Old 9th May 2012, 19:47   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Got a SOL SL68S-II Metal Man.

@n_aditya: Thanks a lot sirji.
Cool graphics!

Does this also have the blinking LED at the back.

I use a SL68S and it does not have the spoiler at the rear.
Very happy with the airflow and fit of the helmet! most VFM buy in the market for a pretty good helmet!
Old 9th May 2012, 20:16   #767
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Cool graphics!

Does this also have the blinking LED at the back.

I use a SL68S and it does not have the spoiler at the rear.
Very happy with the airflow and fit of the helmet! most VFM buy in the market for a pretty good helmet!
No the metal man does not come with the LEDs. And yes its a VFM buy. The fit is good too. I am very happy with the purchase. Hope it proves to be great in the long run.
Old 9th May 2012, 20:17   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I need a few skull caps but I feel they are overpriced here, at 100-150 per cap. Is this the pricing everywhere? Any place in Mumbai where I could get it at a cheaper rate? Rather than spending 150 for a skullcap, I could get a balaclava for a bit more, but I personally don't prefer a balaclava.

Skull caps at 150 bucks!!! You can order a Cramster Balaclava for 50 bucks more!! By skull caps if you mean the thin cotton one's with elastic, they cost 20 bucks here in Blore and if you buy a helmet, a couple of them are given away free of cost!
Old 9th May 2012, 20:53   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Skull caps at 150 bucks!!! You can order a Cramster Balaclava for 50 bucks more!! By skull caps if you mean the thin cotton one's with elastic, they cost 20 bucks here in Blore and if you buy a helmet, a couple of them are given away free of cost!
Yes :( The A.H Helmet guy whose contact was shared on the last page was selling it for 50 bucks and 100 for a better quality cap. Here, in Thane, they are charging 150 bucks. I have a balaclava, guess I'll need to use that. Do you know any place online for I could get it for cheap? Tried eBay, not available though.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:53   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Do you know any place online for I could get it for cheap? Tried eBay, not available though.
Balaclava's are available on eBay India for as less as Rs. 200/- onwards. The A* ones listed for 200 bucks are obviously fake.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:00   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Balaclava's are available on eBay India for as less as Rs. 200/- onwards. The A* ones listed for 200 bucks are obviously fake.
My bad that I didn't mention, I was looking to buy skullcaps online. I already have a balaclava, just that I prefer using a skullcap than a balaclava, hence looking out for one. If I get it at cheap prices, will get a couple for my Bangalore ride.
Old 12th May 2012, 15:26   #772

A flip up helmet within 3K

Hey,

I am looking to buy a decent helmet with max budget of 3K to compliment my Avenger 220 in bangalore. I was initially looking to get the Ninja 2G/3G, but I do not mind shelling extra money for a better lid ( Max budget Rs.3000, maybe 3.5K if I really have to) . I am considering a flip up type for now. Somehow I am not very into full face helmets. I looked into the flip up LS2 helmet already posted here recently. Any other options available?
Can you guys suggest me a helmet within my budget.

Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 16:28   #773
Senior - BHPian

Re: A flip up helmet within 3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikarsai View Post
I looked into the flip up LS2 helmet already posted here recently. Any other options available?
Apart from the LS2 that you have mentioned, there is the Vega Boolean. There are not many options in the budget you have specified.

Do visit Helmet Paradise and Megha Enterprises on Lalbagh Road. Helmet paradise is next to MTR hotel and Megha is opp MTR hotel.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 15:21   #774

I pimped my LS2 helmet

Goals:
  1. Be able to take calls with the helmet on, without the danger of getting strangled by wires from a wired-handfree.
  2. Listen to stereo music from my iPhone.
  3. A seamless experience where I only have to wear my helmet, and press a button to turn the Bluetooth on.
Options:
  1. Sena motorcycle communication systems (and the like).
  2. Do it myself
My LS2 came with place for helmet speakers. But you don't get helmet speakers in India. So I opted for Panasonic RP-HS46E-W Headphones. These are very slim, and hence fit in the helmet speaker slots easily. They are behind-the-ear headphones - so each earpiece can be handled individually.

For making the whole thing wireless, I had a couple of Bluetooth options. I narrowed them down to the following clip-on hands-free products. Wanted to ensure that the Bluetooth connection would stay when the phone is in my pocket, hence did my research by reading product reviews. My options:
  1. Samsung HS3000 Stereo Bluetooth Headset
  2. Plantronics Pulsar 260
  3. Bluedio AV890 Handsfree Headset
I was not inclined to go for the Bluedio at first, because it's a no-name Chinese brand. The Samsung sounded like a great product, but the cost was a put-off. The Plantronics Pulsar 260 turned out to be a phased out by the company.

After a little more research, I gained confidence in the Bluedio, and bought it off ebay by using a 100/- off coupon. The seller was quick to ship, and I was pleasantly surprised when it reached me This thing is really tiny, and well built. I did some testing for coverage, and was happy that there was no loss of signal or delay in transmission even when I was across the room from the Bluedio.

So boys and gals, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking

PS: The red bindhi on the 'Call Answer/Reject' button is for me to have a feel of the button when I am riding. That button also activates Voice Dialing on my iPhone 4.

PPS: The mic on the Bluedio is near the clip, not facing the helmet opening. So wind from an open visor does not create distortion when on call. And once I close the visor, my helmet cuts out a lot of ambient noise and I have my own private media center .
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1177.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1180.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1182.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1183.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1184.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1186.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1187.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-_mg_1188.jpg  

astrono_me is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 00:54   #775
BHPian

hello t-bhpians!

can someone please suggest me a helmet which matches with my teal green classic 500? my budget is between 1000-2000
Old 28th May 2012, 11:04   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
hello t-bhpians!

can someone please suggest me a helmet which matches with my teal green classic 500? my budget is between 1000-2000
I've seen a Vega / Vemar that comes in a white/leaf green combo.
Old 4th June 2012, 19:22   #777
BHPian

Hey guys! Just bought the SOL SL68S helmet. It cost me Rs4500 over here. I must say, it is an excellent helmet for the price. Fit is a little tight, but I guess it'll set well over time. I'm attaching a few pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc_1073.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc_1075.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc_1076.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc_1079.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc_1085.jpg  

Old 4th June 2012, 21:30   #778
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
hello t-bhpians!

Go for MPA Flash. It fits perfectly on your budget.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 10:47   #779
BHPian

Guys any shop in Bangalore where I can buy a helmet without bargaining? I suck at that and doubt any shops near Urvashi theater are fixed priced shops. I read Aditya's post about Orion in Forum mall but want to know more if possible. My budget is up-to 2.5K.

Thanks,
Akshay
Old 5th June 2012, 15:02   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys any shop in Bangalore where I can buy a helmet without bargaining? I suck at that and doubt any shops near Urvashi theater are fixed priced shops. I read Aditya's post about Orion in Forum mall but want to know more if possible. My budget is up-to 2.5K.
Akshay, most shops quote a bit more than the actual selling price so you have to haggle if you want a good deal.

I recommend you the following shops as they are helpful, friendly and trustworthy.

1. Megha Enterprises (Opp. MTR hotel, Lalbagh rd.). Speak with Mr. Gaurav

2. Helmet Paradise - Next to MTR hotel, lalbagh rd. Speak with Mr. Ramesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks