Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 13:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident

Not sure about the authenticity of this, but got from a whatsapp travel group. As per the news, it had happened 30 mins ago from now.

A KTM biker had hit and killed a child near Chikballapur, near Nandhi Upachar. The local mob is violent and targeting the riders coming to the city.

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-img20180107wa0005.jpg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-img20180107wa0004.jpg
Old 7th January 2018, 15:32   #2
BHPian

Karnataka: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident

Incident happened today morning near Bangalore outskirts highways..( Chikballapur, near Nandhi Upachar)
Apparently a child was crossing the highway and the KTM rider hit the child and she died on spot. After which the rider was rope-tied and beaten.
May the child's soul Rest In Peace and prayers for her family.
Here maybe villagers don't have minimum road sense... After this incident people are trashing all the bikes they come across on the highway and beating all the riders..
Feels sad to see this happen..
All bikers are being stopped.
Bikes being thrashed by locals.

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeathcollage.jpg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeath10576x1024.jpeg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-fb_img_1515318924215.jpg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeath4338x600.jpeg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeath3338x600.jpeg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeath2576x1024.jpeg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeath71024x576.jpeg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-ckbwheelingdeath91024x576.jpeg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-fb_img_1515318917585.jpg

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-fb_img_1515318915825.jpg

Note* Mods please move the post to another thread, I couldn't find an appropriate one.

Last edited by manaljain : 7th January 2018 at 15:51.
manaljain is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 15:41   #3
BHPian

Re: Bikes being thrashed by the locals

What kind off mob justice is this? Not every bike rider is a rash driver and not every bike rider wearing all the safety gear is a racer. People need to sort out their brains. The citizens of our country have this habit of stereotyping everyone and generalizing their thoughts about something.

This should be stopped. Reminds me of such behavior happening in Tamil Nadu or Kerala, can't tell exactly but it was similar to this where villagers were pelting stones at superbike riders. The cause of this was also the same where a pedestrian was killed due to being run down by a powerful bike.
aghate is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 16:24   #4
BHPian

What a bunch of brainless barbarians. Did somebody teleport these people from the stone age to the 21st century?

You know what with this kind of mentality, it doesnt matter whether there is a bike accident or not, they are sure to do something inhumane and stupid one way or the other.

I can understand if they stopped the guy who killed the child from fleeing. Kept him in their custody till the police arrived. Even in that scenario he is not to be hit unless in self defence.

But going after all bikers? How in the world does any human being in 2018 rationalize that decision?

Apart from the brain tissue devoid bufoons that live there. I would also put the blame on the government. Its clear there is little to no law enforcement where this occured. No body fears the law. Nobody fears for the consequences of their action. And Im sure these people, if one can call them that has done these things before or are used to these things.

Sorry for being snarky and rude about these people. Poor villagers or not,educated or not. They deserve it. They are evil.

Last edited by nakul0888 : 7th January 2018 at 16:29.
nakul0888 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 18:30   #5
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not sure about the authenticity of this, but got from a whatsapp travel group. As per the news, it had happened 30 mins ago from now.

A KTM biker had hit and killed a child near Chikballapur, near Nandhi Upachar. The local mob is violent and targeting the riders coming to the city.
This happened today morning between 8-9AM. A bunch of us were on a ride on the same route and we were luckily warned by car drivers coming from the opposite side. Decided to take an alternate route back home.

Really sad a life was lost. The KTM rider involved was apparently beaten and tied to a tree.
Mob that gathered there beat up any biker who passed that way and a few bikes were destroyed. Their only crime being that they were riding big bikes with riding gear.

Not sure how/why the KTM rider hit the poor girl. But the mob behavior post is a scary situation to be caught in completely unawares.
niranjanrvce is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 18:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Never underestimate the mentality of a mob and why it forms. And let us be candid, the highways see several people who rashly drive high powered bikes at top speed, and weave in and out of traffic without a care, far more than they see such bikes sedately driven by people in full kit.

I guess the locals have too many memories of near misses from such bikes that this was the last straw on the camel's back.

The way it will go is that the cops will show up, register several cases against persons unknown, take a few villagers off and thrash them (if so there will be an agitation and maybe more thrashing of bikers).

The other alternative is that they will work with the local panchayat to have a peace meeting, and that stretch of highway will be thickly sown with chicane barriers and some totally unofficial hard concrete speedbreakers.
hserus is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 18:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Never underestimate the mentality of a mob and why it forms. And let us be candid, the highways see several people who rashly drive high powered bikes at top speed, and weave in and out of traffic without a care, far more than they see such bikes sedately driven by people in full kit.

I guess the locals have too many memories of near misses from such bikes that this was the last straw on the camel's back.
I completely agree with your point of view. The pang of losing your child or even the scariest escape could be a stimulus to such a behavior. Add to the assumption that police or local authorities may not have paid heed to any such past complaints.

I do not endorse such irrational beating at all but bikers should also have some speed resistance at such urban or sub urban stretches to thwart untoward incidents even if the basic fault lies with the child.
gupta_chd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I second your thoughts, one is lack of effective policing and then increase of such maniacs every day on the road. I see this indifferent behavior from bikers every day whether it is on city roads or highways, the news about thrashing every biker is a bit exaggerated and we are used to it in Bangalore. The child is supposed to behave like a child, so teaching basic road manners and controlling of show-off attitude is more important today. My father himself is a victim of one such careless accident caused by some rogues of Alliance University. A healthy person once now he suffers from partial hearing loss and motion sickness.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th January 2018 at 19:24.
deehunk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:20   #9
BHPian

With a lot of power comes a lot of responsibility. Although it makes no sense to take the vengence on other bikers, I hope this will be taken in the right way and all bikers are more vigilant, more understanding of our villagers and be more mature during the rides.
First and foremost, the roads through villages are places where anyone can just pop out. We have to accommodate that fact. Just because you have power may not mean you know how to use it. It takes years of experience to use all that power - so we need to learn to respect the power and the people around it.

I wish that there is a mandatory training session for anyone with >500 cc bike. I know most people are responsible but when I see folks riding, a lot of them are new and specially the ones who are not part of a group who can teach the social etiquettes. Even if 1person out of a 100 understands the impact of what may go wrong, it is sufficient and over time we will have a much better disciplined rider crowd.
deep_bang is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:31   #10
BHPian

Just because he/she hit someone doesn't mean they are rash drivers. More often than not in our country it's the pedestrian who's at equal or at more fault than the rider/driver.
I may sound harsh but I feel more sorry for the rider who tasted the mob beatings rather than the girl who lost her life. For all we know it could be completely her fault for crossing the road without being careful.
Skyline_GT is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:33   #11
BHPian

The folks from that part of the area always see the so called bikers do wheelie and drags all the time. As per news report, it was a group of multiple bikers and a few got caught after he crashed. I don't believe that the cops would let people just stop random bikes and let them assault them. If so, id really like to see some proof for the same!
I understand the emotions of the people present and i have seen first hand, how these "bikers" terrorise the area by drags and wheelies and loud exhausts. There's no time, you can expect these to show up anytime of the day.

I agree that beating up someone is not justified, but a kid being killed was all it took for them to let go of their emotions being piled up after seeing many reckless bikers, specially near nandi hills.

PS: The bikes am talking of are predominantly rx100s, ktms and a few superbikes. Going by the images, i've edited my post as these riders could as well have not been related to any of the previous incidents. It could have been their bad luck of being present in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 7th January 2018 at 19:45.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:37   #12
BHPian

It is a sad incident resulting in a 11 year old life being lost. But while we can speculate if the biker was in the wrong or if the child crossing the road was in the wrong, it was absolutely ridiculous what the mob did.

Imagine the other riders passing by on that route just being pulled over for no reason and being thrashed while their precious rides being destroyed. Absolutely ridiculous! My blood boils at the thought of that.

Something must be done to educate them on the safety gear worn by bikers and at the same time first time super bike owners and riders must be made to take a mandatory rider training before getting delivery of their bikes and controlling the many horses beneath them.

Here is a video of the same.
Shanksta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:39   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Never underestimate the mentality of a mob and why it forms. .

The way it will go is that the cops will show up, register several cases against persons unknown, take a few villagers off and thrash them (if so there will be an agitation and maybe more thrashing of bikers).

The other alternative is that they will work with the local panchayat to have a peace meeting, and that stretch of highway will be thickly sown with chicane barriers and some totally unofficial hard concrete speedbreakers.
A loss of life is unfortunate irreplaceable especially a young one.

Just before Nandi Upachar, there is a speed breaker. Also there are several collapsible chicanes at intervals in this stretch. Inspite of this I have seen bikes and cars zooming at 100+ and is a favorite for police to get over speeding tickets. Likewise I also have seen strong hearted people casually crossing the road.

Pedestrians need to be able to cross over safely, atleast in designated spots and enthusiasts need to flex their machines(within the law). I doubt that will happen any time soon in our country. Till then....please excuse we are like this only.
whitewing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_GT View Post
Just because he/she hit someone doesn't mean they are rash drivers. More often than not in our country it's the pedestrian who's at equal or at more fault than the rider/driver.
I may sound harsh but I feel more sorry for the rider who tasted the mob beatings rather than the girl who lost her life. For all we know it could be completely her fault for crossing the road without being careful.
My dear chap, the pedestrian in question was a small child. You can't lay blame on them at all. And please don't blame the now grief stricken parents.

One ironclad rule around the world .. guess who has right of way even if they are coming from the wrong side etc? You got it, the pedestrian.

Regardless of what the pedestrian does, if you hit them you will be booked. If you kill them on hitting them you will be booked for culpable homicide (one step less than murder in the IPC).
hserus is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 19:42   #15
BHPian

Just received this forward in WhatsApp

[07/01] Caution - As you ride towards Bangalore from chikkballapur, the junction before Nandi upachar, called bullali cross a KTM rider hit and killed a child. Villagers have gotten violent and targeting every rider coming into Bangalore.

A BMW GS and Harley Fatboy was smashed and the riders were manhandled.

Link :: https://www.cartoq.com/violence-agai...-by-mob-video/

Bangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-imageuploadedbyteambhp1515334282.123108.jpgBangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-imageuploadedbyteambhp1515334310.779647.jpgBangalore: Bikers being thrashed by locals after an accident-imageuploadedbyteambhp1515334329.370291.jpg
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed