Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 17:18   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1929 Austin 7 Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Mayne View Post
Indroit are you able to get me a high resolution photograph (eg 1Mb) of this car and its history as far back as possible? I am compiling information of Austin 7s abroad for the UK centenary celebrations in July but need material soon. Could you please answer using my direct email nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk so a high res picture arrived ok? Appreciate your help, Nick Mayne (Member of Cambridge Austin Seven Club UK)
I have sent him a message, hope he will get it in time and get back to you. By the way can you please send some more details about the centenary celebrations in the UK? Though I don't have an Austin 7, but I would like to attend the celebration if it is allowed.
Old 2nd April 2022, 01:01   #17

The problem is that all the tickets have been sold. The event is at the Fire Service Training College and they have a limit on numbers. Personally, and this is the view of others, I think the main club should have arranged this at, for example, Beaulieu where there would have been more room. The rally now will be attended mostly by people who already have Austin 7s and the general public cannot arrive on the day and buy tickets at the gate. Even my son who lives nearby cannot attend!! This means new members are not being attracted which is not good. You could try emailing the following to ask if there are any tickets saved for people like you ie.prepared to go to the trouble to come from abroad. I am a mere helper and not generally known to big bosses so I have no influence!
Most years there is an Austin 7 rally at Beaulieu but this will probably be smaller this year so maybe next year??
Best regards, Nick Mayne
Old 12th April 2022, 23:06   #18

Sorry I missed off the email which is: info@a7centenary.com but do say you would be coming from abroad. If you do you would need a car because of the location and accommodation will now be very difficult as the facility accommodation is all booked and many hotels and small accommodations will also be booked.
It would be good if your friend sent me a couple of High Resolution pictures o0f his car and some notes on its history, Best regards, Nick Mayne

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th April 2022 at 23:21. Reason: Typo
Old 28th March 2023, 19:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

What appears to be an early Austin Seven tourer. Does it survive?

1929 Austin 7 Restoration-01.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks