Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 23:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I think a Morris 8 was a a humble yet incredible car which made tourers available to the masses. I got very close to owning one, and did a lot of research on the car. Here is one pic i came accross which reflects the true spirit of this car. Unfortunately a lot of Morris tourers have fallen in wrong hands in India and are today gone beyond getting them restored back to originality.

Notice how much the mudguards have been changed in the Kerala car, would be very very difficult to get the original bodyline back..ofcourse if one wanted to!!
I do remember the year 1993 when i was in 10th class, chanced to see the Morris 8 tourer (1924). The owner refused to sell on grounds that I should finish my Engineering and then I can have it. The sad part, after my studies in 1998 I went back only to fount that the beauty has been sold for 32 K to some hyderabad gentelmen .

few other morris 8 were left to rot and were never sold, Chor bazzar guys were at all time high those years.

Last edited by manishalive : 21st August 2009 at 23:53.
Old 9th May 2010, 19:36   #17
BHPian

Morris 8,1935

Here is a picture of Morris 8, Series I 1935. It has appeared in another thread. Since this is dedicated to this Morris, I am uploading the photo once again
Attached Thumbnails
Seeing a classic first time 1938 Morris 8-1935-morris-8-series-i.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks