Team-BHP - Dodge 1945
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Dodge 1945 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/31280-dodge-1945-a.html)

Received these photographs from a friend. This Dodge is now being used to take foreign tourist on village safari's by a hotel owner in rajasthan. Am told its very popular with the tourist.

Sat

lovely , but did it come like this or did they modify it to make it a tourist vehicle ????

We had two '50s Dodge trucks(aka lorry) with us until a few years ago.
I've never managed to find their info on the net.

Hmm...I cant see the pictures. Can everyone please use imageshack in the future? Photobucket always has trouble.

Hi Sat, good to see you back.
this is one of the cars besides the buicks and other american classics belonging to the RM collection that has been rented out to a hotel in Jaipur or Jodhpur forgot which one now. the same hotel also uses these cars to pick up and drop off foreign guests to the airport and for city tours.

Had come across this photo some time back while surfing, showing what appears to be a somewhat similar bus also ferrying tourists. It just might be the same vehicle, apparently having undergone major modifications.

While we are on the subject, this early Dodge Woody is a regular at the Pune rallies.

Karl the first picture of the green dodge is similar (same model differently designed) to the dodge posted by Sat. the car is black with the hunting/search lights mounted on the windscreen frame. the hubcaps of the car are wrong and look like they have been taken from a tempo or something. this and the other cars that have been given are not in original condition. karl helping you out as you cannot see the picture.
there is also a 1936 cadillac that would be joining the fleet soon.

Wow. great pics Speedy. Thanks fro sharing it with us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 625271)
Hmm...I cant see the pictures. Can everyone please use imageshack in the future? Photobucket always has trouble.

You Relic, use Mozilla Firefox instead of Explorer:D then you'll probably see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 625336)
Wow. great pics Speedy. Thanks fro sharing it with us.

kya bhai subah se main hi mila kya, bache ki jaan loge kya :D ?

speedy, do not think this is one of RM cars, some of RM cars are parked at a hotel in jaipur. This vehicle has been modified, has a rear door put in too, seats 10 people.

sat

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 625336)
You Relic, use Mozilla Firefox instead of Explorer:D then you'll probably see it.

Bah, you youngsters and your new fangled technology...I can see them fine now thank you.

Did you see the bonnet emblem taken from your Studebaker?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sat (Post 625375)
speedy, do not think this is one of RM cars, some of RM cars are parked at a hotel in jaipur. This vehicle has been modified, has a rear door put in too, seats 10 people.
sat

Sat i am confidant as i have seen this car being worked on at his place. i had also told them about the jeep type tyres that were on the car. the engine is also not original just like the various other things on the car. the body which was a delapitated woody was being wielded upon. i was told by his mech that the car was going to the hotel. yes Jaipur sorry had slipped my mind. the 1936 cadillac has a 51 cadillac engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 625377)

Karl the cars are used for the rentals they earn. the only criteria being that they should look good nothing missing, so if that means another model emblem goes on it does. the gaps (patti etc) have to be filled. oh yes how could i forget they have to be practical

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 625377)

You bet I did. I have a good mind in writing to the guy and claiming it back.... i would not be surprised if the cars got a Diesel in it.....Jeepers...what a scary thought!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 625286)
Had come across this photo some time back while surfing, showing what appears to be a somewhat similar bus also ferrying tourists. It just might be the same vehicle, apparently having undergone major modifications.

While we are on the subject, this early Dodge Woody is a regular at the Pune rallies.

MYB registration looks like it is a Mysore Vehicle maybe from the collection of the Maharaja of Mysore ???

It looks pretty good. Well maintained.
Any idea what type of engine this truck has?