Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 02:03   #286
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro, no clue about the RJays and LS2 but I also bought the Cross helmet from Balaji.
I have used it for about 900 kms now and find it to be good value for money. The visor is tinted and even while night riding does not scatter the light. The helmet itself feels very comfortable with all the air vents working like the way they should. I just checked the certificate that I got with it and it only mentions the ISO cert., so am not sure about the other ones.

When you are spending so much on the Ninja, why not save for a couple of months more and go for an imported one? I know its a little tough but then how many times does one buy a helmet and that too such a crucial piece of equipment, especially for a high performance bike. Think about it.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:54   #287
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sammy. I have around 2 months till the bike is delivered. Will look on the net for some good deals else will pick up an AGV or equivalent (imported) which are available here at the Yamaha showrooms.

Man this shopping thing is so confusing. Wonder how women deal with it.
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:49   #288
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used Aaron Helmets? I happened to see a few helmets today, would like to know a few things about Aaron Hybrid helmets-
1. What quality is it, good or bad?
2. On a scale of 1-10 how much do you rate it?
3. Is the air vent useful or is it just for show?
4. Would you recommend this?
5. Is the visor scratch resistant?

Also what are good options at a price range of 1500 Rs.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 3rd April 2010 at 19:53. Reason: add info
Old 4th April 2010, 08:46   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Has anyone used Aaron Helmets? I happened to see a few helmets today, would like to know a few things about Aaron Hybrid helmets-
1. What quality is it, good or bad?
2. On a scale of 1-10 how much do you rate it?
3. Is the air vent useful or is it just for show?
4. Would you recommend this?
5. Is the visor scratch resistant?

Also what are good options at a price range of 1500 Rs.

Spike
AVOID

The helmet might appear good, but its visor has power in-built, the way spectacles have, i tried many and found all of them to be the same, same goes for AutoGreen helmet,
Bump your budget by Rs. 500 and go for MPA agv, worth every penny you spend
Old 4th April 2010, 10:58   #290
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply, i will look out for MPA AGV helmets.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:56   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

I have shortlisted LS2 also. I find the RJays pretty neat. Although Cross is also on my list, I have no info on the certification. No info here either. So it is on hold now.

Please let me know if this RJays is a good and safe helmet and if the price is justified. Is it possible to source visors for this helmet easily in the local accessory shops?

P.S. For a green Ninja what color is best suited? This helmet comes in Gloss Black, Matt Black and plain white colors.
Hey n_aditya
Cross is ECE certified. Its pretty good and i am currently using one. Dont have much info on Rjays. LS2 is pretty good too, though i am not too fond of the twin spoiler/airvent atop the LS2. They tend to crack/ get dislodged with minor impacts.
Congrats on your pick of the kawasaki. Given ur gear i would suggest u stick to a plain matt black helmet with a silver coloured visor(personally i dont like the rainbow effect on a single colour helmet).
Take a look at KBC helmets as well. They are snell certified. from all the info i have gathered during my helmet hunting days, certification is as follows, Snell>ECE>DOT, so snell certification is the most stringent. It costs about 9.5k, though take a look around as i have found a discounted last piece for 5.5k, pity though it wasnt a fitting size. Hope the above puts some of ur confusion to rest.
Cheers and enjoy the ninja
Old 5th April 2010, 10:13   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks Sammy. I have around 2 months till the bike is delivered. Will look on the net for some good deals else will pick up an AGV or equivalent (imported) which are available here at the Yamaha showrooms.

Man this shopping thing is so confusing. Wonder how women deal with it.
I have been using an LS2 for more than a month now. Fits well and looks great

Btw, have you also checked out other brands like Daijya, HJC, etc. Personally don't like the shell design of the MPA AGV. Cross is a bit heavier than other helmets, thats the reason I didn't go fo it.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:34   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Btw, have you also checked out other brands like Daijya, HJC, etc. Personally don't like the shell design of the MPA AGV. Cross is a bit heavier than other helmets, thats the reason I didn't go fo it.
+1 on the shell designs of AGV, i too didnt like those. As for the Daijya, i took a good look at those. some how i felt that it was priced too high for the product being sold. with the visor closed there is a glaring gap between the beading and visor and i am sure that there would be a lot of water seepage in the monsoons. also the fit and finish is not at par with cross, AGV KBC or the likes there off.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:42   #294
Team-BHP Support

Is Sparx snell approved or just DOT approved?
Old 10th April 2010, 14:05   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
2. Helmets have something called an EPS. .
expanded polystyrene

^^the timing elapsed prior to i could edit and post in one
Old 17th April 2010, 09:41   #296
BHPian

Hi, the budget is decided and I am on the hunt for a a helmet under 2500 rupees (strictly). The helmet should be light, stylish, ergonomic and thoroughly protective. I am looking for a full face helmet and am not in favour of modular helmets at all. Please guide me as soon as possible. I will be buying it today itself. Please suggest me good places to buy helmets in SOUTH DELHI.
Best Regards
Abhinav Sharma
Old 17th April 2010, 10:25   #297
BHPian

And what is the difference between Indian AGV and MPA AGV? Both have different comments in this thread.
Old 17th April 2010, 17:06   #298
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2010 at 09:54.
abhipuru16 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2010, 09:20   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
And what is the difference between Indian AGV and MPA AGV? Both have different comments in this thread.
The difference is in the quality and also in the price. But MPA AGV is a good option.
Old 18th April 2010, 09:28   #300
BHPian

Okay, so I saw a lot of MPA helmets here at Reliance Autozone, Crown Interiorz, Faridabad. But, hey! do the MPA AGV have "MPA AGV" written on the box or is it just MPA? Here, I saw mostly helmets with "MPA" boxes.
Did you ever see MPA AGV helmets at Reliance Autozone if you ever went there?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 18th April 2010 at 09:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks