Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 14:13   #31
BHPian

Re: While Overtaking a Bigger Vehicle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
So, I decided to teach him a lesson
what did you try to teach?
Did he learn?
was it worth it?
Vysakh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 14:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Dear all,

Just wanted to share my (bad) experience on the beloved forum so that others do not repeat and will be careful next time onwards.
Reminds me of the time I overtook a Range Rover on my bike and had an head-on collision with a guy who came out of nowhere from a narrow street. Car was tall, it was night time, biker on the other side thought that car was slow enough to be dodged, only to hit me head on.

No amount of experience can prepare us for such situation, fortunately we both didn't have any major injuries and neither of us spoke even a word as we didn't know had what happened!

I could figure out what happened only after reaching home.
Old 9th September 2019, 14:31   #33
BHPian

Wish you a speedy recovery flyingkolors. I have recently got back to biking after a hiatus of 10 years and still ride very cautiously. The situation you have described is very common on my daily commute to office with stretches completely grid locked on one side and empty on the others. I have to admit I have also ridden on the right side of these grid locked vehicles but i do always ensure that I maintain a low speed and do not try and zoom past these vehicles. Wish you a speedy recovery and many more happy riding miles! Cheers buddy!
Old 12th September 2019, 22:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
It is always safer to yield to vehicles overtaking you rather than slow them down unnecessarily. If he's willing to drive on bad patches, let him. Just move out of his way safely.
Yes, I mostly allow vehicles to overtake me if I'm driving slower. But the situation on that day was different. I had to slow down because of those deep potholes. The centre of the road had potholes of lesser depth, therefore I opted to drive through the centre. I did not have any intention of blocking him, but if I had taken the left lane, I would have hit my vehicle in those potholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
It seems you are not a regular commuter to work on bike.
Yes, I'm not. I always drive cars only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
what did you try to teach?
Did he learn?
was it worth it?
I don't know whether he learnt or not, but I'll be happy if he realizes it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks