Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:54   #1201
BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

How are AGV helmets priced in India and are they available online? I saw a few at the RE showroom as they have a tie up with AGV and they make custom helmets for RE now. But they were not comfortable and were upwards of 5K.
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:06   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
How are AGV helmets priced in India and are they available online? I saw a few at the RE showroom as they have a tie up with AGV and they make custom helmets for RE now. But they were not comfortable and were upwards of 5K.
AGV along with DIANESE now has an official store in banglore i believe.
Not sure about which model you have seen at RE showroom.

I personally use a AGV K3 helmet and i am totally in love with it.
Sourced it from UK(then there was no official dealership here)

Regards,
harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:33   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Doc, if you've been used to the AGV, I honestly can't see you being happy with Studds.
Ram, just to clarify, mine were the Indian AGVs (made under license by MPA in Gujarat). The ones which used to cost 2-2.5K. Not the costly imported ones. But very neat visors for sure, and unlike for most others with smaller heads, it does not look disproportional or like a huge anda on mine.
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:37   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Ram, just to clarify, mine were the Indian AGVs (made under license by MPA in Gujarat). The ones which used to cost 2-2.5K. Not the costly imported ones. But very neat visors for sure, and unlike for most others with smaller heads, it does not look disproportional or like a huge anda on mine.
I had an earlier 2005 AGV I bought for 2600, came with an MPA and ISI sticker. They were built much better, a friend bought an AGV in 2007 in which the MPA logo and ISI was a part of the helmet, his helmet came apart in couple of years whereas mine still looks good with all pads, Velcro intact to this day.
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:48   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I had an earlier 2005 AGV I bought for 2600, came with an MPA and ISI sticker. They were built much better, a friend bought an AGV in 2007 in which the MPA logo and ISI was a part of the helmet, his helmet came apart in couple of years whereas mine still looks good with all pads, Velcro intact to this day.
I agree. Mine (plain white one) is from around the same time. Ashok here also still uses his, a red one with graphics, which is probably even older. Btw, mine had no MPA anywhere. Only the tricolor AGV stickers on the front forehead and at the back. These used to come in white, black, red, blue, and yellow.
Old 4th March 2014, 15:40   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Last night I was driving on Lalbagh road - Just before Urvashi Theatre, I saw a brand new LS2 showroom.

Has anyone visited them? In a fleeting glance (as I was driving past) I could see the store brightly lit and a very prominent name board, but not sure if anything was stocked inside.

Qn is - is that the "Original" LS2 or just an outlet of the regular LS2's that is available all around that area.
Old 5th March 2014, 00:27   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Last night I was driving on Lalbagh road - Just before Urvashi Theatre, I saw a brand new LS2 showroom.

Has anyone visited them? In a fleeting glance (as I was driving past) I could see the store brightly lit and a very prominent name board, but not sure if anything was stocked inside.

Qn is - is that the "Original" LS2 or just an outlet of the regular LS2's that is available all around that area.
I went and picked up an LS2 from the new showroom on lalbagh road. I was looking for Megha when i spotted this one ahead. Picked up a neat plain matt black LS2 50 for my bike, which is being delivered this month.

They have a good variety (only LS2). however, they did not give me a proper bill, so this can't be a company outlet.
Old 6th March 2014, 13:08   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

For my Bonnie, Iam looking to buy a pure white helmet.

I checked out LS2 and dealer here said he will get a white one in 10 days

Also liked a new manafacturer in market called MT. Dealer here claims its a spanish company. Liked this helmet better than LS2 and there was one which was plain matt black and looked good. And, he is quoting one month of more to get me a white one.

Does anyone know which manafacturer has a white color full-face helmet minus the graphics?
Old 6th March 2014, 13:27   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Does anyone know which manafacturer has a white color full-face helmet minus the graphics?
The Studds Shifter I posted on the previous page. Scorpion/Rhyno too have solid whites. Vega Axor too would have solid white. AGV used to. Dont know about the others.
Old 6th March 2014, 14:05   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Studds Shifter I posted on the previous page. Scorpion/Rhyno too have solid whites. Vega Axor too would have solid white. AGV used to. Dont know about the others.
Thanks. Can you post the Studds image again, not able to find it. Arent they just ISI approved which I feel is just a farce

Iam looking at a helmet that has atleast a DOT certified and have a budget of 5K for same.

Looked at Scorpion but, they just have Silver and Black. No white
Old 6th March 2014, 14:14   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can you post the Studds image again, not able to find it. Arent they just ISI approved which I feel is just a farce

Iam looking at a helmet that has atleast a DOT certified and have a budget of 5K for same.

Looked at Scorpion but, they just have Silver and Black. No white
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3381148

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3381169

Hope that helps. I'm probably going to be picking up the fluoroscent green one (bored of all white sans graphics for 10+ years).
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 14:20   #1212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope that helps. I'm probably going to be picking up the fluoroscent green one (bored of all white sans graphics for 10+ years).
Thanks Doc. Iam looking at exactly the same LS2 that you posted. Now can you help me point to an online place where i can buy as brick and mortar folks dont seem to have it

Will do my own T related graphics on it
Old 6th March 2014, 14:40   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Doc. Iam looking at exactly the same LS2 that you posted. Now can you help me point to an online place where i can buy as brick and mortar folks dont seem to have it

Have seen white SOL 68sII in SPG website.
Old 6th March 2014, 14:48   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just Google for Studds Shifter - ebay, snapdeal, etc. seem to be selling these. I however want to actually try it on for size first (have a long face and on some helmet models the chin bar does not cover my chin and lower jaw properly).
Old 6th March 2014, 15:50   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
For my Bonnie, Iam looking to buy a pure white helmet.
SOL SF-1 should be available in white colour, and should fit your budget too. However, it was surprisingly heavy compared to my LS2. I assume you have visited Dynamic Ryderz, the only dealer for MT helmets in Hyd. I believe they will be stocking SOL helmets also soon.

Most Viewed