Team-BHP - Lagonda cars in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   Lagonda cars in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/37414-lagonda-cars-india.html)

apart from my 1939 V12 Rapide in delhi, i know of the following cars
Lagonda M45 tourer in delhi
Lagonda M45 drophead coupe? in delhi
Lagonda 11.1 hp coupe in delhi
possibly an LG45 in the same collection in delhi

Lagonda LG6 saloon in the bhogilal collection
Lagonda 2 litre high chassis, in the bhogilal collection
Lagonda V12 drophead coupe in the bhogilal collection

Lagonda Rapier? in indore
Lagonda Fox&Nichols replica tourer in indore
red and silver Lagonda which was with Manvendra Barwani in the late 80s

remains of a Lagonda in Vijay Mallya's pasta lane garage

rumors of another V12/LG6 convertible down south
rumors of an M45/LG45 in gujrat

what else?

Here are a few earlier posted. Im sure they are already part of the list. The red and black Holkar car is not in the country anymore, but on the list anyway.

I recall another drophead with an MMF regn, which I cant seem to find pics of at the moment.

wow these classic looks real stunner,I really liked the last pic.real cool combo of paint job

Thanks for sharing Awini. I realised I have a lovely set of detailed pictures of your car. Not sure how I got them, possibly from a Pakistani website. Its such a beautiful car.

More of the 1934 M45

Lagonda cars in India-img_0051.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-img_0052.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-img_0165.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-img_0166.jpg

Some 30 odd years ago a fabulous Lagonda with motorcycle style mudguards and a boat tail rear (if I recall correctly) had participated in a rally in Hyderabad. I think the gentleman (a parsi?) had come down from either Poona or Bombay oops Pune or Mumbai :) will try to locate pictures of the car, scan them in and post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 771516)
Thanks for sharing Awini. I realised I have a lovely set of detailed pictures of your car. Not sure how I got them, possibly from a Pakistani website. Its such a beautiful car.

post them, the more the merrier, plus it saves me from scanning and posting etc:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 771623)
post them, the more the merrier, plus it saves me from scanning and posting etc:)

Aah now that's the spirit. Thank you Sir. Here's your beauty in detail

Lagonda cars in India-pict8100.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8101.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8102.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8103.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8106.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8113.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8114.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8115.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8117.jpg

Lagonda cars in India-pict8118.jpg

Name:  PICT8119.jpg
Views: 5229
Size:  81.0 KB

This car truly is awesome. I simply love this model, moreso because I love the sound of that V12

Wonderful pictures, DKG nice to see the varied photos of the Delhi M45 Lagonda as well, (through the headlights need setting up properly.....) long ago I renovated the carburettors of this car, the water pump, changed the piston rings and valves/guides and the couplings. The bottom half and bores were ok, plus annual servicing. This car has become a historic part of the Delhi rally every year, loved by its owner, painted by that permanent fixture of the Delhi car scene in the 80s-90s Shri Bal Kishan (11.00 am starter) :) no matter what, who I once rescued from the police while he was wandering about the park opposite the Lagonda owner's house appearing suspicious during one of the bomb scare panics that used to occur. The Lagonda's owner is/was also an integral personality in the Delhi car scene for many decades and has a lot of photos I hope will surface on this forum in due course. He has been the greatest help to the vintage car world in Delhi for the past 30 years or more, Mr. Raj Seth, please get on line, join in, and share your experiences.
A couple of extra photos from the Delhi rally and the Queenie film in Jaipur:
Lagonda cars in India-scan0039.jpg
Lagonda cars in India-scan0041.jpg

Another addition to the thread, That other Lagonda in B/W before it came to India....
Lagonda cars in India-lagonda.jpg
Picture Source : Lagonda 1899-1999 by Arnold Davey

Hi Awini,
Great that you have started this thred. You have such a wonderful Lagonda. Why are you not restoring it. She will be drop dear gorgeous when done. Hope you will be doing that soon. Hope we will be able to get pics of all the Lagondas in this country. C'mon guys, keep the pics coming..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 771516)

Nope Deepak, you got the pictures off this forum only! They were taken by me & posted in this thread here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...n-lagonda.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 770933)
I recall another drophead with an MMF regn, which I cant seem to find pics of at the moment.

This is the car I was talking about. Any idea on its whereabouts? Pic courtesy Xoticars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 796220)
This is the car I was talking about. Any idea on its whereabouts? Pic courtesy Xoticars.

Mr. Sanghi in Indore has a similar car if I remember correctly. Was this car ever owned by a Parsi gentlemen? I remember a similar car coming to Hyderabad in a rally mid seventies. I distinctly remember him getting cheesed off that the rally speeds didn't allow him to open her up and the slow traffic was causing the car to overheat.

Looks like a 30ish low chassis (the dynamo sticks out in a cut out in the bottom of the radiator) 2 litre Speed Model. Looks like someone has fitted telescopic shock absorbers in place of the Hartfords and moved the lights forward? The exhaust looks a bit localish too. Over to you Awini...

does anyone have any information about the lagonda lying around in Vijay Mallyas garage in Pasta Lane. I am told its a 38 model by the owner himself. Havent had a chance to visit the garage and check it out for myself.

Here are 3 more pictures of the M45 that came from Assam to Calcutta, then it had this virtually wood frame less:Shockked: body (it was full of bits of angle iron ) put on it there before I managed to get it for a Delhi collector. It has now been restored with a reasonable DHC body (that took 1 1/2 years at least). It has a very expensive modern timing chain conversion from the UK fitted. M45s have those inverted teeth chains that run on gears and they were unusable. Also new pistons/rings from here also. Unfortunately I have no photos of the finished car.
I'm sure you'll appreciate my normal superb photographic skillsclap:
Lagonda cars in India-assam-m45.jpg
Lagonda cars in India-assam-m45-front.jpg
Lagonda cars in India-assam-m45-engine.jpg