Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 19:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Superbike crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, this is just some of what I've heard recently.

This head-on collision between a Hyosung and Dominar
Any more information on what speeds were involved here?
The bikes look battered to say the least. The speed involved could be easily greater then 60-70 both ways.
Old 4th April 2017, 20:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Hi Hiren, in that post quickdraw has posted about two accidents back to back. The first one was about a CBR which lost control on a particularly tricky corner on NH8 near Charoti, ~100 KM from Mumbai. My post was about that.

The second one he has posted about is a collision between Hyosung and Dominar. This I think happened within Delhi city, not totally sure. (Quickdraw has provided a news website link, however some people on whatsapp have different opinions of the incident. Once I gather something substantial, I will post).

As far as I know, the dominar was a new bike being ridden sedately at 40. The Hyosung guy did what superbikers do. He was riding at 100+ and rammed into the Dominar. Guess who died? The innocent guy.

PS - All my info are sourced from unreliable sources. I can be somewhat or dead wrong at times. As and when I stumble upon a different report (correct or otherwise), I will post them here.

@Mods, please advise if such information can be shared here as the factual basis cannot be immediately verified in most cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Any more information on what speeds were involved here?
The bikes look battered to say the least. The speed involved could be easily greater then 60-70 both ways.

I was standing right there where the accident happened. The accident happened in the Qutub Institutional area where generally most Biker's club in Delhi meet because of the presence of many road side dhabas.

There was a tree in our line of sight so I couldn't clearly see, but my friends who saw explained it like this.

The Hyosong guy had already done 2 loud and fast sorties on the road and we had already noticed him. This time as soon as he crossed us, an Activa came in front of him from side. It is said that the Activa came suddenly but I cannot confirm that. To avoid the Activa, hyosong being fast could not slow down so he moved in the other lane from where the Dominor was coming from and hit him head on. We don't think the Dominor guy was fast. The Hyosong was definitely close to 100 or maybe even upwards.

Since the hyosong had a pillion and high speed, it had a lot of momentum which resulted in a huge impact. The Dominor's front was in pieces.

We really feel sorry for the Dominor guy. My friends picked him and took him to the hospital as soon as they can, but I think he had already died by then. He was a very young kid and he and his family paid the ultimate price despite being no mistake of them. Really sad for them.

All of us had a hard time going home as all of us were badly shaken and our legs trembling.

RIP

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 4th April 2017 at 20:40.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 21:06   #33
BHPian

^^^TOI carried a story on this today (Bangalore edition) which said and I quote 'Witnesses said the bikers were intentionally coming towards each other and intended to swerve away when they got too close. But the plan went horribly wrong as a scooterist came in the way, police said'.

Also according to the police, one of the injured riders (presumably the ones on the Hyosung) had a helmet mounted camera which was smashed in the incident. Its being attempted to retrieve the data.

If indeed the deceased rider on the Dominar had nothing to do with the stunt riders, I feel its important for eye witnesses to set the record straight. This could affect any possible third party insurance claims.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 21:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
^^^TOI carried a story on this today (Bangalore edition) which said and I quote 'Witnesses said the bikers were intentionally coming towards each other and intended to swerve away when they got too close. But the plan went horribly wrong as a scooterist came in the way, police said'.

Also according to the police, one of the injured riders (presumably the ones on the Hyosung) had a helmet mounted camera which was smashed in the incident. Its being attempted to retrieve the data.

If indeed the deceased rider on the Dominar had nothing to do with the stunt riders, I feel its important for eye witnesses to set the record straight. This could affect any possible third party insurance claims.
They didn't seem to be of the same group or anything. This is something that they have picked up from local Dhaba wallas. Now this sort of stunts might happen there, but does not mean these guys were doing the same thing. I Dominor guy was not stunting.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 09:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Dominor guy wasn't involved with any stunts, and was riding in his own lane at safe speeds - corroborated by a couple of other people who were present at the scene. From the WA group of Delhi TBHPians.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The Dominor guy wasn't involved with any stunts, and was riding in his own lane at safe speeds - corroborated by a couple of other people who were present at the scene. From the WA group of Delhi TBHPians.
It is just unfortunate that the Dominar guy paid for someone else's fault. Honestly, most new riders have a lot to learn before they get onto a motorcycle. Such incident happen in every city and at an alarming frequency of late since the number of big bikes has gone up exponentially in the country. Media chaps have a field day on such occasions by ridiculing the entire Motorcycling community and the cops will just be under pressure for the next few days to clamp down on any and everyone on a big bike and kitted up well. I know Im just re-iterating an issue that everyone already is aware of but the point is that as slightly more mature and experienced riders, people like us need to put an end to this by either educating these riders or getting them barred from prestigious clubs/groups for unsafe riding. It has to start somewhere and the cops or the system wont do it for sure.
Old 5th June 2017, 14:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Just read news of this ZX-10R involved in an accident. The bike is a mess and its great that the rider escaped with injuries.

Superbike crashes in India-zx1.jpg
Superbike crashes in India-zx2.jpg
Superbike crashes in India-zx3.jpg

Source : Drivespark
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 14:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hate to keep reviving the thread.

Got these via whatsapp, what I've heard till now is a youth in chappals was trying to show off and pull wheelies and lost control. Thankfully he did not injure anyone else and have heard he got away without major injury either.

Superbike crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20170604-11.05.54-pm.jpeg

Superbike crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20170604-11.05.56-pm.jpeg

Superbike crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20170604-11.05.57-pm.jpeg

Superbike crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20170604-11.05.58-pm.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2017 at 17:14. Reason: Removed the duplicated photograph
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 18:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Oh my goodness!! How did that guy manage to mangle the bike this bad?
He must thank his lucky stars he did not hurt himself or other around him.

Edit: Rushlane are reporting something else.
Link to the report.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 5th June 2017 at 18:39.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 02:01   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

That's some serious damage for a bike which lost control over a wheelie. The rear swingarm has almost sheared off. I thing this must have been a high speed high impact crash. Glad to know no one was seriously hurt and hope the rider has learn his lesson.
Old 6th June 2017, 17:40   #41
BHPian

In my opinion the Rushlane report of the crash seems more plausible, potholes are notoriously dangerous and explains the bent front and rear rim.

The swingarm parting could have resulted due to cartwheeling and landing awkwardly. All speculations.

The rider is quiet lucky to make it alive after a pop like this. Goes on to show the importance of wearing proper safety gear, which is presumably why the rider is alive.
As for the WhatsApp messages , what can you say, a bad crash on a superbike and people start clicking pictures and forwarding it without even bothering to help the person. And it's almost always an assumption based on scanty information that the guy riding was flaunting and showing off with no safety gear .
Old 7th June 2017, 09:12   #42
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

What I fail to understand is how do people flaunt or show-off wearing chappals?

I think riding gear makes you look cool. A nice lid, with some crazy vinyls maybe or tribal graphics coupled with some leather gear and colourful riding boots makes a rider stand out. How can one flaunt wearing a chappal is beyond my imagination. Even with my mesh jacket, riding pants, leather riding boots, full gauntlet leather gloves and a snazzy helmet, I feel like an astronaut. Imagine how good I will feel wearing a Dainese D-Air suit !

A 25-lakh rupee bike deserves an impressive riding suit. Too bad that these guys don't know how to look cool.

Glad that the ZX10R rider is safe. Hope he has learnt the lesson from this incident and will follow ATGATT religiously henceforth.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 14:07   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Edit: Rushlane are reporting something else.
Link to the report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt2012 View Post
In my opinion the Rushlane report of the crash seems more plausible, potholes are notoriously dangerous and explains the bent front and rear rim.
Rushlane has lifted pictures from my post here HERE. They have cooked up story themselves. The Accident took place on Sunday at around 1-2PM on a road which does not have any potholes. The news is, he tried to pull a wheelie and ended up in this state.No eye witness has confirmed this.

This is the second time that I have seen Rushlane posting incorrect news
mohammedismail is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 14:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Rushlane reports seems to be in line with what i have experienced due to pot holes.
And i have to say the accident must be post the pot hole where the bike would have lost air suddenly and the speed didnt help to have any sort of control. The claim that the bike would have catapulted because of pothole seems to be over stretched for both the wheels show impact of the pot hole and the rear will not flip if its already over the hole. In fact if it was the tossing type incident the real wheel may not even have the pot hole damage it shows. I think the pot hole caused the air loss which then lead to losing control in the front and crashing big on something that broke the swing arm.

At 65mph i did hit a pot hole in my Fz6R. Its a quick thud but thanks to my lucky stars or just that i am big and was holding to the handle bar really tight saved me. The thud caused exactly the same damage as you see on both those wheels and the air loss was exceptionally quick. But i just stopped the bike, dragged it to a near by fuel station, wacked the shit out of the wheels and removed the bend, filled air and moved on.

It was very quick at that speed and i could clearly feel my bag going way above my shoulders and then slowly landing. Luckily the front was in control and the air loss was only in the front by the time i already stopped on the side.

Quote:
What I fail to understand is how do people flaunt or show-off wearing chappals?
What i fail to understand is why should one flaunt. I try to maximize my chances of getting overlooked as riding just another bike. I have a FZ1 and i am happy every time someone asks me if it is FZ25. Gives enormous pleasure to not get recognized knowing cops would also not care to stop me (the same reason i removed DRL with a switch)

Last edited by VW2010 : 7th June 2017 at 14:28.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 20:13   #45
BHPian

Here are a few pics i found on my phone.
Credits to their respective photographers.
Superbike crashes in India-1209100_10153303873950156_1392456686_n.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-bmw_3.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-bmw_4.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-bike3.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-helmet-accidents-550-1.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-img20121001wa0007.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-down2.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-down3.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-r1crash.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-th11_bike.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-daya_090513_accdt4.jpg

Superbike crashes in India-daya_090513_accdt7.jpg