Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 13:48   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Murtazaghiya what did this helmet cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Nice one, Murtazaghiya! Looks really cool!

+1 How much?
Thanks Anekho! The helmet cost me Rs. 3050/- which the owner said is a discounted price for my bike group. He said that nowhere in Pune the LS2 can be found below 4-4.5 K. Not sure how much that is true. Btw, some fellow members informed me that the same LS2 can be found for 2.2 -2.5K in Mumbai... Couldn't do much since I already bought it otherwise would have gone hunting for it in Mumbai
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:40   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Aditya , if u can stretch your budget for 2Ks more , u can get genuine AGV's. Or try Kawasaki helmets available @ there showrooms.
Thanks for the reply Anupam.

Kawasaki helmets are available at the Probiking showrooms? I asked if a bike cover is available for the Ninja and they had no clue on accessories.

Am on a budget as I need to pick up gloves, jacket and helmet. Gloves and jacket are going to be from Cramster for 1100/- and 5200/-respectively. Need a good helmet which fits my budget. IMO 7k is a bit too much as I wont be riding the bike much except for weekends. Plus I'm more into acceleration than top speeds. So i wont be doing near 140kmph or more unless I really gotta go...
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:00   #258
BHPian

then go for the AGV-MPA helmets what i have mentioned earlier. It must suit your budget.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:05   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
then go for the AGV-MPA helmets what i have mentioned earlier. It must suit your budget.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Will be going to JC road to see a few helmets on saturday and hope to narrow down my search. thanks again.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:14   #260
Senior - BHPian

aditya try SPARX helmets , they are available at orion yamaha on hosur road also .
Range starts from 5 K , looks good , I might also get one ,but they dint have XL .:( .

Last edited by black12rr : 3rd March 2010 at 14:24.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:41   #261
Team-BHP Support

Sparx is a very decent helmet AFAIK its range starts from 3.5K
Old 4th March 2010, 02:44   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sparx is a very decent helmet AFAIK its range starts from 3.5K
sparx helmets are not available for that price, i think u have misunderstood
Old 4th March 2010, 12:02   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Will be going to JC road to see a few helmets on saturday and hope to narrow down my search. thanks again.
Though AGV MPA helmets are pretty decent in terms of overall quality and finish, but as you are getting Ninja (i hope its green) you can also check the SB-10 model of Steelbird bieffe, this helmet is available in a nice green silver combination and the shell desgin is more attractive then AGV MPA. The only downside is that its a little on the heavier side. The asking price is 2100 rs here in delhi.

PS: Cover for Ninja is now available at probiking showroom at a price of 981 Rs. Check with your respective probiking showroom.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:44   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
aditya try SPARX helmets , they are available at orion yamaha on hosur road also .
Range starts from 5 K , looks good , I might also get one ,but they dint have XL .:( .
Thanks dude. Will check 'em out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Though AGV MPA helmets are pretty decent in terms of overall quality and finish, but as you are getting Ninja (i hope its green) you can also check the SB-10 model of Steelbird bieffe, this helmet is available in a nice green silver combination and the shell desgin is more attractive then AGV MPA. The only downside is that its a little on the heavier side. The asking price is 2100 rs here in delhi.

PS: Cover for Ninja is now available at probiking showroom at a price of 981 Rs. Check with your respective probiking showroom.
Thats nice to hear. The bike cover is surely on the list. Will check out the Steelbird helmet. thanks.

P.S. Yes, the ninja will be in green.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:15   #265
BHPian

Quote:

Thats nice to hear. The bike cover is surely on the list. Will check out the Steelbird helmet. thanks.

Hey I had gone shopping for some spares today when I came across this lid from Vega and thought it might be of interest to Green Ninja owners as a spare lid which they can use for basic around the corner rides & save their expensive lids for the proper weekend rides and stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc00683.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc00684.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-dsc00685.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 4th March 2010 at 23:21.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:09   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hey I had gone shopping for some spares today when I came across this lid from Vega and thought it might be of interest to Green Ninja owners as a spare lid which they can use for basic around the corner rides & save their expensive lids for the proper weekend rides and stuff.
Is this the AA helmet store on the link road in Goregaon?
Old 5th March 2010, 18:14   #267
BHPian

Quote:

I believe the PBK guys would be selling you the P220's body cover as a Ninja's cover(saw the Ninja's covered with the same one that I bought for my 220). If you have a friend of yours who has a P200 body cover, try it on the Ninja. If it fits well, probably ask them for a P220 cover. Who knows they might give you the same cover under the name "Ninja cover" and charge you more.
Old 6th March 2010, 13:21   #268

Visited Bachoo Motors at Tardeo yesterday looking for a helmet. He has a lot of variety in STM but the colours are too funky. Plus there is no DOT certification on these.

Spoke to the owner and he said he is getting RJays helmets down this month from Australia. He also said most of them are DOT and SNELL approved.

Checked his website www.bachoomotors.com and the lids looked pretty cool. Waiting for them to come to the store so I can decide.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:08   #269
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1767911-post15.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Boy, it doesn't cost 40K on a helmet; Genuine Arai/Shoei starts from 2.5-3K & goes up, but not till 40K.
Are you from planet earth?
check out the prices at any bike store and come back
the range tops at at ~45K but arai/shoei/suomy/nolan/bell etc for 3.5 what is your source of info for pricing?
Quote:
Probably a decent set of riding gears put together could cost 40K or more.
A decent set of riding gear(mesh) shall come for approx 15-20K

Quote:
2. Never go in for Arai/Shoei helmets, instead, have a good second set of helmets like Studds or Vega that you can afford to lock in the bike - but again the standard way of locking.
If any motorcyclist can afford, why not? i myself shall go in for a KBC/HJC

Last edited by Sheel : 6th March 2010 at 16:09.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:10   #270
Team-BHP Support

couldn't edit my post as time had lapsed but for 3.5K you might get cheek pads for Arai and the likes
Arai Corsair V Full Face Helmets @ Extreme Supply!

check out the price,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks