Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2014, 06:02   #16

Re: Teaching the Wife to Ride a Scooter

Does anyone know of an instructor who can teach scooter driving for my wife (we live in konanakunte cross, kanakapura road). Sort of urgent.

thanks

vp
Old 12th September 2017, 20:07   #17
BHPian

Nice Thread.

My wife had ridden bicycle in her early years. So she had the balance and I tried teaching her taming the bull(RE TBTS 350). The low seat height combined with weight of bike and relatively slow pickup helped the cause. She had her initial shares of stalling the bike but learned quick. Whenever I took back seat, people used to turn back and notice a girl riding the Royal Enfield.

With the bike in my hometown now, she has an Yamaha alfa for daily commute in Bengaluru. Teaching her 4 wheeler now. She is a good learner but makes too many mental calculations prior to performing an action. I take her out post 11 PM on relatively empty stretches to calm the nerves. Hopefully she will be lending a hand in near future during our long drives.
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 06:16   #18
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations in Bangalore for a lady two wheeler instructor who can help a young lady learn to ride a scooterette/scooter ?
Old 9th July 2023, 13:34   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbs_bak View Post
Does anyone know of an instructor who can teach scooter driving for my wife (we live in konanakunte cross, kanakapura road). Sort of urgent.
Did you find someone? Anyone you'd recommend?
Old 9th July 2023, 15:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any recommendations in Bangalore for a lady two wheeler instructor who can help a young lady learn to ride a scooterette/scooter ?
Check this out
https://www.instagram.com/shilpa_two_wheeler_driving_/
Not very far.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 23:43   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have come across this when I bought my wife a Honda Activa 110 in August 2014.

I bit the bullet and trained her myself. After my night shift, I used to come home, have a coffee from & with her and take her out on her new Activa from Avadi to Ambattur OT (some 5 kms one way) and back, some 3 round trips.

I strongly believed that only earning money and getting wife a two wheeler and leaving it to her accountability is not what a responsible husband is supposed to do. I was very particular there.

I took the risk and had a couple of close shaves when once she twisted the throttle (by mistake) while getting down with engine on, somehow I incorporated my self defense skill, braked the scooter and saved my face ��...

One more instance was when she managed taking the vehicle over a bump made of some chamber closing on the road.

Both instances were learnt lesson for her. I don't remember any other instance of her messing up the ride with me as pillion, by God's grace.

Today I am proud to say she is one of the countable responsible riders on the road. She carries my two daughters to school, classes and everywhere on need and on top, she loves riding her bike a lot. She has clocked around 49k kms till date in past 9.5 years.

Last edited by Kum_CarFreak : 14th April 2024 at 23:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks