Team-BHP - Woman on Scooty cheats death! Accident caught on CCTV
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Woman on Scooty cheats death! Accident caught on CCTV (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/133254-woman-scooty-cheats-death-accident-caught-cctv-2.html)

Its funny how she gets up and runs for her scooty, and the traffic police following her. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3055413)
BTW, I feel the truck driver may have been beaten up anyway for not having sixth sense.

It'll be interesting to know that truck driver's statement. Don't know if he had managed to flee though. Nagpur members can possibly throw light here.

Oh man, what was that lady thinking when she thought of cutting in-front of the car, she is riding in her backyard !!!!
I hope that lady got to see this video .

What a miraculous escape. But look at her "Never Die Spirit" to chase the truck. I wish, if she learn a lesson from her mistake.

By the way I have come across many such instances in signals..

Simply stupid on part of the lady for simply not caring about the traffic, she lives to tell the tale and commit the stupid mistake again :Frustrati

Wonder how on earth such idiots gets driving licenses.

It's the lady's fault but at the same time even the truck driver was at fault as he was on the extreme right of the road and kept going straight! Seemed like the driver did not notice this lady as she was too close to the truck. Poor guys get beaten up due to no fault of theirs.

It's the two wheeler rider who needs to be cautious of his surroundings and ride safe as he is not protected by any source apart from a helmet provided he wears one.

She's one really lucky lady! It was funny how she got up without even a scratch and started running behind that truck again after such freak accident. Such accidents are inevitable if such morons are given driving license.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3055342)
Completely her fault, she just cut across the truck driver from his left. She was below his line of sight so he probably didn;t even see her. I'm sure the poor truck driver got beaten up after that for no fault of his.

Absolutely!! And this not a very uncommon sight either. :Frustrati

She probably wanted to take a Right turn or a 'U' turn and immediately swerved to the right without noticing the truck to her right.

This video should be played to all motorcycle folks who cut across lanes like crazzy. After all not every would get as lucky as this female!

Oh damn! Saved by a whisker! So sad that many people don't realize that huge trucks don't and can't stop at a moment's notice, and scooty's top speed is not in triple digits. I hope the lady gets atleast some fine or so, to teach lessons to such people.

Easily could have been a ghastly sight, with newspapers screaming "Lady becomes victim to mindless truckers - Truck crushes lady and her scooty."

On sidenote, TVS now can make an ad compaign out of this: True love that sacrifices itself for you! Buy a new scooty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 3055575)
Absolutely!! And this not a very uncommon sight either. :Frustrati

She probably wanted to take a Right turn or a 'U' turn and immediately swerved to the right without noticing the truck to her right.

This video should be played to all motorcycle folks who cut across lanes like crazzy. After all not every would get as lucky as this female!

It looks like there is a small road cutting across the main road and she was blindly following the other vehicles without noticing the truck approaching. IMO if it was a junction the truck driver also should have slowed down (or may be he had)

I hope the lady also bought a lottery ticket that day. This has to be her luckiest day ever!

When I saw the lady running behind the truck, my immediate thoughts were if a small child was riding pillion, but after watching it repeatedly, thanked God there was no one else.

She may have assumed the truck would also turn right from that lane.

Hope this video serves as a lesson to those countless bikers who rely on rest of the world to keep them safe.

I saw this on NDTV (English) yesterday night. The female anchor was talking about 'how this shocking video shows the miraculous escape of this woman after a speeding lorry mowed her down' :Frustrati

Totally the fault of the scooterist, she, like many other scooterist, had no road sense to look in the rear view mirror and indicate before turning! She just cut across the truck without giving the truck any chance to stop.

she must thank her stars!

moronic driver, wonder who her lucky angel was, he/she was surely working overtime. Thank god she didnt die, else the poor trucker would be in trouble for no fault of his. If we were a civilized country, this woman would held, tried for dangerous driving, lose her licence and would most likely spend a few years behind bars.

any updates from TBHPians in Nagpur about the fate of the truck-driver ?

From the video, it is clear that he is also partly to blame. He comes from the right-most lane to the left as he continues to go straight...so he should be all eyes on the left side of the vehicle, or , if he is not able to do that, then he should have slowed down the truck. He definitely cannot say that he didnt notice the 2-wheeler. He was moving too fast , given the fact that there is a median break for U-turn just there. And, there seem to be no signs of the truck braking immediately as soon as it hits the 2-wheeler. The truck keeps moving at the same speed ...what was the driver doing ?

I am not going to say anything about the road etiquette of the lady-scooter-driver, enough has already been said in this thread about that.