Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:59   #211

KBC helmet, Alpinestar or Joe Rocket Hand Gloves

Hi
It's time for me to buy a new helmet and i am inclined towards KBC (VR-2R) any reviews from users, also who provides better hand gloves Alpinestar or Joerocket ?
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:26   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
Hi
It's time for me to buy a new helmet and i am inclined towards KBC (VR-2R) any reviews from users, also who provides better hand gloves Alpinestar or Joerocket ?
Gloves?--sure you might get replies here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ar-thread.html

helmets--KBC is a good brand(an American i think) though Joe Rocket makes some cool helmets,
check here
New Page 1

best of luck

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd February 2010 at 22:29.
Old 3rd February 2010, 01:49   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Joe Rocket makes some cool helmets,
Slight correction. Joe Rocket only designs their line of helmets, and outsources the manafacturing process to HJC. I could be wrong though.
KBC is a good entry level serious lid brand, the build is very HJC (if not slightly better) and are more suited for a snug fit, like the Shoei lids.
KBS has some superb looking helmets, the Gunslinge used to be on my wishlist until I bought the AGV XR2.

manson.
Old 3rd February 2010, 03:40   #214
Senior - BHPian

You should always check the shape and size of your head first before buying a helmet. There's nothing worse than a helmet that hurts after a while because its not suited to the heads shape. That is why I sold my HJC to a friend who fits perfectly into it.

I have a round head so the Shark fits well but I'm about to get an Arai which is specifically meant for round heads so that one should fit even better.

Last edited by straight6 : 3rd February 2010 at 03:42.
Old 3rd February 2010, 04:16   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Slight correction. Joe Rocket only designs their line of helmets, and outsources the manafacturing process to HJC. I could be wrong though.
KBC is a good entry level serious lid brand, the build is very HJC (if not slightly better) and are more suited for a snug fit, like the Shoei lids.
KBS has some superb looking helmets, the Gunslinge used to be on my wishlist until I bought the AGV XR2.

manson.
Yes you are right, JR outsources from HJC, everyone knows that, the hjc & joe rocket carbon fiber helmets are virtually identical..
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:42   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I have a round head so the Shark fits well but I'm about to get an Arai which is specifically meant for round heads so that one should fit even better.
would you be able to try out prior to your purchase? or give away to a friend again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79
JR outsources from HJC, everyone knows that, the hjc & joe rocket carbon fiber helmets are virtually identical..
my bad, never knew this and now that you and manson have mentioned i can see the light, thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:40   #217
BHPian

I've been using Volga Helmet for some time now , cost me around 1000 bucks , brought it directly from the factory in Belgaum , The build quality is very good , the sticker pattern (Force Model ) is one of the best I've seen on Indian made helmets. The fit is pretty snug.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

guys any idea of a good helmet shop in Mumbai?

Spike
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:34   #219
BHPian

How are the LS2 helmets in terms of reliability? They come at a price of around 3K which I believe is VFM too. I have seen some friends have LS2's and they look damn smart

EDIT: this is their website http://www.ls2helmets.es/
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:02   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
would you be able to try out prior to your purchase? or give away to a friend again?
I don't need to try out because I've studied the shape of my head and the helmet very well.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:17   #221

Thanks Riders,
bought myself KBC (VR-2R) Stealth today. very comfortable and snug fit.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:25   #222
Team-BHP Support

Spike, there are end number of helmet stores in Mumbai, which part of the city are you located?

Murtaza, my first parameter to judge a helmet is the safety standards the manafacturing standards confirm to. While ISI is good enough for the stuff made in India, lookout for a DOT or Snell rating for the imported stuff.
Post this, look at the fit, build quality, material of padding, graphics, etc and finally the cost.
Straight6 on multiple threads has mentioned 'spend as much as you possible can on a helmet' you could cost cut on that fancy exhaust-filter-sprocket upgrade, the head is most definitely more important.

Alligator, congratulations!

manson.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:25   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
'spend as much as you possible can on a helmet' you could cost cut on that fancy exhaust-filter-sprocket upgrade, the head is most definitely more important.
so true, my 2nd GP-One is purchased today(matte finish) and i shall get it by 10th feb,
the reason to go for this was size as i wasn't sure how sparx or lower end HJC's or KBC's would fit as i am currently using a GP-One and more than happy so stuck to it.(someone is bringing it for me and explained the shop keeper on phone about size and looks)
@alligator-good buy
^^getting a dsg and A* S-MX2 also
Old 4th February 2010, 11:07   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Spike, there are end number of helmet stores in Mumbai, which part of the city are you located?

Murtaza, my first parameter to judge a helmet is the safety standards the manafacturing standards confirm to. While ISI is good enough for the stuff made in India, lookout for a DOT or Snell rating for the imported stuff.
Post this, look at the fit, build quality, material of padding, graphics, etc and finally the cost.
Straight6 on multiple threads has mentioned 'spend as much as you possible can on a helmet' you could cost cut on that fancy exhaust-filter-sprocket upgrade, the head is most definitely more important.

Alligator, congratulations!

manson.
Thats a very good message out there for all the bikers around

I had a look at the LS2 helmets and the fit is finish is superb. It also has an ISI mark embossed (not just a sticker). Will look for the DOT or snell rating before I get one

Btw, here is a pic of friends' LS2 helmets composed as one pic.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-helms.jpg
Old 4th February 2010, 16:45   #225
BHPian

Can I find LS2 helmets in Chopra Helmets or Mahalaxmi? Also, how are these LS2 helmets?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks