Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 12:22   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500modder View Post

I settled on the Givi X01 - some pics below. It's a pretty rare helmet. Only a few online stores have it. I ordered it from designerhelmets.com and was pretty impressed by how quickly they dispatched it.

The only downside is the customs import duty. The break up is as follows:-
Basic Customs Duty = 10%.
CVD (countervailing duty) 10% on Assessable value + Basic Customs duty = 11%.
3% Educational duty on CVD = 0.33%.
3% Higher Educational duty on Basic + CVD + Cess = 0.64%.
4% Additional Customs Duty on Assessable value + Basic + CVD + = 4.88%
Thats a very good looking, practical helmet for our conditions. How much did it cost you total?
Old 28th September 2010, 12:29   #362
Team-BHP Support

I love that helmet. It kind of reminds me of some 80's alien movie. But I would love having one of these.

As long as no June bug gets stuck inside the small open vent. It happened once when a bug got stuck in a small gap between the visor and the helmet. Very funny and scary feeling as its antennae were moving so close to my nose.
Old 28th September 2010, 23:01   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thats a very good looking, practical helmet for our conditions. How much did it cost you total?
The helmet was 200 pounds + 30 pounds shipping = approximately Rs.16500
The import duty was nearly Rs. 5000. Which puts the total at around Rs.21500. It comes with the two chin pieces, swappable warm weather vents for the top of the helmet (shown in pic), a carrying case for the chin guard, defogging solution and a neck protector. The helmet looks pretty well made and is really light too. Not a bad deal really. Even better if you don't have to pay the draconian import tax.
Old 28th September 2010, 23:18   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Very funny and scary feeling as its antennae were moving so close to my nose.

Before you guys consider half face helmets...(posting for the benefit of the community)
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-2465_rider.origmax640x640.jpg  

Old 28th September 2010, 23:26   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Didn't know where to post hence posting here. Spotted a guy wearing a similar helmet in Dadar yesterday. Kinda cool but I don't know how good such helmets are.
Well, see this then. Apparently, the advertiser itslef is saying that they are banned from using on roads
Old 28th September 2010, 23:56   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
As long as no June bug gets stuck inside the small open vent. It happened once when a bug got stuck in a small gap between the visor and the helmet. Very funny and scary feeling as its antennae were moving so close to my nose.
Lol! Thank god it's September not June will let you know if the design has any bugs soon - sorry for the pun - will be taking it out this weekend.
Old 29th September 2010, 00:53   #367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Didn't know where to post hence posting here. Spotted a guy wearing a similar helmet in Dadar yesterday. Kinda cool but I don't know how good such helmets are.
One could put a helmet skin on top of any helmet. So, get the best helmet you can afford, and personalize it. Online Catalog - Street Helmet Skinz
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:57   #368
BHPian

Guys, can somebody please tell me if I can get a nice helmet imported under 3000 rupees. Any closeout deals?

If yes, please help me out because I need to get one at the earliest.

If not, please suggest a good shop in South Delhi.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:23   #369
Team-BHP Support

How much is the Shoei costing at planet DSG?
Heard they stock Shark / Nolan and other good brands too...

How much would Corser's / Spies's replica cost?
Old 7th October 2010, 09:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys, can somebody please tell me if I can get a nice helmet imported under 3000 rupees. Any closeout deals?

If yes, please help me out because I need to get one at the earliest.

If not, please suggest a good shop in South Delhi.
hi , i too am looking out for helmets made my arai, shoei etc. you must try a search on "ebay usa". there are a few suppliers there who ship to india also
try the following link ARAI CORSAIR V HELMET NAKANO SAKURA XL X-LARGE NEW: eBay Motors (item 160487578235 end time Oct-07-10 11:30:45 PDT)
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-b1fwlmgmkkgrhqqokjien2fdhqdbmdbuz7chg_35.jpg  

Old 25th October 2010, 18:23   #371
BHPian

Is there any website from where I can buy helmets with a negligible/free shipping cost or am I asking for too much? I am interested in a HJC helmet but the shipping itself is more than the cost of the helmet
Old 26th October 2010, 10:38   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Is there any website from where I can buy helmets with a negligible/free shipping cost or am I asking for too much? I am interested in a HJC helmet but the shipping itself is more than the cost of the helmet
Well you wont find any site that will ship internationally for free or for cheap. If you want free shipping ask a friend who's coming down to carry it for you.

Else try ridersdiscount.com. They charge a flat 25 USD shipping fee on their orders. Or try ICCworld.com. They will provide a quote to you on how much the deal will cost you.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:22   #373

Hello all,

I am very late to this thread but I am need of a lightweight helmet under Rs.3000/-. I am suffering with cervical and lumbar spondylitis, but can't leave riding as I am more a rider than a driver. Before being diagnosed with spondylitis, I have used a GP1 but it now proves too heavy for my neck.

After departing with my CBZ-X, my Palio has served me well. But I again want to get a bike, probably a Karizma or a Bullet for the love of it. However, can't ride without a helmet.

So can anyone please suggest?

Regards
Old 17th November 2010, 16:15   #374
Senior - BHPian

Buy LS2 helmets. You can get one for 3k after some bargaining and the quality is pretty good too. These carry ECE 22.05 approval ratings.
Old 17th November 2010, 16:32   #375
Team-BHP Support

@abhijeet- fit is important, a snug fit helmet won't put any weight on any of your other body parts & shall remain glued to your head.

In the shop keep wearing the helmet for 10 mins. (no matter what anyone says), take it off/on a couple of times and generally the up scale you go with your budget, the helmet shall be lighter retaining the safety ratings.

LS2 and Cross are two brands which are popular and should serve you well.

^^How are Index Helmets? Had seen a green 10R guy in Delhi wearing one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks