Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 16:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Super, AGV visor isnt scrach resistent. but yes does not scattrer on impact. its tested and saved my head. so i will suggest that first

Also i have AM & Vemar. like the quality of vemar and AM is not that heavy.
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:57   #32

MY friend got an AGV helmet for 800AED that is 10400RS.
The AGV helmets made in India are obviously fake!
its isnt about the name..its about protection..never buy fake stuff...to think about it...its like buying fake condoms!

You decide!

Im buying an AGV too! and GPone is just a series from AGV.

and I wouldnt support buying a helmet online! u need to try it move about in it and see if its comfortable and fits you soo no use of buying it online!
Old 4th November 2007, 00:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Went helmet shopping today and couldn't get anything good.
Was looking for GPOne. Checked some shops in Lalbag road. All had just one GPOne helmet in stock and were not promoting the brand. They were just trying to push some korean brands.

Here comes the funny part:-
Went to a shop called Balaji Helmet Palace which they claim to be the oldest helmet shop in Bangalore.
As usual, the salesboy showed me 1 GPOne helmet and lots of GPR helmets. Now enters the senior salesperson Mr Sekhar with his impressive sales pitch on how GPR is much better than GPOne and if I value my life and want good return for my hard earned money I shouldn't go for the "dabba" GPOne and buy the German GPRHelmet (GPR is Korean for those of you who dont know).
When I was still not convinced, he asked me to understand how better the German mentality is when compared to the Indian one. Even asked my friend who was with me to advice me on making the right choice. Also, commented that my old unbranded helmet was much better that GPOne and Steelbird has stopped production some 6 months ago.

Here is the icing on the cake: Seeing that we are mallus, one of the guys told me that everyone in Kerala uses GPR
Well I replied, "No-one in Kerala even wears a helmet" and walked out.

By this time I was totally pissed off and decided not to continue with the search today.

Bangy boys, please give me details of some shop which is run by a sensible person and from where I can buy a good quality helmet.
Also, suggest me some brands other than GPOne as there seems to be a scarcity of these helmets in the market. I am ready to spend 2-3k for a good helmet.

- Jag

PS: Does anyone know about the GPR brand of helmets? I haven't heard of them before.
Old 4th November 2007, 08:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
Hi Team,

I need to buy a GPone clear visor - either in Bombay or Pune. Any pointers will be great.

I have a full black one, which is great in the day, night riding however is painful.

I keep the visor open and use my Yellow glasses, but the wind noise is a major irritant.

Superavi
Hi
You can try Funkys or Dreambikes, both located in Pune Camp...
Old 4th November 2007, 17:51   #35
Team-BHP Support

I just bought a GPR Helmet from Chennai's Pioneer Scooter Center.
Cost me about 3800 bucks including a spare visor.

The quality of the helmet and its riding feel is amazing.
Love the tool less removal for Visor.
ZERO fog formation, excellent noise reduction in traffic.

My last helmet was Steelbird R4 Modular, this helmet weighs almost the same, but the fit is much much better. I have the XXL size.

I have the feeling the GPR helmets are the same as the HJC helmets, cos they look so alike.

Dont drop a product because the sales man is an Idiot.
Old 4th November 2007, 19:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I just bought a GPR Helmet from Chennai's Pioneer Scooter Center.
Cost me about 3800 bucks including a spare visor.

The quality of the helmet and its riding feel is amazing.
Love the tool less removal for Visor.
ZERO fog formation, excellent noise reduction in traffic.

My last helmet was Steelbird R4 Modular, this helmet weighs almost the same, but the fit is much much better. I have the XXL size.

I have the feeling the GPR helmets are the same as the HJC helmets, cos they look so alike.

Dont drop a product because the sales man is an Idiot.

so you bought this helmet from chennai and not in hyderabad?
well if there is a place in hyderabad where i can get a quality helmet other than the volga, vega and other brands which are not duplicates then the help is appreciated thanks!
Old 6th November 2007, 12:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_gr8est1 View Post
Hi
You can try Funkys or Dreambikes, both located in Pune Camp...
Thanks Neo, will try them out.

Superavi
Old 7th November 2007, 02:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Whatever helmet you buy make sure it fits snug as helmets are not supposed to move around at speed or else it could be the reason for you crashing.
Old 26th November 2007, 21:26   #39

i bought a New Helmet!

AGV K series designed by Valentino Rossi for 990 AED thats about 13000 Rupees

its nice got extra padding and stuff! Really cool stuff and nice graphics too!
Old 26th November 2007, 21:36   #40
BHPian

Helmet for 13000 INR??? Guys I am ready to sell my bike for 12500!!! LOL

Jokes apart, but Vega has got some good ones under 1500-2000!
Old 26th November 2007, 23:50   #41
BHPian

2 Years Ago I was using a Wrangler Helmet, which came with the basic ISI marking and it was given to me by my bro. It cost 650 bucks. Last year I met with an accident in which I landed straight on my Head & Shoulders scraping off the Helmets right side's considerable part. If it weren't for my helmet, I'd not have posted this today. Many of my friends were there during that accident (I was the lone Helmet wearin person outta group of 18 people) and they never let me have it back. They have kept it with themselves(turn by turn) as a memorabilia.

Later on I brought a Vega Turbo Helmet, matte finish (I don't like gloss) which I got custom stickers of Vale's 46 number and agv logo on it and what not. The rubber breading around the Helmet came off in just two months, durin the rains, the foam interiors became victims of bacterial activity and caught fungus. It's now lyin in the stores and now, I'm reluctant to buy a Vega again. Vega manufacturin Unit is just 15 mins walk from my home.

Anyone knows of a Helmet that comes with scratch proof visors? Or, I've thought of getting my next Helmet's visor filmed by a decently transperent scratch proof suncontrol film...
Old 27th November 2007, 11:05   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
so you bought this helmet from chennai and not in hyderabad?
well if there is a place in hyderabad where i can get a quality helmet other than the volga, vega and other brands which are not duplicates then the help is appreciated thanks!

Was unable to find any decent helmet in Hyderabad.
I tried in a couple of places, but all they had was the above mentioned brands. Was not even able to find Studds or Steelbird.
Did not like any of them.

so finally waited till my visit to Chennai to get a helmet.

I heard later helmets are available in motorcylce showrooms, you may try them out.
Old 27th November 2007, 11:16   #43
BHPian

you can get good helmets at PlanetDSG India : Motorcycle Apparel and Accessories. Alpinestars AXO SIDI Keiti Spidi Keiti DSG (also known as dreambikes).
they have daijya helmets in stock. prices start from around 4K

place: pune

Last edited by desmoquattro : 27th November 2007 at 11:19.
Old 3rd December 2007, 06:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

I have an agv rossi replica too and it cost me 10k with an extra dark visor.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:35   #45
BANNED

Jaguar, have you bought a helmet yet?

GPR helmets are pretty good, i have one which i bought last year for 4k (they have the range starting from 3k and goes to 5k) and most of the things about it is good. The quality, the padding, the glare free visor, the sound reduction, the fit, the usefulness of the vents, the sealing. The only negative point about it is the weight; the model i have it weighs 1.7kilos and it's printed on a label under the padding. Of all the helmets i have owned this is the heaviest. Thanks to it i have pretty good neck muscles now!

GPOne helmets are nice. They have quality and the materials used like padding & straps are good. And is even nicely put together. They weigh around 1.4kilos and is not heavy on the neck. I would rate this helmet higher than the Indian MPA-AGVs in quality. This helmet lacks a very good visor mechanism and the visor doesnt seal as good as it should like other modern helmets. I used a GPOne for couple of months and i find it good.

Indian AGV i have not owned, but went to check them out for a friend. I never liked the quality associated with it and it kind of feels flimsy. I have an AGV X-Vent which was made in italy and it cost me 150 pounds in 2003. These MPA-AGVs never come anywhere near a 'real' AGV in quality or build, they're a complete disappointment if you have had the chance to see a real AGV. The Vemar helmets they had at the shop were of much better quality than the MPA-AGVs.

But as luck would have it now i'm the proud owner of an Arai RX7 Corsair probably one of the best helmets in the world! Thanks to my cousin.

Most Viewed