Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 15:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Do not clean motorcycle chain with bike running in 1st gear and on the main stand

Hope the graft is successful and you regain full use of the fingers. May require physiotherapy initially. A friend of mine is an orthopedic surgeon and he says such incidents are not uncommon. This should serve as lesson to others who might have been doing the same. Thanks for sharing.
dr_anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 15:38   #32
BHPian

Re: Do not clean motorcycle chain with bike running in 1st gear and on the main stand

That must have been excruciating.. Get well soon buddy..!!
arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 15:40   #33
BHPian

So sorry to hear that ironhead, you were just plain unlucky here. Thank you for enlightening everyone here about this incident. If it is happening to many according to the doctors, hope people read this thread and don't repeat the mistake.

Wish you a speedy recovery...
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 15:51   #34
BANNED

I am sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. I hope you recover functionally and cosmetically.

Thank you for taking the time to post and save others from a similar fate in a time of great pain.

--Rahul
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 18:46   #35
BHPian

Sorry to hear about this accident iron.head. I am glad you had quick access to the medical experts. At first glance the idea seems safe enough. One don't expect the chain to snag our fingers at such a low RPM. I wish you a complete recovery.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 07:04   #36
BHPian

Recover fast iron.head. It says a lot about you that you posted in this forum so that others could get something positive from your terrible experience.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 09:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Get well soon Iron Head. When i bought my ninja i was browsing youtube to see how one cleans and lubes the chain and one such video was a similar incident, very graphic and painful to watch.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 10:00   #38
BHPian

Re: DO NOT clean motorcycle chain with bike running in 1st gear and on the main stand

@ iron head : Get well soon buddy.
Regards Adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 10:32   #39
BHPian

Re: DO NOT clean motorcycle chain with bike running in 1st gear and on the main stand

Sorry to hear about the incident iron.head. Wish you a super-fast recovery. May you get all the strength to fight it out and get back revving soon.
Driving_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 10:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

@Iron head, its very unfortunate and hope to see you recover soon. Thanks for posting this thread as it will benefit many others trying this approach.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 13:28   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

OUCH!!

***!!! Why the need to keep the engine running in first gear?
Back in days when I kept bikes chain cleaning was done in neutral with the other hand spinning the wheel slowly.

(mods sorry but I think this is appropriate expression here)
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 13:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you recover soon.

Thank you for sharing the incident. I am glad that I watched you tube videos on how to clean the chain before cleaning the chain.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 13:51   #43
Team-BHP Support

That is painful. Wish you a speedy recovery and thanks for putting this thread up. It will help saving a lot of people from the trauma that you have faced.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 21:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Wishing you a full and quick recovery.
But
some people are saying this is unlucky and unfortunate. My take is that other times consider yourself lucky and fortunate.

Have seen one too many accidents involving v belts/ pulleys. And the most gruesome involving rollers.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 21:38   #45
BHPian

Damn.... That would have been very painful.
During my biking days, I used to do it the manual way, cloth in one hand and moving the tire with the other hand. Used to take more time but was more safe.

Take Care and get well soon !!
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks