.

P.S. : ..............................

Drool drool drool.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: xls Abad-Vintage car museum-Jan-09.xls (21.0 KB, 355 views)

Last edited by ramkya1 : 30th January 2010 at 16:58.
Old 30th January 2010, 18:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Excel seet attached with exact directions, just follow them on your ODO & have a nice time.
Sorry, I think I have uploaded the wrong excel, uploading herewith directions from Baroda to the Vintage Car Museum.

Mods: you may delete the post at 1652, post no. 127, with the attachment. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Baroda Expressway to Vaishnodevei jan09.xls (22.0 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by ramkya1 : 30th January 2010 at 18:46.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:45   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

This month's Auto India magazine has a feature (apparently part 1 of a series) of Bhogilal's cars. It covers the 8 litre Bentley, the Mors (both apparently came from Assam), Hydereabad 20HP Rolls, Jaipur Packard and Alwar Hispano. Worth a look.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:42   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

This Lincoln is now on display at the museum (I don't think it has been pictured before).

Pranlal Bhogilal Collection -  Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat-01.jpg

I would see Mr. Bhogilal regularly being driven around in this Lincoln in Mahabaleshwar. I remember it being a coupe, with oval porthole windows and the Lincoln logo etched into it. Possibly a Cartier edition?

A photo of one of his Lagondas with the previous owner, a Parsi, whose name apparently is part of the name given to the car. So the caretaker said.

Pranlal Bhogilal Collection -  Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat-02.jpg
Pranlal Bhogilal Collection -  Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat-03.jpg

And for Stanher...

Pranlal Bhogilal Collection -  Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat-04.jpg
Pranlal Bhogilal Collection -  Auto World - Dasthan - Kathwada - Gujarat-05.jpg
Old 13th February 2010, 22:13   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
And for Stanher...
Thanks karl! I remember seeing a pic. of this car before. But only the exterior.

Not too eye-catching, especially the dash! One of the dharampur Heralds should've been grabbed when originally sold to contribute to this mueseum!
Old 25th February 2010, 19:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

in the autoindia article it is mentioned that bhogilal has some cars in COCHIN?
karl,can you say something more about this?
Old 25th February 2010, 19:34   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
in the autoindia article it is mentioned that bhogilal has some cars in COCHIN?
karl,can you say something more about this?
That artice has a lot of inaccuracies and this could be one of them. It also said he has cars in Hyderabad which is not the case !

What I would really liekto see is a picture of his 500 /540 K which has been spoken of and not seen here

Last edited by wasif : 25th February 2010 at 19:36.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:00   #134
Team-BHP Support

Some of Bhogilal cars explained by the owner himself. It is always a pleasure to watch these beauties on the move.
Old 5th May 2010, 21:38   #135
Senior - BHPian

cars in hyd

used to have them there near Jubilee hills all moved out now
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
That artice has a lot of inaccuracies and this could be one of them. It also said he has cars in Hyderabad which is not the case !

What I would really liekto see is a picture of his 500 /540 K which has been spoken of and not seen here

Most Viewed