Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 06:59   #2176
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Mahesh! I think I have to take you out.
Was confused for a moment as my name happens to be that too! I didn't remember adding any sort of value to the discussion wrt Arai/Shoei helmets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Which is the cheap and best helmet?
TBH, I didn't realise this was a genuine question. I interpreted this as a sarcastic/troll response to the discussion of relative safety of different helmets. My bad.

Quote:
I never seen him riding without this plastic helmet, and I know he will use it if I gift one.
There are lot of shops near Urvashi theatre that stock helmets. Try looking for a Vega/Studds helmet within your budget. Just don't go for a Roshan/Rishab.
Roomy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 15:21   #2177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Morons with a capital M.
Sorry mate, but still i felt the Modular Helmet is a real good one. Yes they are pricey but the features are real good. Else pick one up when you go abroad once you have sorted out which size is best for you.

The DT helmet is something on my wish list too...after all its the head that can spin off crores of Rupess...so its ok to invest around 35 to save it

But am happy that I was able to do my 2 cents for you. For sure lets meet one of these days.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 16:10   #2178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sorry mate, but still i felt the Modular Helmet is a real good one. Yes they are pricey but the features are real good. Else pick one up when you go abroad once you have sorted out which size is best for you.

The DT helmet is something on my wish list too...after all its the head that can spin off crores of Rupess...so its ok to invest around 35 to save it

But am happy that I was able to do my 2 cents for you. For sure lets meet one of these days.
I agree, investing between 30-45k is okay. I saw the GT Air is available for about 30k in Malaysia. The thing is when i see the price difference between stuff abroad and what these guys here sell it for, it kills me, and I am unable to pull the trigger.

Will see if anything comes my way.
Old 31st October 2016, 08:51   #2179
Team-BHP Support

Which decent helmet to get for under 10K for street riding and maybe touring for a day or max 2 days [at one go]

Quote:
I want to gift it to a person (daily wage worker) who currently uses a plastic construction helmet.
Get something from SteelBird at around 1K. Should suffice and won't be a bother to your wallet.

And this is a really nice gesture from your end
Old 31st October 2016, 09:34   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Which decent helmet to get for under 10K for street riding and maybe touring for a day or max 2 days
Check the MT Revenge series on www.spartanprogear.com

Its comfortable and has 5 star SHARP rating.
akshayhonda is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 17:40   #2181
BHPian

Guys, I need some help from pros.
I am using MT Blade from last few months. Recently I am using balaclava ( Aspida) as well. I use sunglasses ( with power) during day time riding. The problem I am facing is fogging on the inside of sunglass while using balaclava.
So today I tried riding without sunglass but with balaclava on. This is still causing fogging on the main as well as inner dark visor.
What is to be done for this?

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 2nd November 2016 at 17:45.
Old 2nd November 2016, 17:53   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, I need some help from pros.
I am using MT Blade from last few months. Recently I am using balaclava ( Aspida) as well. I use sunglasses ( with power) during day time riding. The problem I am facing is fogging on the inside of sunglass while using balaclava.
So today I tried riding without sunglass but with balaclava on. This is still causing fogging on the main as well as inner dark visor.
What is to be done for this?
To prevent the visor from fogging up, you can use a pin-lock insert in the visor (note that your visor should have the capability) - https://www.spartanprogear.com/produ...pin-lock-strip
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:29   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

To prevent the visor from fogging up, you can use a pin-lock insert in the visor (note that your visor should have the capability) - https://www.spartanprogear.com/produ...pin-lock-strip
Wow.
Didn't know of this. Hope this works. As of now it is sold out on the website.
But I doubt it will solve my first problem i.e. fogging inside sunglass.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 2nd November 2016 at 18:31.
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:35   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow.
Nope, AFAIK, it cannot prevent the glasses from fogging up. IIRC, the pin-lock insert has some sort of coating that prevents the misting up of the visor.
Old 2nd November 2016, 19:06   #2185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Check the MT Revenge series on www.spartanprogear.com

Its comfortable and has 5 star SHARP rating.
To Akshay and others. Which are the safest guys to ship? I have been shopping from PRS since past 6+ years and they have never sold me sub-standard stuff. So, I would like to prioritize PRS, just that if any of you have experience of helmet being shipped safely.

BTW, a friend and a rider stocks MT's at Siliguri, so shall give that a try as well.
Old 2nd November 2016, 20:11   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow.
The inner drop down sunglasses have to be treated with anti fog spray. Buy some, spray it on, and buff it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Nope, AFAIK, it cannot prevent the glasses from fogging up. IIRC, the pin-lock insert has some sort of coating that prevents the misting up of the visor.
The pin lock visor works on pure physics and has no coating. It sandwiches onto the inside of the main visor and creates a vacuum of air, ensuring that your warm breathing does not mist up the inside of the visor.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 11:14   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
To Akshay and others. Which are the safest guys to ship? I have been shopping from PRS since past 6+ years and they have never sold me sub-standard stuff. So, I would like to prioritize PRS, just that if any of you have experience of helmet being shipped safely.

BTW, a friend and a rider stocks MT's at Siliguri, so shall give that a try as well.
PRS is the best. But then if you need something else or want to check out some new options. Check www.bikegear.in too. Very reliable guys. Call me or ping me if you happen to narrow down on something from them. I can get you some discount over their mentioned price
akshayhonda is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 14:28   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Sorry man, for a minute I thought it was for you. In that case, there are a few full face helmets available for 400-500 Rs. You can check at metro cash and carry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post

TBH, I didn't realise this was a genuine question. I interpreted this as a sarcastic/troll response to the discussion of relative safety of different helmets. My bad.
Quote:

Get something from SteelBird at around 1K. Should suffice and won't be a bother to your wallet.

And this is a really nice gesture from your end
Thanks guys. Gifted him Studds Professional (full face) helmet. Paid around 950.
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 10:52   #2189
BHPian

Got this scorpion exo R710. Will get it here in December only when cousin returns from US. Good Deal at $ 150.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20161031wa0004.jpg  

Old 6th November 2016, 21:16   #2190
BHPian

Article on Motorcycle helmets: everything you didn't know, wanted to know, should know and all that

An article worth reading, courtesy Shubhabrata Marmar, Executive Editor overdrive.in

http://overdrive.in/opinions/every-b...ment-answered/

Cheers !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks