Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2011, 00:40   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
LS2 FF 358.1 Concept Gloss White.
The helmet looks great, IronWolf! If you don't mind sharing, how much did the LS2 cost?
Old 1st November 2011, 17:28   #572
BHPian

Picked up a black Vega Boolean recently. Noticed loud wind noise around my left ear at around 50-60kph. Also, the quality of the panels around the clear visor hinge leaves a lot to be desired. Plus points are the retractable tinted inner visor, the generous venting, good level of comfort, and of course the fact that its a modular helmet.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:18   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If anyone else buying this helmet / Has this helmet - Will Exchange my mercury visor for a clear one
Let me add - even if your FF 358 (pump helmet) visor is used and unscratched will exchange with my mercury visor still with sticker. No am not that daft to use the helmet with the visor sticker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
The helmet looks great, IronWolf! If you don't mind sharing, how much did the LS2 cost?
Let me ask for best prices people have got for this.
I think I got an excellent price for it, will share in a bit.
Old 7th November 2011, 20:57   #574
BHPian

Finally, what is the price you paid? The reason I ask is because I need to buy one. Please can you also mention the shop name? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Let me add - even if your FF 358 (pump helmet) visor is used and unscratched will exchange with my mercury visor still with sticker. No am not that daft to use the helmet with the visor sticker)

Let me ask for best prices people have got for this.
I think I got an excellent price for it, will share in a bit.
Old 8th November 2011, 20:56   #575
BHPian

Hi,

Which helmet is best to keep out the dust and smoke? I'll be using a two-wheeler only for short city rides. Since I am allergic to dust, even a short city ride is problematic.

Which is the best place to buy one in Bangalore?

Thank You

VW

Last edited by VindyWheels : 8th November 2011 at 20:58.
Old 8th November 2011, 22:42   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Finally, what is the price you paid? The reason I ask is because I need to buy one. Please can you also mention the shop name? Thanks in advance.

I just brought LS350.5 black and white cartoon from Pro Biker, Camp Pune.

Price :- Helmet - 2500 + Balaclava - 300

Have a look

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-07112011168.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-07112011167.jpg

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 10th November 2011, 13:32   #577

Guys,
Can anyone suggest me a good Helmet dealer in Chennai. I've seen a lot, but wasn't really impressed by what they had to offer. Also, I need suggestions on buying a good helmet that is affordable for daily road use by today's line-up.

Thank you.
Old 10th November 2011, 20:12   #578

I think it would be a good idea to check out both Sparx and Joe Rocket both are available in India. Also check ebay you do get some really good deals at times. Bell Helmets had this famous tagline 'if you have a $10 head get a $10 helmet' Go for the best you can afford. Quality pays
Pattam1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 16:15   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattam1234 View Post
I think it would be a good idea to check out both Sparx and Joe Rocket both are available in India. Also check ebay you do get some really good deals at times. Bell Helmets had this famous tagline 'if you have a $10 head get a $10 helmet' Go for the best you can afford. Quality pays
Thanks mate, will look for a good one online. I'm confined to a budget of 3k (My head is much more costlier though :P )

BTW, this is what I currently use. What do you guys think? I somehow have this insecure feeling when I'm using it and hence my quest for a better, safer helmet.

VEGA Eclipse [ISI] - Cruiser Helmet w/Built in Retractable Goggles-BUY NOW! | eBay
Old 13th November 2011, 21:42   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Naresh - Costed 2900 - Megha Enterprises
Old 14th November 2011, 21:52   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naresh - Costed 2900 - Megha Enterprises
I got cheated. By over 500 bucks. Balaji Helmets. Near Urvashi.

I could sense like a sucker as I walked out. They seem to quote arbitrary prices. This guy behind the counter quoted 4,200 to me. I negotiated a couple of hundred and while he was fetching the piece, I heard another counter guy quote 500 less to another person who just walked in. When my sales guy came, I quoted this and he was not very happy but agreed to give at that price. And then I realized that I was being fooled. That price too was over 500 more than your price.

Be careful of Balaji Helmets. They quote way above the price they sell. Bargain by 35% if you still choose to go there.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:10   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Balaji helmets and Helmet Paradise (next to MTR hotel) belong to the same people. Bargain hard and stick to your ground. Pretend to walk out and they'll sell it at your price.

Beware especially when buying jackets, gloves etc. When i wanted to procure a pair of gloves i was quoted 2k more than its list price (DSG revive costs 1900 but i was quoted 4k for it). I placed an order online and got it delivered within 24 hrs.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:21   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I could sense like a sucker as I walked out. They seem to quote arbitrary prices. This guy behind the counter quoted 4,200 to me. I negotiated a couple of hundred and while he was fetching the piece, I heard another counter guy quote 500 less to another person who just walked in. When my sales guy came, I quoted this and he was not very happy but agreed to give at that price. And then I realized that I was being fooled. That price too was over 500 more than your price.

Be careful of Balaji Helmets. They quote way above the price they sell. Bargain by 35% if you still choose to go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Balaji helmets and Helmet Paradise (next to MTR hotel) belong to the same people. Bargain hard and stick to your ground. Pretend to walk out and they'll sell it at your price.

Beware especially when buying jackets, gloves etc. When i wanted to procure a pair of gloves i was quoted 2k more than its list price (DSG revive costs 1900 but i was quoted 4k for it). I placed an order online and got it delivered within 24 hrs.

Yes,the Balaji helmets are the most cunning cheaters in have seen!! Even i got cheated there when i bought a Vega helmet.I bargained a discount of 300 bucks and finally when i paid the money they didnt give the bill saying that the amount i paid is without bill and if i want bill they will add tax extra . I dunno if Helmet paradise are any better! I vowed not to step foot in that shop once again!

Aditya,you know any shop in bangalore where i can get helmets and jackets without getting fleeced?
Old 15th November 2011, 11:26   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes,the Balaji helmets are the most cunning cheaters in have seen!! Even i got cheated there when i bought a Vega helmet.I bargained a discount of 300 bucks and finally when i paid the money they didnt give the bill saying that the amount i paid is without bill and if i want bill they will add tax extra . I dunno if Helmet paradise are any better! I vowed not to step foot in that shop once again!

Aditya,you know any shop in bangalore where i can get helmets and jackets without getting fleeced?
You can buy from Orion motors (behind Forum Mall) Bangalore.

They mostly are out of stock so I would suggest you try them for size and order fresh from their importers. Orion is a stockist for Performance Racing Store (mumbai), Planet DSG (Pune), Bachoo Motors (mumbai).
Old 15th November 2011, 13:15   #585
BHPian

Picked LS2 Phobia from Helmet Paradise, Lal Bagh main road.
Bought it for 2.6k after some hard negotiation. Initial quoted price was 3.6k
Got 2 head masks also free with this.

Also he gave a string bag to carry the helmet, hope all LS2 helmets comes with the string bag now by default.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_2459.jpg

Most Viewed