Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 11:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi KPS,

That is a very nice car you have got. You should do it up with whoever you feel comfortable with and where you have some hold. I hope that you will be able to retain as much originality as possible, e.g. if there was a wooden frame please keep it that way and no metal frame should be put. Please take your time, do not rush the job for a rally deadline!!
May I suggest that you keep the accessories like the can and trailer hook put by the previous owner? These are accessories put long ago, they have a charm of their own.
I wonder why Plymouths are now quite rare, many came to India. I have a few in my old photos collection. A very nice car with good potential. Please show some pictures taken during restoration.

Cheers harit
Old 14th December 2009, 13:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians
After much trial and error hopefully I have cracked it this time. I have attached a word document and photos which hopefully you will enjoy
Cheers KPS
Hi KPS, and welcome aboard. You certainly seem to have something very special, all the more being a 7 seater and so well preserved. Thank you for sharing all the details.

Is the original RC book present? If so, can you confirm whether this MYY series is original to 1933? If not, what was the original series like?

Your profile says you have a 48 Chrysler too, do share some details on that car as well.

Incidentally I recently saw a restored Plymouth 4 door Tourer in Pune, a large car, appeared of similar vintage to yours. Green with black fenders, are you aware of it?
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 08:13   #18
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

HI,

We have the RC Book for this car and it feels good to own a vintage car with an original Karnataka registration in Bangalore! The RC book shows 1933 as we believe the car reached Indian shores in early 1933. This car has been in Bellary, Karanataka through out. The car was orginally registered with a MYL registration as Bellary was part of the Madras Presidency. This was re-registered to MYY in 1958 when Bellary was merged with Karnataka.

The tyres we have obtained through Dr. Ravi Prakash and are brand new with white walls.

Cheers
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 19:31   #19
BANNED

Hi sir,

5 more days for the KVCC rally, have you entered your car for participation?

Any present updates? we look forward for some pics.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:51   #20
BHPian

Hello KPS ,

Congratulations on a nice car , please restore it to your satisfaction & pleasure. Suggest do not get pressurised by deadlines and shows.

Regards
Old 16th December 2009, 09:07   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello KPS ,

Congratulations on a nice car , please restore it to your satisfaction & pleasure. Suggest do not get pressurised by deadlines and shows.

Regards
With a person like Sreepathy restoring your car, one definitely needs to have deadlines, else this lovely car will see the fate of other beauties going to dust there.

I hope KPS keeps the pressure up and gets his car out of that place ASAP.

I had a chance to see that car couple of days ago, paint is complete, if at all mechanicals are looked into, 4 days this car can be brought to running condition, hope it does.

All the best.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
With a person like Sreepathy restoring your car, one definitely needs to have deadlines, else this lovely car will see the fate of other beauties going to dust there.

I hope KPS keeps the pressure up and gets his car out of that place ASAP.

I had a chance to see that car couple of days ago, paint is complete, if at all mechanicals are looked into, 4 days this car can be brought to running condition, hope it does.

All the best.

Why don't you leave the restoring and the time frame to the owner of the car. As he has mentioned lets talk about hte car and not the garage where it is being worked on.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats KPS on a nice find, I am in love with the car. Why not you upload some photos of the car in restoration for us to enjoy. 20th is too far a date to keep waiting .
Old 17th December 2009, 08:05   #24
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the support and views on this project. I am attaching some of the photos of the car under restoration. We will be ready by 20th.

Happy viewing

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-firewall.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-open-eng.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-ply.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-front-1.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-rear-side.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-dash-new.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-engine-l.jpg  

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-engine-r.jpg  

KPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2009, 09:11   #25
BANNED

Fantastic, the cars looking nice.

Congratulations KPS for this fast paced outcome.

Hope to see more soon.
Old 17th December 2009, 09:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great job Sir. Car looks fantastic.

What kind of a carb does it have. There are a few pipes coming off of it that i am curious about. Is that air cleaner an original fitment ?

Its nice to see a car that is so original being done up. The dash looks neat. Are the gauges all working.

The one concern I wanted to mention was the area of the grille around teh radiator neck looks kind of unfinished. Is this how it was or has the diameter of teh original opening been increased to accomodate a different style of radiator neck ?

Would you care to mention what other ars are currently there at that garage.
Old 17th December 2009, 10:35   #27
BHPian

Hey KPS, congratulations, I see that its coming up beautifully. Look forward to seeing it on the road soon, and with the kind of pace with which things are happening and the drive you have, am sure we are just days away from it.

Btw, is the dash original or did you get one carved out newly? Hope the guages are all working. And did it come with a temperature guage as well? And like wasif also pointed out, the cutout on top of the grill looks little odd. It may be a good idea to atleast make that opening even all round, if possible..

Anyways, good luck and look forward to more soon.. Any other interesting car in his workshop currently?

Cheers,
Avinash
Old 17th December 2009, 11:06   #28
BHPian

KPS, nice work, just beautiful........

Dash look dashing hope all the meters work.

Btw, paint the wheel rims same as bumper colour, will look beautiful. Tie all the wires as much as possible, does it have Carter carburetor ?

I know it is easy to write comments, can understand the pain you went through during the course of restoration.

This info may help a little 1932 Plymouth Model PB Detailed Specifications
THE CARBURETOR SHOP / Carburetors for sale by application

All the best for the drive and the rally.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

I found something very interesting over this site

http://www.plymouthbulletin.com/guides/1928_1939.pdf

PLYMOUTH OWNERS CLUB JUDGING GUIDE.

And Wasif / KPS is this how the radiator should look

1932 Plymouth PB Seven Passenger Delux Sedan-hood.jpg
Old 17th December 2009, 22:06   #30
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes we having the Flying Goddess radatior cap. This was missing and we had to import the same. Yes Manish, we have the same type as in your post. Thanks for your interest. WE will set this gap right.

All the meters are there and were complete, hence the restoration and overhaul was easy. The Dash is original, metal with wood finish paint. We have made no modifcations on the dash. Yes there is a temp gauge.

The carb is a Carter as rightly posted earlier. This is unique in that this is an Updraft Carb. The airfilter is a came in the car, see the orginal photos. The tubes which one sees near the carb are vacuum pipes. The clutch is vacuum assisted. The wipers are also vacuum driven. One pipe goes to the clutch and another goes to the wiper.

Yes we have the copy of the Judging guide as posted by Manish. The Plymouth Club is very active in the US.

Thanks to all for your interest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks