Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 19:26   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand
Congrats shubz, I took the same model but in red with no discount in spite of bargaining. :-( Thanks a lot to all for the inputs.

The air pump though works in my case. IMO your helmet may be a size too big.
Not big for my head sir. Tried quite a few brands. KBC Sparkz Novo AGV. Particularly liked the carbon fibre one of Daijya but was too expensive. Used Aditya's name for the discount. Concerned about the pump. Big or small there should be some action on pumping and/or releasing right? I only hear a squeaky noise while pumping. :(

Edit: I just spoke to them and he said it is just a minor adjustment and he will do it for me and I will have to take it to him. On another note, he was saying: I know you liked http://www.planetdsg.com/daijya-gfit...ck-p-1414.html - so you take that, I will give you a better price (last quoted price was 12900) but I find it too expensive as I believe the lid that I got is good enough for my usage. Still waiting for more advise/comments to pour in. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Shubz : 4th February 2012 at 19:49.
Old 4th February 2012, 23:32   #647
BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

^^ I too tried all the brands but for Nuvo and liked Daijya Samurai in particular for its design, paint quality and air pump. For my use and humble Karizma I thought this was sufficient than any CF ones. There was a CF LS2 also which was good and priced similar to Daijya.

Personally, if I was in the market for Rs.12000 helmet and a better bike, would never look at Daijya due to its shady lack of presence in other countries and ECE sticker. In fact I am still in doubt whether its better in terms of safety than my previous MPA AGV. Only other place Daijya is seen is in Bike magazine and thats about it. I am actually now worried if its a safe helmet.
Old 5th February 2012, 00:12   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand
^^ I too tried all the brands but for Nuvo and liked Daijya Samurai in particular for its design, paint quality and air pump. For my use and humble Karizma I thought this was sufficient than any CF ones. There was a CF LS2 also which was good and priced similar to Daijya.

Personally, if I was in the market for Rs.12000 helmet and a better bike, would never look at Daijya due to its shady lack of presence in other countries and ECE sticker. In fact I am still in doubt whether its better in terms of safety than my previous MPA AGV. Only other place Daijya is seen is in Bike magazine and thats about it. I am actually now worried if its a safe helmet.
I wish someone confirms I can still go for some other brand. :( where are the gurus? They had just two old AGVs and they never have heard of Airoh.
Old 5th February 2012, 00:35   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz

I wish someone confirms I can still go for some other brand. :( where are the gurus? They had just two old AGVs and they never have heard of Airoh.
My friends have used it and it's a great helmet. I picked up the tribal graphite today.
Under 5k daijya, nuvo, ls2 are good.
Daijya and the likes are not wind tunnel tested for noise so they aren't quite; specially on the left side due to the glass flip button.
Anything above 10k go for arai or one of the European brands; much better choice at that price point.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 12:25   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Instinctively I fell for the Daijya G-Fit Samurai D-220 Graphite today! Bought it for INR 4600 at Helmet Paradise opposite Urvashi Theatre.

Daijya G-Fit Samurai: D-220 Graphite - 4,750.00Rs

Worth it? There is a pump to adjust cheek pad - seems like a gimmick and doesn't work or something needs to adjusted.

Comments please.

How do you find the helmet,assuming that you have used it for a while now.How is the sound insulation and ventilation?

I am also contemplating to buy a helmet with 5K budget! But unable to decide on which one!Any suggestions?

How was the buying experience at the shop? Is the price bargain-able?
Old 5th February 2012, 12:48   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

How do you find the helmet,assuming that you have used it for a while now.How is the sound insulation and ventilation?

I am also contemplating to buy a helmet with 5K budget! But unable to decide on which one!Any suggestions?

How was the buying experience at the shop? Is the price bargain-able?
Have no idea about sound n wind. Just bought it yesterday.

Buying experience was very pleasant. Read my post above regarding price and bargain.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:45   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have no idea about sound n wind. Just bought it yesterday.

Buying experience was very pleasant. Read my post above regarding price and bargain.
OK. Do post your observations on noise insulation and wind noise after a few days of usage.Would be helpful ,since i am also inclined towards the same helmet.Also what exactly is this air adjustable cheek padding?
Old 5th February 2012, 13:49   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

OK. Do post your observations on noise insulation and wind noise after a few days of usage.Would be helpful ,since i am also inclined towards the same helmet.Also what exactly is this air adjustable cheek padding?
Oh there is a pumping rubber bubble in front of the mouth which can be used to adjust the cheek pad.
Old 5th February 2012, 17:49   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
Edit: I got a call from Sunny who is one of the owners of Spartan Progear. They are willing to Courier the Helmets in 2 working days from Chennai for an additional Rs 500 on the retail price.

Now I just have to get the measuring tape and figure out how thick headed I am.

@GreaseMonk: I am taking the Sol SL68s basis your advise (and the online review)

Hi saptarshi, how is the SOL 68S? I am on look out for a helmet under 5K and this looks good! How is the noise insulation ,air ventilation ? How is the comfort factor wearing this for a long time?

Also is the LED light at the back any good? or is it just a bling factor?
Old 5th February 2012, 18:11   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not big for my head sir. Tried quite a few brands. KBC Sparkz Novo AGV. Particularly liked the carbon fibre one of Daijya but was too expensive. Used Aditya's name for the discount. Concerned about the pump. Big or small there should be some action on pumping and/or releasing right? I only hear a squeaky noise while pumping. :(

Edit: I just spoke to them and he said it is just a minor adjustment and he will do it for me and I will have to take it to him. On another note, he was saying: I know you liked Daijya G-Fit Carbon Helmet: D-251C Black - 12,990.00Rs - so you take that, I will give you a better price (last quoted price was 12900) but I find it too expensive as I believe the lid that I got is good enough for my usage. Still waiting for more advise/comments to pour in. Thanks in advance.
If you can go back and exchange it for another helmet I would suggest that you do so. Like v.anand mentioned, Daijya is not present in other countries and if you have the time, please do dig up the old thread on tbhp (Mr Google should be able to help) which was about the authenticity of Daijya helmets. Its a real eye opener.

I know the Daijya helmets look stylish and with the higher price, people assume better quality (I did too till I read that thread). All said and done, I wouldnt take one even if it were given to me for free because I know nothing about the helmet's origins whatsoever.
Old 5th February 2012, 22:36   #656
BHPian

HI Guys,

I need to buy a good quality helmet which is safe, and not too heavy to cause neck pain. Will be used mostly within the city for my scooter. Budget is around 10 K.

After reading this thread, it seems like there are only few places in Blore to pick up good helmets. All the more confusing reading conflicting reviews on the experiences

When i recently visited the Harley showroom on Lavelle Road, there were helmets on display there also. prices were on the higher side though.
Does anyone have any experience of buying a helmet from here ?

N_aditya & other gurus please guide me some some places & brands !
Old 6th February 2012, 02:33   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
HI Guys,

I need to buy a good quality helmet which is safe, and not too heavy to cause neck pain. Will be used mostly within the city for my scooter. Budget is around 10 K.

After reading this thread, it seems like there are only few places in Blore to pick up good helmets. All the more confusing reading conflicting reviews on the experiences

When i recently visited the Harley showroom on Lavelle Road, there were helmets on display there also. prices were on the higher side though.
Does anyone have any experience of buying a helmet from here ?

N_aditya & other gurus please guide me some some places & brands !
nirmaljustdoit - What I have seen is that the helmets that are displayed in bike showrooms are always exhorbitantly priced. For 8k you can comfortably get a Sparx / KBC in Bangalore. If you are riding a scooter, your posture will be sitting upright and hence the weight of a helmet will not be as pronounced as it is on a sportsbike with a forward biased seating posture.
Old 6th February 2012, 03:01   #658
BHPian

Maybe I just found my next lid! Looks smokin' hawt, might buy it before my roadtrip to Bangalore in May.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-kbcradiation1500x500.jpg

Helmets - KBC - Tarmac Radiation in India | Car Accessories | Spare parts | Vicky.in Shopping
Old 6th February 2012, 11:35   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
In fact I am still in doubt whether its better in terms of safety than my previous MPA AGV. Only other place Daijya is seen is in Bike magazine and thats about it. I am actually now worried if its a safe helmet.
Check this out. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post1278701

In all probability the Daijya helmets which are sold in India are fake and have never undergone any kind of testing leave alone safety certifications.

Quote:
I would suggest you to go for the SOL helmet or AGV, SparX or KBC. Just ensure the DOT certification is printed on the helmet shell and is not a sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
For a budget of 5k you can get the SOL helmet which is DOT certified and is available at Megha Enterprises (opp. MTR hotel). You might want to check out SparX at Tirumala Racing near JC road. Some SparX helmets are available for around 5-6k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi saptarshi, how is the SOL 68S? I am on look out for a helmet under 5K and this looks good! How is the noise insulation ,air ventilation ? How is the comfort factor wearing this for a long time?

Also is the LED light at the back any good? or is it just a bling factor?
Sagar, the SOL helmets are sold under the GMAX brand name in the US markets. Here is a link to the review of this helmet.

The LEDs come with a 3 speed setting. Constant ON and two speed blink rate. They are not exceptionally bright like the hyundai tail lamps () but do a good job in making you visible at night.

Since the helmet has many vents for air circulation, it can be quite noisy at triple digit speeds. If you ride with the vents closed then the noise level comes down drastically. I have seen and felt this helmet up close and its slightly heavier if not the same weight as my SparX but finish is very good. A VFM buy for the price range it is sold for.

Quote:

1. Balaji helmets and Helmet paradise - bargain hard

2. Megha enterprises - genuine down to earth guy. refer my name if required. Ask for Gaurav. Nice chappie.

3. Tirumala Racing near JC rd.

Brands - KBC, SparX, AGV, SOL, etc. Just ensure the safety certification (DOT, SNELL, ECE22.05, etc) is printed on the shell. If its a sticker then in all probability its a fake lid.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th February 2012 at 11:37.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:02   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI Guys,

Nirmal, apart from the places aditya mentioned, you can also try ordering online from Bachoo motors. They have very good helmet collections.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks