Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2010, 16:02   #31
BHPian

Originally Posted by vintagepoint5

Let me clear the doubt, the fade picture in my post #23, I posted belongs to gentlemen who lives in Hyderabad and he is an antique dealer. He has Austin which is similar model, but it is another car. The gentlemen (Sid_04) who started the thread and posted pictures on first page is different car probably in Maharastra, but similar model.

So there is one Austin in Hyd, another one in Maharashtra (Sid_04) and third one which is under restoration with my brother in Hyd. Our friend Grish_pv also have similar model Austin-10 and DKG uncle also have one well maintained Austin, don't know it is Austin-10 or bigger.

Cheers!
Old 12th December 2010, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: My '32 Austin 7

LOL...sorry guys I messed up.

Pic of car posted by me are indeed the same as on the first post in this thread. Wonder where and how its doign now.

The antique dealer in Hyd has an identical one with the same colour scheme but now I remember its a APX regestered car.

There are not just these but plenty of Austins like this around in India.
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:10   #33

Sid, your car looks very manageable compared to the saloon and the van I restored some years ago in the UK.
Maybe you can help me:
My A7 club in the UK are looking for good quality pictures of A7s abroad and ideally with their history going back to when they were imported. This is for a display of A7s abroad to be held in 2022 to celebrate the Centenary of A7s when over 1000 of them will be present!!
The scope is the earliest A7s up to 1940 so includes the Ruby, Big Sevens and any Specials from that time. It does not include other Austins such as the 16.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd December 2021 at 21:22. Reason: Removing e-mail address.
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:51   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Mayne View Post
Sid ... Maybe you can help me:
Hello Nick, while I do hope Sid responds to your query, but it looks like he is not active at this time. His profile shows he last logged in more than a year back - June 2020.
Old 2nd December 2021, 23:42   #35

Thank you Condor. If you are in contact with any other A7 owners please give them my request. Good luck with your restoration. My 1932 van took 5 years!!
Attached Thumbnails
My '32 Austin 7-p1030203.jpg  

Nick Mayne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 16:09   #36

Hello from England! How are you getting on with your restoration? Can you send me a picture of the work so far and a short history as far back as you know it? I am collecting pictures and information of Austin 7s abroad to show at the Centenary Rally in the uk in July but need material soon. This will be a unique rally with over 1000 Austin 7s present. It does not matter if the car is not finished. Could you reply to may direct email nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk
Note that a picture needs to be high resolution at least 1Mb.
If I can help you with anything please ask. I have rebuilt a 1932 A7 Van and a 1936 Morris 8 2-seater.
Best regards and good luck, Nick Mayne (Member of the Cambridge Austin 7 Club)

Sid this is not an Austin 7 so must be some other model
Nick (UK)

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st April 2022 at 17:13. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks