Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 14:08   #31
BHPian

I am sure this isn't a 1929 Chev . (Four cylinder chevs finished in 1928) because the dash is a 1932 Chev although the cowl is completely different to a 29,30,31 or 1932 Chev . If possible get a engine number and post it up and i can tell roughly what year it was built.
It's possibly an Indian or even Australian body on a 1932 Chassis .

In fact i would definintly say it's a 1932 Commercial chassis ,the three spoke steering wheel is a 1932 item used on cars and on 1933 trucks and light commercials.
This is a 1929 dash and bonnet.
Old 22nd June 2010, 00:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed4rmhyd View Post
Hi Anjan,
Saw the pix you posted of the Chevy. it is suggested that you recheck the year of manufacture as in 1929 chevys came as 4 cylinders and had an updraft carter carb with a brass bowl, the rims were fixed discs and the tyres were mounted on the removable flat strip called 'patta' in the local lang. the shocks too in this car seem of later period.Further more the rear brakes had one round liner sitting around the outer face of the drum. The steering wheel in the pix seems to b of a Matdor. Another feature rarely seen and found in the chevy's till 1929 was that the TDC of the pistons wasabt an inch plus inside the bore as the valveuse to open in the chamber as the head was FLAT

I am quite sure that it is a Fleetmaster engine. Even the brake and clutch pedals are from the Fleetmaster. In those years the accelarator was between the clutch and brake pedals. Mohaan
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:54   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed4rmhyd View Post
Hi Anjan,
Saw the pix you posted of the Chevy. it is suggested that you recheck the year of manufacture as in 1929 chevys came as 4 cylinders and had an updraft carter carb with a brass bowl, the rims were fixed discs and the tyres were mounted on the removable flat strip called 'patta' in the local lang. the shocks too in this car seem of later period.Further more the rear brakes had one round liner sitting around the outer face of the drum. The steering wheel in the pix seems to b of a Matdor. Another feature rarely seen and found in the chevy's till 1929 was that the TDC of the pistons wasabt an inch plus inside the bore as the valveuse to open in the chamber as the head was FLAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star man View Post
I am sure this isn't a 1929 Chev . (Four cylinder chevs finished in 1928) because the dash is a 1932 Chev although the cowl is completely different to a 29,30,31 or 1932 Chev . If possible get a engine number and post it up and i can tell roughly what year it was built.
It's possibly an Indian or even Australian body on a 1932 Chassis .

In fact i would definintly say it's a 1932 Commercial chassis ,the three spoke steering wheel is a 1932 item used on cars and on 1933 trucks and light commercials.
This is a 1929 dash and bonnet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaan View Post
I am quite sure that it is a Fleetmaster engine. Even the brake and clutch pedals are from the Fleetmaster. In those years the accelarator was between the clutch and brake pedals. Mohaan
Its a surprise to know that this car's engine is not original.The car appears to be a hybrid with many older components.I had also told the person who owns it that its tough to find someone, who is not too old and one who had seen such cars in their prime during the 1920's or 30's, so only experts can authenticate such a car's components.
Old 1st October 2014, 23:58   #34
BHPian

What year is this Chevy?
Attached Thumbnails
1927 Chevrolet Tourer...-1412188064328.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks