Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 00:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well thanks again folks for being with me, It's been a driving force for me to come home quickly from office to check on the new updates.

Welcome Wasif. Thanks for your comment I will surely meet the guy you advised. Thanks again Attari, yes I understand sometime we don't foresee what we have lost for what we have got.

I remember a jeep of a of a guy who is famous amongst the jeeper community here. Once I dropped in at his garage saw a CJ3A looking amazing however with gypsy discs, I was permitted by his watchman to sit inside and feel trust me that was a moment to mesmerise. It was a high to low converted with ISUZU engine with all the goodies of an original CJ3A, It moves like any other new gen automobile.

Not to offend any ones feelings for original/originality I am not looking for an all original jeep as I am not going to either take part in any kind of rally or willing to keep it as an monument. I am thinking of a Jeep which could be enjoyed often without any hesitation of either wear and tear or unable to up keep . Yes agreed that "Original is Original" however its difficult situation you are into having a object of desire which you cannot use for practical purposes (atleast for me).

I welcome all to share/add their opinions/views.

May be I am moving to a race of mixed culture desiring of having both (originality and at the same time practical usage). It was my opinion sorry if I am contradicting/hurt anyones feeling.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wasif bhai things have changed a lot here, Original is no more. If there is any trust me it then life becomes more harder. A friend of mine is restoring his CJ3 B for which he is paying exorbident prices for the accessories which came with the jeep when used in army. (blackout lamp, meter console, the box which sits on the front mudgaurd) I have seen people paying more than what it would cost for an original but cant help as they say "original kahan mitla saab".

We are looking for Shovel, axe for another Willys jeep in our group. Seeking help from fellow TBhpians for any lead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks