Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety > Ride Safe

Old 24th February 2019, 11:01   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Non-ISI Helmets banned in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.guru View Post
It has been more than 4 months since any news of this issue has resurfaced. Has anyone come across any updates?
I am using both my DOT/ECE helmets on a regular basis all over Bangalore. Havent caused any issue nor is there any checking going on. The latest update I heard was that the Bengaluru Traffic Police was not the competent authority to decide the legality of a helmet. Going by the sticker on the helmet was not a fool proof method either since the stickers were easily replicable. Hence if the ban must be enforced then the sale must be curbed or the competent authority must check for these helmets on the streets. Until either happens, its good to go.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 22:32   #47
BHPian

I found an interesting video from FortNine . For those who are not familiar with this channel, here's a description in their own words
Quote:
FortNine creates motorcycle and gear reviews with a rare dose of honesty. We also share accessible and incredible places to go ride. Our goal is to entertain our audience, but also to stay truthful.

Gear up for your next adventure at fortnine.ca:
https://frt9.co/98au9e
The first part of the video talks about the components that go into making of a modern helmet and the DOT, ECE & SHARP certifications. His humorous narration and knowledge is what makes his videos quite interesting and a treat to watch. Here are his other videos.

Here goes

Cheers !

Video courtesy : www.youtube.com, FortNine

Last edited by Ironhide : 3rd March 2019 at 22:35. Reason: inserting link
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2019, 12:38   #48
BHPian

Looks like the Bangalore police are at it again. A snippet from today's newspaper. Now with hefty penalties, I think this would worry many.
Attached Images

Xaos636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2019, 12:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Looks like the Bangalore police are at it again. A snippet from today's newspaper. Now with hefty penalties, I think this would worry many.
There was this line from a TV series - "One who doesnt know history is bound to repeat it". These police seem to be doing the same. Last year, the Bureau of Indian Standards stated that the police is no competent authority to decide on the genuinity of the helmets. Yet, they want to enforce such stuff. Not long before the lobby of imported helmet dealers take this to court and suspend the drive again. So now, if I put an ISI sticker on any helmet, the police cannot verify whether it is genuine or not. As simple as that.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote