Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 22:13   #61
BHPian

Hi All

There is a 1937 Morris 8 Convertible for sale, anyone interested can contact 9028476252
Old 15th February 2010, 22:44   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Recently done my 1948 Morris 8 E.

Work done on brakes, starter motor, clutch, seats. front grill.

remaining works.....will be done in future

some switches, trafficator, hubcaps, upholstery and seats (not up to the quality)

regards
Nice to see your car BYJ 1737 in its new coat of paint.Here's a surprise for you!
Morris 8-byj1737.jpg
The same car photographed by me in 1999.
Old 16th February 2010, 01:12   #63
BHPian

@anjan

real surprise.....thank you.

I saw glimpse of red color in radiator shell (scratches) as well under the rear old number plate....never thought of this paint combo.

thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 09:52   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Nice to see your car BYJ 1737 in its new coat of paint.Here's a surprise for you!
The same car photographed by me in 1999.
The present colour combo looks better on it IMHO.

BTW anjan, when thiscar was with Rashid Mody, he told me the same owners also had a green and white Herald, which they refused to part with as the family had had it for a long time and many members in the family learnt driving on it. They did sell it at one point of time, but bought it back. Have you seen this car with them as well? Any chance of pics. of it?
Old 16th February 2010, 19:34   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The present colour combo looks better on it IMHO.

BTW anjan, when thiscar was with Rashid Mody, he told me the same owners also had a green and white Herald, which they refused to part with as the family had had it for a long time and many members in the family learnt driving on it. They did sell it at one point of time, but bought it back. Have you seen this car with them as well? Any chance of pics. of it?
Stanher I am not aware of the owner's other car and love for the Standard Herald. Maybe its pictures are in some other rally album.Will try for it sometime later.Of course, hard copies in this digital age are tedious to search through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
@anjan

real surprise.....thank you.

I saw glimpse of red color in radiator shell (scratches) as well under the rear old number plate....never thought of this paint combo.

thanks
Girish thanks. Was happy to see you post. We must try and know more and more about the past life of everything we have. Is it not?
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody seen the two-door Morris Eight in India?
There was a black post war Morris eight 2 door sedan with a sun roof, which was the property of the Jakkur Flying club in Bangalore. Around 1900, I saw it parked inside a hangar, dusty and cobwebbed, but complete, rust free and original. I asked the flying school authorities, who told me they were contemplating putting it to auction. Sadly, I moved to another town on transfer; they did not let me know of the auction and the car joined my large list of those that got away. The last I know of the car, it was being pushed down a road near Lalbagh, around 1993. I believe it is restored, but I haven't seen it at any event in Bangalore so far
Old 5th October 2010, 18:53   #67
BHPian

I spotted this well restored Morris 8 last Sunday when I had been to my in laws place. (They are Parsis and their building complex in Parel Lalbaug has a fire temple). I waited a while to look out for the owner of the car to ask for permission to take a picture. After a while, I gave up but nonetheless took it. I didn't take the picture of the number plate but I guess it's the same car as at the start of the thread mentioning that it's owned by a Parsi priest. The body paintwork looked clean and seems like it's regularly wax polished. The interiors had brown upholstery and the dash was well kept and appeared that that all dials were in working condition.

OT: My current car is a Fiat Linea. My love affair has started with Fiat with this one and I want to get on a project of owning a Fiat 1100 which I can restore and keep alongside my Linea. If someone here knows where I can find one please message me.
Attached Thumbnails
Morris 8-morris-8.jpg  

Old 30th October 2010, 22:31   #68
BHPian

Hello Girish ,

Are the head lights and lenses correct for this car ???
Old 31st October 2010, 08:31   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Raj Bajwa - the green morris MAR9827 is owned by our very well respected Parsi priest of the Vatcha Gandhi Agiary Mr.Aspi Dadachanji. This car has been with him since new and he has travelled with it all over the place, including Sri Lanka. It is maintained by his son Marespand Dadachanji. It is in absolutely pristine condition and has featured in all vintage rallies and won numerous awards. This car is an ICON OF OUR COMMUNITY IN IT'S OWN RIGHT. This is the way a classic car must be kept.

You can see its picture on page 1 of this thread.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 31st October 2010 at 08:32.
Old 31st October 2010, 15:23   #70
BHPian

Mr.Behram is the Brake master cylinder is available in Mumbai for this type of model Morris 8 E or any other car fits closely to this model.

This Morris 8 E was seen once in some documentary on TV driven by elderly person, the car seems to be running smoothly well. The program was about old famous restuarants in Mumbai.
Old 31st October 2010, 16:37   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Raj Bajwa - the green morris MAR9827 is owned by our very well respected Parsi priest of the Vatcha Gandhi Agiary Mr.Aspi Dadachanji. This car has been with him since new and he has travelled with it all over the place, including Sri Lanka. It is maintained by his son Marespand Dadachanji.
That car is a treat to look at.The registration MAR 9827 is from the eraly 1980's so the car must have had some other number.
Marespand had been a judge at a recent vintage car event here in 2007.
Old 31st October 2010, 17:37   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello Girish ,

Are the head lights and lenses correct for this car ???

I think so......I didn't see any gap or loose fitting with the current one.

cheers
Old 31st October 2010, 23:05   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
That car is a treat to look at.The registration MAR 9827 is from the eraly 1980's so the car must have had some other number.
Marespand had been a judge at a recent vintage car event here in 2007.
Hi Anjan , our car has been with us since 1973 when my father bought it in Nagpur , he was the head priest of the Nagpur parsi firetemple. She was previously registered as BYJ 1113 ,but due to our stupidity we lost our original reg. no. my father has been really upset about it.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:21   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Raj Bajwa - the green morris MAR9827 is owned by our very well respected Parsi priest of the Vatcha Gandhi Agiary Mr.Aspi Dadachanji. This car has been with him since new and he has travelled with it all over the place, including Sri Lanka. It is maintained by his son Marespand Dadachanji. It is in absolutely pristine condition and has featured in all vintage rallies and won numerous awards. This car is an ICON OF OUR COMMUNITY IN IT'S OWN RIGHT. This is the way a classic car must be kept.

You can see its picture on page 1 of this thread.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram , Thankyou very much for your kind comments i am humbled.
This is the car that started my love affair with old cars and has got me to what ever i am today , its all thanks to this car. We took the car by road to Srilanka in 1980 when my father was posted as a priest there , he drove down from nagpur to hyderabad, banglore , mysore , mandapam from there in a train to rameshwaram and from there in a ferry to talaiminar on the tip of srilanka.[ pl. excuse my spellings of the places] and further on to Colombo and again drove down to [Navsari gujrat] in 1982. I have a paper cutting of the trip which i will scan and put up sometime.
Thanks,
Marespand.
Old 1st November 2010, 20:02   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris1948 View Post
Hi Anjan , our car has been with us since 1973 when my father bought it in Nagpur , he was the head priest of the Nagpur parsi firetemple. She was previously registered as BYJ 1113 ,but due to our stupidity we lost our original reg. no. my father has been really upset about it.
Thanks for the information.The car is an excellent example.Do keep her that way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks