Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 11:43   #1021
BANNED

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

This could be a repeat question being asked for many but please help me out guys:

I am in need to replace my helmet that I use. I have two helmets lying with me and is there any place or way to get rid of them?

Can they be exchanged for a new one?

I hardly use the bike (may be once or twice a week) so need a decent helmet.

Anurag.
Old 14th October 2013, 12:32   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This could be a repeat question being asked for many but please help me out guys:

I am in need to replace my helmet that I use. I have two helmets lying with me and is there any place or way to get rid of them?

Can they be exchanged for a new one?

I hardly use the bike (may be once or twice a week) so need a decent helmet.

Anurag.
Don't think there is a great market for used helmets. People don't bother to wear a helmet out here in India. they wear it just to get past the cops.

Am not trying to discourage you. But if the helmets are un-used, then you could put it up on T-BHP classifieds or OLX or places like that.

what kind of bike do you ride? what kind of money are you willing to put in (for safety)?
Old 14th October 2013, 13:09   #1023
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Don't think there is a great market for used helmets. People don't bother to wear a helmet out here in India. they wear it just to get past the cops.

Am not trying to discourage you. But if the helmets are un-used, then you could put it up on T-BHP classifieds or OLX or places like that.

what kind of bike do you ride? what kind of money are you willing to put in (for safety)?
The helmets are used and not worth giving to any. Is there a procedure to destroy the old helmets then?

I am ready to add in 1-1.5 K for the new helmet. I will buy a better once I start using the bike regularly. I commute to work by car so the bike is more or less idle at home.

I ride a Karizma R.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th October 2013 at 13:10.
Old 14th October 2013, 13:18   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The helmets are used and not worth giving to any. Is there a procedure to destroy the old helmets then?

I am ready to add in 1-1.5 K for the new helmet. I will buy a better once I start using the bike regularly. I commute to work by car so the bike is more or less idle at home.

I ride a Karizma R.

Anurag.
Then you probably will just have to destroy it or go to the helmet stores locally and see if they give you any sort of discount.

Try SOL or LS2 range. from 2.5k to about 5/6K - you should land up with a decent lid.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:29   #1025
BHPian

Shoei launches the RF1200. Totally redesigned, liked the pinlock shield

Old 15th October 2013, 22:26   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Don't think they may start off with rebates. They sure going to have the latest stuff though. Would be great if there are rebates. :-)
indeed. But hoping they host some sorta annual sale. What are the approx pricing for a Dianese jackets in India?
Old 15th October 2013, 22:38   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
indeed. But hoping they host some sorta annual sale. What are the approx pricing for a Dianese jackets in India?
Yet to be properly launched. Once launched, I intend to go check it out and will update. :-)
Old 24th October 2013, 19:01   #1028
Senior - BHPian

It is time to replace my lid. Currently I am using a made in India AGV. I have a budget of 5K, and I have no affection to any color or design.
Which is the safest helmet I can buy below 5K? Do we get any Snell certified helmets in India for 5K?

I have heard Studds Scorpion Sports and Vega Axor/Vega Cara are made for exports and have better quality, but do they really offer the same protection like SOL or Cross helmets?

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 24th October 2013 at 19:06.
Old 25th October 2013, 03:32   #1029
Senior - BHPian

I paid about 6500 for the SOL. So you might be better off stretching your budget & buying it
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 10:43   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I paid about 6500 for the SOL. So you might be better off stretching your budget & buying it
Thank you Bro. Can you give me some details like the model number and the shop from where you purchased your lid?

I am now looking at SOL SL-68S II (Solid color) and SF-1 (Solid Color). Between these two, which one will be more comfortable and will offer better safety\protection? Is it really worth paying almost 1000 INR extra (as per the SPG website) for SF-1 over SL-68S II?

Do we still get AGV helmets in India? Past few days, I have seen couple of people wearing AGV open \half face helmet and they did look new (both where riding gearless scooters with no other protection gear, so I assume they are not imported).

--Anoop
Old 25th October 2013, 11:57   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

Thank you Bro. Can you give me some details like the model number and the shop from where you purchased your lid?

I am now looking at SOL SL-68S II (Solid color) and SF-1 (Solid Color). Between these two, which one will be more comfortable and will offer better safety\protection? Is it really worth paying almost 1000 INR extra (as per the SPG website) for SF-1 over SL-68S II?

Do we still get AGV helmets in India? Past few days, I have seen couple of people wearing AGV open \half face helmet and they did look new (both where riding gearless scooters with no other protection gear, so I assume they are not imported).

--Anoop
I have the 68s. Link in The 390 accessories thread & a webbikeworld link to Helmet buying in this thread

There are locally made (under license) AGV helmets. Be sure what you want.
Old 29th October 2013, 15:43   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the 68s. Link in The 390 accessories thread & a webbikeworld link to Helmet buying in this thread

There are locally made (under license) AGV helmets. Be sure what you want.
Have shortlisted the SOL SL-68S II (Solid color) and SF-1 (Solid Color) finally. Need to call up Let's gear up to ask if they have stocks, and in the event that they do not have stocks, any other reliable places in Bangalore to pick up these helmets?

I have been trying to call Lets Gear up using the number I got from their FB page today, but the phone is out of coverage area :(

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 29th October 2013 at 15:45.
Old 29th October 2013, 16:49   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Try this #: +91 9901550880 or info@letsgearup.in
Old 29th October 2013, 17:49   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try this #: +91 9901550880 or info@letsgearup.in
Yes, that is the number I am trying. Thanks for the e-mail ID, will drop a mail for sure.
Old 29th October 2013, 21:17   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

--Anoop
The Enfield branded helmets are probably made by India AGV. They have the AGV mark.
click is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed