Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 19:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I am very happy to inform you that the Plymouth has come home after a 14 months restoration. Following are the snaps as the car came home. I will post detailed pictures over the weekend.

The Plymouth
Attachment 319545

The Car
Attachment 319542

Attachment 319543

Attachment 319544
Congrats KPS she is indeed a gem.

BTW I think the front springs need some useage to settle to their normal height as the car in front appears to be a bit higher than usual
Old 1st April 2010, 23:58   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post

BTW I think the front springs need some useage to settle to their normal height as the car in front appears to be a bit higher than usual

Congrats MR. Prithvi, the outcome is neat.

The fittings need a bit of rework, they slightly look out of sync. But overall, you must be a happy man the day the car came home.

Congratulations once again.
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the restoration. The car has at last come out well. This should be a learning for all those who had things to say about the restorer and his reputation !
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:57   #79
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Congrats KPS and to the Team to restored the car.

Just one doubt.. It being such an old car and so well restored now, how well is the mechanicals? I mean how many kms can you drive it on a single go?
Normally with these cars mechanically nothing much goes wrong. You have problems with the electricals like condensor, dyno etc. We have put a new distributor cap, condensor overhaulled the Dyno hence we should not have much problems. Other problem is that these cars tend to over heat in the stop start traffic. On the highway, these cars are relatively trouble free except that the fuel tank must be rust free. Remember the brakes determine the speed not the accelerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post

This car has not been used for more than 40 years. We will run in the car and after we have run about 300 miles we shall rework and reset what ever may be required.

Thanks all.

Cheers

KPS
Old 12th April 2010, 14:06   #80
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi All,

I am sorry not to have updated the pictures of the car post restoration. We seem to have problem with the brakes and the master cylinder has to be replaced. Gladly the car is parked in our garage at home and we get the see it daily. It was heartening to see that car was a perfect fit in the garage with 4 inches to spare! If the car had not fitted in our garage we would have had a big problem on hand!

The car should be back on the road soon. I will surely do a series once I am able to get the car out in the sun.

In the mean time here are two shots in our garage at home in Bangalore.

Cheers

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-ply-front.jpg

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-ply-side.jpg
KPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 00:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am sorry not to have updated the pictures of the car post restoration. We seem to have problem with the brakes and the master cylinder has to be replaced. Gladly the car is parked in our garage at home and we get the see it daily. It was heartening to see that car was a perfect fit in the garage with 4 inches to spare! If the car had not fitted in our garage we would have had a big problem on hand!

Cheers
4" from which side?

Please post a sideview picture and also the rear when possible.

Cheers harit
Old 19th April 2010, 10:09   #82
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Congrats KPS. Car looks lovely. Once you sort out the brake issue it will be a joy to drive around town. Wishing you fun times ahead
Old 19th April 2010, 10:49   #83
BHPian

Congratulations !!

Hello KPS !!

The vehicle has gone through a tremendous tranformation. Its beauty shows the amount of hardwork put into restoring it back to its old Glory.

regards
Old 20th April 2010, 12:02   #84
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Congrats KPS. Car looks lovely. Once you sort out the brake issue it will be a joy to drive around town. Wishing you fun times ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Hello KPS !!

The vehicle has gone through a tremendous tranformation. Its beauty shows the amount of hardwork put into restoring it back to its old Glory.

regards
Thank you very much.
Old 8th May 2010, 07:16   #85
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Secretary of POC

This note from the Member Secretary of Plymouth Owners Club (POC) was very exciting.

Cheers

KPS

"The PB 7-passenger is a very rare car. Your car is one of 3 PB 7-passengers that I know of that still exist. The other two 7-passengers are both here in the USA.

I would like to ask you to send me the manufacturers identifcation numbers from the car so I can add it to the list of known existing cars. I need the serial number (found on the metal tag riveted on the door post of the right front door), the engine number (from the left front corner of the engine block, located directly above the generator -- it will start with the letters "PB" and the body number, which is found on the plate on the firewall near the coil."

Jim Benjaminson, Membership Secretary
Plymouth Owners Club, Inc.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

The car should be back on the road soon. I will surely do a series once I am able to get the car out in the sun.

Cheers

Attachment 327601

Attachment 327602

Did this car originally come with Hydraulic brakes or did it come with mechanical brakes ?
Old 8th May 2010, 17:21   #87
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Did this car originally come with Hydraulic brakes or did it come with mechanical brakes ?
The car came with hydraulic brakes originally. Americans had a preference for Hydraulic breaks.
Old 8th May 2010, 20:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car came with hydraulic brakes originally. Americans had a preference for Hydraulic breaks.
Well i most american cars of this time came with mechanical brakes. A 1933 Chevrolet which DKG is restoring has got mechanical brakes. A Ford model A which is under restoration in a garage has got mechanical brakes. So i am quite surprised that another car of around the same time came with hydraulic brakes.
Old 8th May 2010, 21:13   #89
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well i most american cars of this time came with mechanical brakes. A 1933 Chevrolet which DKG is restoring has got mechanical brakes. A Ford model A which is under restoration in a garage has got mechanical brakes. So i am quite surprised that another car of around the same time came with hydraulic brakes.
If you see my very first post when I introduced this car to the Forum, I had written

The unique features of this car are

1. Rare Plymouth PB, Seven Passenger Delux Sedan, only 2179 units built
2. Last of the 4 cylinder engines for many years, as from the year 1933 6 cylinder engines were introduced.
3. Free Wheeling
4. Updraft Carter carburetor
5. Vacuum assisted clutch
6. Vacuum driven wiper
7. All Hydraulic brakes with centrifuse
8. Light switches mounted on steering wheel
9. Rigid “X” Frame
10.Oil Filters are standard

Cheers

KPS
Old 8th May 2010, 21:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you see my very first post when I introduced this car to the Forum, I had written

The unique features of this car are

1. Rare Plymouth PB, Seven Passenger Delux Sedan, only 2179 units built
2. Last of the 4 cylinder engines for many years, as from the year 1933 6 cylinder engines were introduced.
3. Free Wheeling
4. Updraft Carter carburetor
5. Vacuum assisted clutch
6. Vacuum driven wiper
7. All Hydraulic brakes with centrifuse
8. Light switches mounted on steering wheel
9. Rigid “X” Frame
10.Oil Filters are standard

Cheers

KPS

Ok thank you for shareing this info again.

Most Viewed