Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 09:16   #1261
JVH
Senior - BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a nice helmet. Are those real helmet pics that you bought or pics from the web? Can you post some pics of your real helmet?

Also, how is the noise cancellation at higher speeds? Any link to read up on its features?

Lastly how much it costed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
How much does the Rossi AGV cost? Thanks
The helmet cost me INR 16k. The pics I posted are directly off the AGV website. I don't have any real pics of the helmet right now but will try to get them whenever I can. Its a very silent helmet like I mentioned before but not as silent as SHARK but then it costs less too. Overall its a nice helmet and I can easily recommend it to fellow riders. You can read up some information here.

http://www.agv.com/in/agv/STREET%20R...3/ROSSI%20ICON
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...helmet/agv-k3/

Last edited by JVH : 8th April 2014 at 09:19.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 09:34   #1262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
It is size S, 55-56 cm. But I found that all the sizes are available at the store. You just to need to try them on for a snug fit.
Mine is 53 cms and I wear size S as well.

You got yourself a deal, amazing helmet I must say
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:57   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Anyone tried the MT range of helmets? Google tells me that it's been around for a while n is known for vfm helmets with no compromise on safety.

Any details around fit, finish, internal guts etc. would be helpful. Thanks
Here are a few pics of an MT helmet which is priced at INR 3900. It was L sized and I tried it out and it fitted me snugly but, a little tight for my specs to go in. So waiting for XL which will come later this month

Its an intermediary oval shape unlike the LS2 which is full oval

They definetly feel much better than LS2
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20140407_185155.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20140407_185136.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20140407_185148.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20140407_185123.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 10:16   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are a few pics of an MT helmet which is priced at INR 3900. It was L sized and I tried it out and it fitted me snugly but, a little tight for my specs to go in. So waiting for XL which will come later this month
Avi, the helmet should be a snug fit and initially it will feel tight. The cheek pads will break in with use in a few weeks or so and you'll feel fine after that. If the helmet is loose it can bob around at high speeds while riding which can be an issue so go ahead with a snug fit.
Old 9th April 2014, 10:43   #1265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Avi, the helmet should be a snug fit and initially it will feel tight. The cheek pads will break in with use in a few weeks or so and you'll feel fine after that. If the helmet is loose it can bob around at high speeds while riding which can be an issue so go ahead with a snug fit.
Adi, I understand your point.

Infact, I sold my THH helmet that I bought recently to another fellow rider as I had to force my specs into that helmet and they used to fit unevenly on my ears with its stem above my ear etc....due to which when any undulations on road, helmet would shake a bit and i would momentary lose vision/blurriness which was scary due to improper fitment of my specs

I immediately decided to get rid of it as i didnt want to take any risk

Atleast now I know that I have a large head, thankfully matching rest of my personality....and an XL ( 61cm-62cm) will be a snug fit without compromising on above mentioned issue.
Old 9th April 2014, 16:24   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Save a few lives

I don't know if this hs been posted in the forum before or if this is the right thread (Mods please move if required).

Some one send me this link. I think its very relavant and worthy of support.

www.TheGoodRoad.in

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 9th April 2014 at 16:35.
Old 10th April 2014, 12:17   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact, I sold my THH helmet that I bought recently to another fellow rider as I had to force my specs into that helmet and they used to fit unevenly on my ears with its stem above my ear etc....due to which when any undulations on road, helmet would shake a bit and i would momentary lose vision/blurriness which was scary due to improper fitment of my specs
Why don't you try the okley or similar straight stick glasses. I have a pair that i used to use while riding and will be getting another pair soon. They don't get disfigured under the helmet and fit snugly.
Old 10th April 2014, 15:41   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact, I sold my THH helmet that I bought recently to another fellow rider as I had to force my specs into that helmet and they used to fit unevenly on my ears with its stem above my ear etc....due to which when any undulations on road, helmet would shake a bit and i would momentary lose vision
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Why don't you try the okley or similar straight stick glasses.
Or simpler still, try contacts. It won't take you more than a week to get used to them. Glasses I feel are another source of injury in case you come off the bike, especially if u wear metal rimmed ones
Old 14th April 2014, 11:25   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or simpler still, try contacts. It won't take you more than a week to get used to them. Glasses I feel are another source of injury in case you come off the bike, especially if u wear metal rimmed ones
I did try the disposable contact lenses, but unfortunately there was irritation in one eye. I got myself the carbon or plastic frames, that wrap around the eye for riding.

I got myself The HJC CL-16 helmet for riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-hjc-cl16-machine.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 14th April 2014 at 11:39.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 12:25   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contacts are a disaster in dusty environments, or in torrential rain, or when being jerked and bumped around. Can do a lot more harm than good.
Old 14th April 2014, 13:10   #1271
BHPian

Here is my latest acquisition in US. It has a battery powered LED at the back. There are two visors, thus obviating any need for a sun-glass. It has an inbuilt slot for communication system. It is GMAX 54S.

For me, this looks quite futuristic. The features make it very friendly and safe for riding at high freeway speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-p1010072.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-p1010073.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-p1010074.jpg  

Last edited by bhardwhu : 14th April 2014 at 13:16.
Old 14th April 2014, 20:39   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Contacts are a disaster in dusty environments, or in torrential rain, or when being jerked and bumped around. Can do a lot more harm than good.
Hain???? And how would glasses fare better? I have been wearing contacts for years now (& prescription glasses since I was half as tall as I am today) and the only issue with contacts is dust getting in your eyes; which is mostly a non issue as long as you ride with the face shield down.

And whilst going through bumps; there's nothing worse than glasses. All you see is a blur; even at slowest of speeds. For longish rides; I do keep a pair of glasses handy but I am most comfortable wearing my contacts. Its just about getting habitual to them and still maintain that they are a 100 times better than the most expensive prescription glasess; on AND off the bike

Simple example - how great is your vision when the sweat from your brow goes plop on the glasses? You obviously cannot stop that from happening since you (hopefully) are wearing a helmet. Sure you could stop by the road; clean up and be on your way again but in our summers; it (sweaty specs) would be back before you can say "Oh HELLLL"

Do you wear glasses doc? And I dont mean fun stuff like anti glare or cool aviators. I mean prescription glasses.
Old 14th April 2014, 23:29   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I got myself The HJC CL-16 helmet for riding.
This is a gorgeous helmet. Love the hi-viz colours. Good choice

There are some amazing close out deals online for this helmet (As low as $69). I think that the webbikeworld.com rated this as the "best helmet ever". DOT & SNELL at this price is nothing short of unbelievable. I would have definitely bought it if it was not for my oval headshape. These I think are more accomodative of a round head shape. Am already suffering pressure / heat spots on my forehead with my Gmax owing to the helmet shape (again; round)

Mind sharing how much you paid for it and where you sourced it from?
Old 15th April 2014, 11:15   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you wear glasses doc? And I dont mean fun stuff like anti glare or cool aviators. I mean prescription glasses.
I wear prescription reading glasses bro.
Old 15th April 2014, 11:29   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Quote:
Hain???? And how would glasses fare better? I have been wearing contacts for years now (& prescription glasses since I was half as tall as I am today) and the only issue with contacts is dust getting in your eyes; which is mostly a non issue as long as you ride with the face shield down.
prescription glasses/ contacts are totally a personal choice i feel. Few of my friends are very comfortable with contacts and don't have any problem even after doing 700-800 kms a day, of course they always had to ride with visor down!

Personally i never felt comfortable with contacts both off and on the bike,so finally I settled with glasses which are relatively more safer in the event of collision

i.e Frame less( as metal frames tend to cause injuries if they break) + UNBREAKABLE glass( atleast that is how they are marketed + larger glass area( for relatively more field of vision) + Anti-glare

I have been using similar set-up from 4-5 years, never ever i felt uncomfortable over bumps or in summer (the fact that i don't sweat much benefits me here)

However i do feel getting LASIK eye surgery is better in long term and thinking in lines of it

Regards,
harsha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks