Team-BHP - 1947 Jaguar 1.5 Ex Kurundwad Jr.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   1947 Jaguar 1.5 Ex Kurundwad Jr. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/52192-1947-jaguar-1-5-ex-kurundwad-jr-3.html)

Any updates on the car? Restoration, or perhaps a new owner? It's been over 6 years since the last post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automaton (Post 4104212)
Any updates on the car? Restoration, or perhaps a new owner? It's been over 6 years since the last post.

No update on this, still the same

@wasif, I am a silent visitor of Team BHP especially the Pre-War pages contained herein. I am a Jaguar 1.5L owner. My family has owned the car since new. I just wanted to say that with the exception of a few parts, everything for this car is available either NOS or re-manufactured to very high standards. It is just a mater of money. Parts are expensive and getting them delivered to India means there is the additional shipping and customs duty to think about.

You mentioned missing tools and gauges. All tools are available. Gauges are harder to find but not impossible. For my car I got all the tools except the crank handle and the jack as they were present in the car. In the instrument department I have got a new working clock. If you need headlights, they are re-manufactured in the UK to original specs. I am in communication with a supplier to get a set of reflectors for my car's P-80 lights.

Hoping that you will find the time to save one of these very rare cars from being lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msabbasi (Post 4119627)
@wasif, I am a silent visitor of Team BHP especially the Pre-War pages contained herein. I am a Jaguar 1.5L owner. My family has owned the car since new. I just wanted to say that with the exception of a few parts, everything for this car is available either NOS or re-manufactured to very high standards. It is just a mater of money. Parts are expensive and getting them delivered to India means there is the additional shipping and customs duty to think about.

You mentioned missing tools and gauges. All tools are available. Gauges are harder to find but not impossible. For my car I got all the tools except the crank handle and the jack as they were present in the car. In the instrument department I have got a new working clock. If you need headlights, they are re-manufactured in the UK to original specs. I am in communication with a supplier to get a set of reflectors for my car's P-80 lights.

Hoping that you will find the time to save one of these very rare cars from being lost.

Thanks for the advise, I am aware their is a good market for spares / replacements and once I really get going on this car we will definitely have to import stuff.

Fortunately the headlights are fine, big huge Lucas P80 lamps with unusual yellow lenses by Corning, have kept them safe

Most welcome. If your headlights are good, that is a huge saving in restoration costs. Speaking of costs, I just replaced the chrome spinners on my car as the original ones were misshapen due to years of mistreating them. A set cost GBP 350/-!! A point to note is that this 1.5L car has unique spinners. These are size 42 and VERY hard to find. All other Jaguars use size 52 spinners. It took me a year to track down a set. The re-manufactured ones have different engravings on them as can be seen in the picture below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by msabbasi (Post 4131957)
Speaking of costs, I just replaced the chrome spinners on my car as the original ones were misshapen due to years of mistreating them. ............... It took me a year to track down a set. .....

Appreciate your commitment to wonderful car, the 1948 Jaguar 1-1/2 Liter.

1947 Jaguar 1.5 Ex Kurundwad Jr.-father-jaguar.jpg

1947 Jaguar 1.5 Ex Kurundwad Jr.-front8.jpg

regards

KPS

@KPS Thank you for sharing pictures of my car here.

The gentleman standing next to the car is my late father. Picture was taken sometime in the late 1980's by my sister. The second picture is taken by yours truly in July 2012 after the was refurbished and put back on the road. The red number plate is a Bahawalpur State plate. The black plate is its number issued by the Excise ans Taxation department.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2115092)
Malq, this is very touchy point :Shockked: with all us vintage lovers in India. We do not want to loose any more cars from India. I am sure even Wasif will appreciate the vintage fraternity desire to retain all the vintage and classic cars in India.
Cheers
KPS

Glad you brought this up. It is indeed a sore point with vintage car lovers here. Many of us remember with nostalgia the examples we were familiar with from our growing-up years (even tho' we did not own any cars then!) & how miserable we felt when, one fine day, they would disappear - slowly, one after another.