Team-BHP - 1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Pre-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/)
-   -   1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-war/71473-1932-plymouth-pb-seven-passenger-delux-sedan-10.html)

The car is getting ready for the Rally on the 29th. Today all the minor work will be finished.

Here are some pictures after this mornings drive after fueling up for the rally

Note the original MC/P which has been hand painted. The Ray Pilot Lamp works well
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-pb-april28.jpg

Tomorrow we will be fitting the luggage box
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-pb-april281.jpg

The winged goddess will accompany us tomorrow
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-pb-april282.jpg
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-pb-april284.jpg

The mirrors on the wheel have to placed differently so that it does not hinder the cowl lights.
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-pb-april283.jpg

More pictures tomorrow

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2760564)
The car is getting ready for the Rally on the 29th. Today all the minor work will be finished.

Here are some pictures after this mornings drive after fueling up for the rally

Note the original MC/P which has been hand painted.

Lovely! BTW, is it ok to display the MC/P number? Even if you're going for the rally?
Also pardon my ignorance but what does the CDN plate stand for?

Quote:

The car is getting ready for the Rally on the 29th. Today all the minor work will be finished........More pictures tomorrow Cheers KPS

Very nice, lots of chrome, tastefully put, not over done at all. This is a good example where to limit the chrome before the bling starts.
But I still would have kept that tow bar and petrol can:D.
I would keep a special eye on the winged Goddess, take her off as soon as the drive is over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2760624)
Lovely! BTW, is it ok to display the MC/P number? Even if you're going for the rally?
Also pardon my ignorance but what does the CDN plate stand for?

Putting the MCP no for an event should be OK, see how fake plates were put on cars in the movie Gandhi, and many others:). Maybe the current plate should also be present.

CDN = Canada. I would not put that here.

Cheers harit

Quote:

The Ray Pilot Lamp works well

More pictures tomorrow

Cheers

KPS

Love the swiveling lamp in action. And car makers advertise their new fancy stuff with all sorts of captions saying that they're advanced lamps to see around corners for safety blah blah blah as if it's a new invention.

mbz180

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2760624)

Thanks Stanher. The MC/P xxx is only for the Rally. The MYY xxx is painted at the back and hence when the rally is over we will just turn around the number plate. I felt that it was important to high light to people that such numbers did exist before the Motor Vehicle Act came in 1939. I must thank Harit for educating me on the significance MC/P No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2760638)
Very nice, lots of chrome, tastefully put, not over done at all. This is a good example where to limit the chrome before the bling starts.
Quote:

Thanks Harit.
But I still would have kept that tow bar and petrol can:D.

Quote:

Mr. Sripathy will be there for any problems. He rarely comes for such rallies but the Plymouth's pull was too much even for him to resist.
I would keep a special eye on the winged Goddess, take her off as soon as the drive is over.
Quote:

Yes we have to be extra careful
Putting the MCP no for an event should be OK, see how fake plates were put on cars in the movie Gandhi, and many others:). Maybe the current plate should also be present.
Quote:

The back has the MYY xxx number. In the front it is fine for the shows. As stated earlier the MYY xxx can be put back in place by removing a few screws and turning around the number plate
CDN = Canada. I would not put that here.
Quote:

Since my sister is in Canada, my father is a little sentimental of the CDN plate which he had kept for many years waiting to fit in one of the cars.
Cheers harit

Cheers

KPS

the car turned out nice. i would place those sidemount mirrors correctly, standing straight on the tyre, before they become a casualty of a passing two wheeler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2760638)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2760694)
Thanks Stanher. The MC/P xxx is only for the Rally. The MYY xxx is painted at the back and hence when the rally is over we will just turn around the number plate. I felt that it was important to high light to people that such numbers did exist before the Motor Vehicle Act came in 1939. I must thank Harit for educating me on the significance MC/P No.

That sounds like a good idea! 'wish I too could find a convenient way of displaying plates with the former 'CAN' regn. number of my Herald for rallies! Or even the very first 'APF' one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2719717)
Correct, but how did that term come about? Many cars like Ford A, Mercedes 170 and many many others had the fuel tank mounted below the bonnet at the cowl. In cases of accident it was to prevent burning fuel from reaching the passenger compartment. Today's cars ofcourse have the fuel tank elsewhere:), but the term stuck.

Cheers harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinand (Post 2719758)
Hi Sirs,

Also very glad to know that the term "firewall" that is used so often nowadays has its origin from cars and not calculators or typewriters!

Srinand.

With due apologies to KPS one OT Post here

The term “Firewall” originated much earlier than the automobiles. It originated from “steam locomotives”. A look at the picture below will give a better idea. There is fire in the Fire Box and the wall was there to give protection to the operators who were standing behind the fire box in the cabin.

Then from there it evolved as Harit explained in relation to automobiles

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

I will let the pictures do the talking

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0169.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0170.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0171.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0172.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0173.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0175.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0176.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0177.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0178.jpg

My dad, Prithvi Ganapathy on the right and Mr. Sripathy on the left stand proudly after the run

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0179.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Looks just superb, how did it run ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 2761563)
Looks just superb, how did it run ?

She ran very well. No problems at all. The engine is in great shape.

Here is picture with me included. Especially for you Wasif :uncontrol

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-img_0186.jpg

Cheers

Thanks for posting, whenever I see frontal views of this car I mentally picture how it would look in black......totally a gangster getaway car with that short windscreen !

On Sunday we did a 40 km drive to Vivanta by Taj, ITPL. ITPL, Whitefield contributed largely to the Tech Boom in Bangalore.

At Taj with ITPL in the back ground
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dscn0025.jpg

The Plymouth also experienced its first major shower as we were reaching home
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dscn0028.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2849029)
The Plymouth also experienced its first major shower as we were reaching home
Cheers KPS

Good to see your car so active, being used. What was the effect of the shower? Any leakages? Did you get a set of rubbers from USA for the car?

Cheers harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2852977)
Good to see your car so active, being used. What was the effect of the shower? Any leakages? Did you get a set of rubbers from USA for the car?
Cheers harit

Fortunately the shower was a short but sharp shower. We did not notice any significant leakages. The car design is such that there are hardly any rubber beadings. The door has a metal water channel which ensures water does not come in. The front windshield which was fabricated locally just about does its job. In the long run, we will have to replace this, though. We did not import any rubber for the car.

Cheers

KPS