Team-BHP - Woman on Scooty cheats death! Accident caught on CCTV
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Woman on Scooty cheats death! Accident caught on CCTV (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/133254-woman-scooty-cheats-death-accident-caught-cctv-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3055364)
Her scooter actually saved her from being crushed.

An the whole 9-yards probably did a good job of preventing some road-rash!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3055423)
If seen closely, the truck driver is also at fault. To proceed straight, he was in the right lane like many or almost all truck drivers these days.

Agreed. The truck driver should have taken a right from that lane!

However, the woman clearly doesn't have good control of her scooty. Look at the line she takes. Even if the truck was turning right, she would have still been in his way, due to her fault.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3056446)
However, the woman clearly doesn't have good control of her scooty. Look at the line she takes. Even if the truck was turning right, she would have still been in his way, due to her fault.

Exactly. This kind of cutting across other vehicles, even when the two lanes are turning right is too common elsewhere. Bad learning of how to drive or ride; or is it badly taught.

Nothing much is known about the incident, even the cops (P.S under whose jurisdiction the accident happened) are clueless. Don't think Poor trucker was punished by public as traffic cop was around ( though a useless commodity, but can be bought and sold easily).

There are plenty of people here in Bangalore (especially lady riders in scooters) who ride like this, taking every other vehicle behind them for granted.

I can cut you through because you're only a lorry. But, I'm a SCOOTY! :Frustrati

God save their souls.

The woman was at fault, yes. But what was the truck driver doing in the right lane at a signal crossing with space to his left? I think there was enough space.

All izz well that ends well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 3055449)
Its funny how she gets up and runs for her scooty, and the traffic police following her. :D

If her survival was astonishing, her recovery really took the cake. It looked like she just dusted herself and was running after the truck driver with a rolling pin.

But look at the truck driver too. He didn't seem to have even noticed anything was amiss. There must have been some sort of an impact. The truck doesn't even slow down. He must probably have been talking over his mobile or something!

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 3056633)
But look at the truck driver too. He didn't seem to have even noticed anything was amiss. There must have been some sort of an impact. The truck doesn't even slow down.

Its a truck - it creaks, rattles, shakes and feels like impact pretty much all the time. The truck drivers line of sight would mean that he is looking at least 10 to 20 feet ahead of his truck. Even if he had seen the scooty, he probably would have had a hard time stopping the truck. He is probably still at fault if he was in the wrong lane.

This woman has nerves of steel - to trust the brakes and reflexes of a truck driver that much is insane. Also trusting the bhp of her scooter to pull a fast one. Its not like she almost made it and was clipped in the tail, it was a bad idea to begin with, and she executed it. She should be interviewed on TV with a slow motion replay and have her explain what was going through her head.lol:

Missed death by a whisker !! The lady was crazy to cut across the huge truck. I can understand the truck driver not having vision about the scooty just below him, but what I fail to understand is that how did the lady miss the huge truck on her right? :Shockked: The truck also drives on as if nothing has happened; and the funny part is she still gets up and starts running after the truck! :D

Two wheeler at fault! This is very common as the two wheelers expect the vehicle behind to observe them and give them the right of the way.
Police should use this video to make the two wheelers aware that everytime you do not have an opportunity to get up and chase :Shockked:

The last roll the lady took was extremely important without which she would be driven over for sure.

The woman cheated death by whiskers but had the guts to get up and go for her scooty. Amazing. I doubt whether the lady would learn something from the incident and will be back to her usual unsafe ways of driving on the roads.

She was lucky there was no pillion rider otherwise the scene would have been totally different. :Frustrati

She gets up and runs to beat up the poor driver before he speeds off is what she does after being saved by a whisker. Runs pretty fast for someone in a sari! Women these days, I tell you. No sense of driving whatsoever.

In spite of the truck being on the right lane , the lady is stupid enough to take a turn like this .

The lady is quite lucky to have survived , instead of being crushed to death ,its hilarious to she her running after her bike .

100% 2 wheeler at fault. She cuts across the truck totally unaware that she's in a blind spot for the truck driver, has a miraculous/unbelievable escape, gets up and starts chasing the truck in a manner which suggests that the truck was at fault!!! What an idiot!

Those who suggest that truck was at fault for being in the right lane - Sorry, it's also very common to see markings on road which suggest that right lane can be used for going straight as well as turning right. Then there are also markings/cones placed to suggest that right lane is to be used for going right. Not sure I saw either one there - which basically don't assume.

My god! I shalt not trust women riders from this moment! kidding, But i really have to say this woman better thank the stars, planets, grass, makeup, whatever for giving her this miraculous escape! Mental bhp case here clearly. I hope license tests happen and only people who really know to drive get the license.