Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 18:41   #271
Senior - BHPian

Helmet Fit & Size Chart

Hell All,

I don't know if this info was there in the thread already, but I thought I will put in here (may be as a refresher).

Hope This would be useful

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-helmet.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-helmet-size-chart.jpg  

Old 6th March 2010, 19:19   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
I believe the PBK guys would be selling you the P220's body cover as a Ninja's cover(saw the Ninja's covered with the same one that I bought for my 220). If you have a friend of yours who has a P200 body cover, try it on the Ninja. If it fits well, probably ask them for a P220 cover. Who knows they might give you the same cover under the name "Ninja cover" and charge you more.
Nice conspiracy theory there Murtaza but the cover which i was talking about is a genuine one developed specially for Ninja 250 R only.
Few features of the same:
Materail Used: Dupont Tyvek
88%UV Resistent
60% Radient Heat Barrier
Breathable

PS: Sorry for the OT Mods but i felt that a clarification was required.
Old 6th March 2010, 19:31   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Nice conspiracy theory there Murtaza but the cover which i was talking about is a genuine one developed specially for Ninja 250 R only.
Few features of the same:
Materail Used: Dupont Tyvek
88%UV Resistent
60% Radient Heat Barrier
Breathable

PS: Sorry for the OT Mods but i felt that a clarification was required.
Is the Dupont cover available at the PBK centres? Btw, I was just making aditya aware so that the PBK guys do not cheat him.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 6th March 2010 at 19:33.
Old 7th March 2010, 05:27   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit7788 View Post
Visited Bachoo Motors at Tardeo yesterday looking for a helmet. He has a lot of variety in STM but the colours are too funky. Plus there is no DOT certification on these.

Spoke to the owner and he said he is getting RJays helmets down this month from Australia. He also said most of them are DOT and SNELL approved.

Checked his website www.bachoomotors.com and the lids looked pretty cool. Waiting for them to come to the store so I can decide.
The owner is s member on tbhp (ZULFI). You can pm him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
couldn't edit my post as time had lapsed but for 3.5K you might get cheek pads for Arai and the likes
Arai Corsair V Full Face Helmets @ Extreme Supply!

check out the price,
The extra visor for my Arai cost me 2.5K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Boy, it doesn't cost 40K on a helmet; Genuine Arai/Shoei starts from 2.5-3K & goes up, but not till 40K. Probably a decent set of riding gears put together could cost 40K or more.

Yes, its a sad state in this country that there're some hotels do a wallet parking for a M800 while the Ducati's & Ninjas are parked outside the hotel!!!

Recently, a friend of mine did a GQ in his Ninja; he'd to call up hotels & inform them that they need to provide a covered parking for his bike.

IMO, if the hotels & theatres don't allow helmets to be carried in there're several ways to handle:
1. Refuse - Just talk to one of their manager politely, tell them the cost of helmet & tell them the risk involved leaving the helmets & if they still don't allow, ask a refund for the ticket & never go over there again.
2. Never go in for Arai/Shoei helmets, instead, have a good second set of helmets like Studds or Vega that you can afford to lock in the bike - but again the standard way of locking.
3. Or how about having the lock in the engine crash bar provided your crash bar is not a straight one?

If you can get me a genuine Arai or Shoei for 3K (even used), I'll buy 10 of them! My Arai cost me 22K with a 10K discount .

I agree about the hotels not allowing bikes. That's crap.

I've yet to come across a hotel or theater not allowing me to take my helmet inside. I always take it inside.

Your idea about not buying expensive helmets and buying cheap Indian ones and then keeping them on the bike is rubbish. Here's why...

You should be wearing the best helmet when you crash. You may not get a second chance to wear you other helmets.

2. Helmets have something called an EPS. It contracts and absorbs the force when the helmet hits the pavement in a crash. Which means, even if you drop the helmet from waist high or bang it on some hard surface while carrying it, the EPS will do its thing and you won't even know it.

Now, if you crash in that helmet, its not going to offer any protection. So, when you keep a helmet on the bike, you won't even know if some idiot had dropped it and kept it back or if some other bike fell over and hit the helmet.

You can look at it in two ways. A helmet is like glass/crystal. If you drop it, its gone.

Or

Its like a condom. Once its done what it was supposed to do, it has to be thrown away .
Old 7th March 2010, 22:14   #275
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1769801-post24.html

Quote:
Sheel, I don't intend to argue or OT here; I know several people buying Arai from one of the reputed helmet shop in Chennai for around 3K & I personally intend to buy one; If I get one around for that price, I'll post the bill here
have you heard the word fake/duplicate?

2.5K is the helmet's visor cost(for original) and you expect it to get for 3K?
please do it ASAP, i will buy 4 pieces and S6 shall buy 10, you have 14 confirmed orders, if the Arai being sold in chennai is genuine
waiting for favors
as per you how much difference would be there between Arai and Studds/Vega? a measly 1.5K-2K?so is it worth going for Studds/Vega when Arai comes for 3K?
any other international brand the Chennai shop stocks?and any helmet they have over 3K?

^^India is growing at a fast pace, didn't expect fake Arai's to land on our shores this fast

Last edited by Sheel : 7th March 2010 at 22:23.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:28   #276
Senior - BHPian

You're right, they cost nothing less than 25K here.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:19   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're right, they cost nothing less than 25K here.
Being sarcastic doesn't make you wiser. Buy your Arai and post pictures here then we'll know how genuine it is.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:47   #278
BHPian

Aargee may be talking about Concorde helmets which used to be tied up with Arai sometime back like MPA with AGV. AFAIK, their partnership ended sometime back.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:21   #279
BHPian

I bought LS2 helmet.

@murt.

Hey the helmet which you had bought is available in bangalore. It cost 4500 rs.

I bought the LS2 last saturday. Initial price was told to be 4.5k.i bargained it to 3.5k. But i didnot purchase any design ones. Mine is matte black with 2 yrs warranty on the helmet. As a compliment i got new studds visor for free for my old helmet. since they dint have stocks they removed it from new studds helmet and gave it to me. I didnot have mood for hard bargains.

I know i would have got another 200 to 300 rs if i had bargained hard. Anyway i got a warranty card from LS2. and usage instruction card. a soft cloth to wipe the helmet. A head cloth (dunno what exactly say, we put it on head before putting the helmet on) 2 nos, with a LS2 sticker which can be stuck on helmet if u need it. It has DOT mark carved in back as same as yours. They did not give me box for ls2 helmet as they said it comes in container and they can give me vega box.

I refused to take that box. hence they gave me LS2 helmet carry bag. it can be put around ur back to carry the helmet.

All in all a nice very satisfied with the helmet. and fits also fine. it has very nice ventilation.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:03   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
@murt.

I bought the LS2 last saturday. Initial price was told to be 4.5k.i bargained it to 3.5k. But i didnot purchase any design ones. Mine is matte black with 2 yrs warranty on the helmet. As a compliment i got new studds visor for free for my old helmet. since they dint have stocks they removed it from new studds helmet and gave it to me. I didnot have mood for hard bargains.

I know i would have got another 200 to 300 rs if i had bargained hard. Anyway i got a warranty card from LS2. and usage instruction card. a soft cloth to wipe the helmet. A head cloth (dunno what exactly say, we put it on head before putting the helmet on) 2 nos, with a LS2 sticker which can be stuck on helmet if u need it. It has DOT mark carved in back as same as yours. They did not give me box for ls2 helmet as they said it comes in container and they can give me vega box.

I refused to take that box. hence they gave me LS2 helmet carry bag. it can be put around ur back to carry the helmet.

All in all a nice very satisfied with the helmet. and fits also fine. it has very nice ventilation.
Great, Congrats!! Where did you buy the helmet?
Old 8th March 2010, 14:13   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
@murt.

Hey, I did not get any of those things Just got the helmet and the bag you got and the LS2 box. Thats it... Will check with him for the booklet and the sticker. Btw, he gave me a vega sweat cap to be worn inside the helmet over the head. He said he will give me a full face mask called the Balkalava. Let me check with him...
Old 8th March 2010, 14:44   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Great, Congrats!! Where did you buy the helmet?
@Paw,
I bought it from helmet paradise. i bargained very very hard. but he was not ready to come to my price of 3.5k.. then when i started walking out of the place he called me n gave it for 3.5k. i also asked him to change the helmet wisor for the old one. he said its not in stocks. but then after buying this helmet and receiving the bill he asked the helper to get ninja studds new helmet and removed the wisor from it and fitted it. he asked money but i said im not gonna pay him. he agreed. i think this LS2 helmets can be bargained for another 300 to 400 rs if u do it hard. i chose not to do it. And when i was about to leave th showroom he called me back and gave the warranty card, which had card, usage instruction card, a ls2 sticker and two sweat cap for the head which was in a packet. which also had a silica packets.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:34   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Btw, I was just making aditya aware so that the PBK guys do not cheat him.
Thanks MG. Will check before I buy.

Thanks to all those who replied to my queries. I appreciate the help.

Saw the range of riding gears stocked at Orion Yamaha, opposite Forum mall.

The Imported AGV's cost 8.5k upwards. Tried MPA and the Indian AGV. Personally liked the MPA ones as the latter was heavier than the MPA.

Any feedback on the MPA helmets? The one i saw had removable inner padding and cost around 3k. Cross was almost on the same lines of the Imported AGV's so they are out of reach.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:54   #284
Senior - BHPian

Need some inputs on my upcoming helmet purchase.

I went to Balaji helmets in blore near the MTR resto and checked out Cross and LS2 helmets.

Liked Cross better for some reason and was quoted 3.3K for a particular model in XL size. Comes with a skull cap and a bag to carry the lid.

The guy claimed it is CEE certified (europe) but the strap had only some CE-9 tag. Not sure if this is the same certification. There was a DOT sticker on the shell but anyone can paste a sticker, so not sure if Cross confirms to any international standards of safety.

Please let me know if Cross is a good buy and if it comes with an international safety standard certification. I have seen an R1 rider with a cross helmet but google had no info on Cross helmets. What is the correct certification for Cross? I dont trust the stickers and tag's on the helmet.

Please help me choose between cross and LS2 and if these are worth buying.

What I need is a good helmet with a good certificate of safety and with removable liners. Also with XL the helmet moves a wee bit when i shake my head. but it is a snug fit and is pretty tight while wearing and removing it. Is this the right size for me ?

P.S. Checked the same brands in other shops in the area and the price was higher by 500 bucks.

Another helmet that grabbed my attention was the LS2 Phobia helmet which is available online at On The Rocks-The Adventure Store.

Please see pics below. I was quoted 3.8k for it which comes with a warranty of 12 months (bill included). The seller, Mr. Ved couriers the helmet from hyd.

Mr.V said the helmet is EEC certified (Europe). I like the helmet but since my ninja is a good 2 months away, I want to make an informed and well thought purchase. Do let me know if this price is OK.

Which one is the best bet when it comes to safety? please help guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-phobia1.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-phobia3.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 22:08   #285
Senior - BHPian

guys, pls help me choose. mighty confused.

another brand i came across today... the RJays helmet and apparently it is on eBay for 4.2k with free shipping included.

Please let me know if this is a good brand. The seller cites that it confirms to Australian safety standards AS/NZS 1698.

eBay India: RJays Apex Helmet Gloss Black ( Australian ) (item 260577760517 end time 29-Apr-2010 15:57:41 IST)

I have shortlisted LS2 also. I find the RJays pretty neat. Although Cross is also on my list, I have no info on the certification. No info here either. So it is on hold now.

Please let me know if this RJays is a good and safe helmet and if the price is justified. Is it possible to source visors for this helmet easily in the local accessory shops?

P.S. For a green Ninja what color is best suited? This helmet comes in Gloss Black, Matt Black and plain white colors.

My gear will be a Cramster Jacker (Black or Black/Silver) and Black DSG Revive gloves.

Most Viewed