Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 10:09   #1546
BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Spartan progear chennai has stopped selling SOL helmets(location too has changed), went there to get hot weather jacket yesterday and found that they have replaced SOL with MT helmets.
Do you know where they have shifted to? I need to get a spare visor for my MT Axxis. Thanks!
Old 7th November 2014, 10:25   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflash View Post
Do you know where they have shifted to? I need to get a spare visor for my MT Axxis. Thanks!
It's about 500 meters before toll plaza(ECR), above newly constructed polaris showroom! very easy to spot. Do make a call to check availability, couldn't get a glove yesterday since they were yet to be unloaded. I usually get their stuff from their own showroom and not from any other shops, too many fakes on the market,not sure about stuff like jackets, but I always have my doubts about local shops.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 7th November 2014 at 10:27.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 11:49   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Please let me know about wind noise at high speeds.
My observations on the Vega Axor at speed.

At 100kmph, no trouble at all. Its peaceful on the inside and what ever little noise there is won't tire you.

At 120-130Kmph, the noise is mostly of the air streaming around the helmet. You are far from going deaf.

Intrusion of air is from the bottom. In my case, being a size L, which is one size bigger than what I need, air does manage to find its way in and makes the area around my ears feel cold. A more snug fit will sort this out.

I had all the vents shut so can't comment on their effectiveness.

I must add that I don't have comparisons to more expensive helmets. For what it is, the Axor is a very good helmet.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 11th November 2014 at 11:52.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 11:52   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I must add that I don't have comparisons to more expensive helmets. For what it is, the Axor is a very good helmet.
Thanks bro. The old AGV Pacific is the most expensive helmet I have used (and still using) to date, so for me too, that would be the benchmark I would be comparing the Vega Axor against.
Old 18th November 2014, 08:33   #1550
Senior - BHPian

BHPians,

I request you to provide your inputs on buying a helmet. I will be buying a TVS Jupiter sometime this week and I would need a good helmet to go along with it. Firstly to protect me from injuries and equally from the elements. I won't be riding it for long hours, it will only be short trips to the store and nearby places.

I see that the MT range has gained quite a popularity here. I previously used the Vega brand but the stores are a bit far from where I stay and I am willing to go for some sophistication this time around.

I stay at Thiruvanmiyur. Any nearby locations to a good collection of helmets will be valuable to me.

Your inputs are appreciated, thank you
Old 18th November 2014, 11:41   #1551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
BHPians,

I request you to provide your inputs on buying a helmet. I will be buying a TVS Jupiter sometime this week and I would need a good helmet to go along with it. Firstly to protect me from injuries and equally from the elements. I won't be riding it for long hours, it will only be short trips to the store and nearby places.

I see that the MT range has gained quite a popularity here. I previously used the Vega brand but the stores are a bit far from where I stay and I am willing to go for some sophistication this time around.

I stay at Thiruvanmiyur. Any nearby locations to a good collection of helmets will be valuable to me.

Your inputs are appreciated, thank you

Spartan Pro Gear who are the importers and distributors of MT helmets are based in chennai. I think their shop is about 500 meters before toll plaza(ECR), above newly constructed polaris showroom.This was mentioned somewhere here only. You can go there and get the complete collection of MT helmets in various size,models and colors. You will have lot of choices to choose from

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th November 2014 at 11:43.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 13:05   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Spartan Pro Gear who are the importers and distributors of MT helmets are based in chennai.
Thank you, sagarpadaki. I hope to find that place this weekend. Their website doesn't address that place yet.

Hope to find a good fitting one. I have quite a big head and with the summers in Chennai I don't want to be sweating from my head as well.
Old 19th November 2014, 20:53   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Can someone suggest a good helmet shop near Whitefield, Marathalli in Bangalore?
There are few shops on the road up towards the bridge - when you come from Bellandur. You could try the Total Mall in ORR - I know the one in Sarjapura road has helmets and the one in ORR could also have that (CineMax / Shoppers stop).
rdeivan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 15:10   #1554
BHPian

As compared to LS2, how are THH helmets? Few days back checked out Vega, LS2 and THH. LS2 and THH both seem to be a good fit.
Old 21st November 2014, 17:11   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
As compared to LS2, how are THH helmets? Few days back checked out Vega, LS2 and THH. LS2 and THH both seem to be a good fit.
Why not try the MT or KYT helmets instead? Similarly priced, good safety certifications / ratings & not too far in the pricing depatment also. Search for reviews on T-BHP and you will struggle to hear a bad word about them
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 17:14   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Why not try the MT or KYT helmets instead? Similarly priced, good safety certifications / ratings & not too far in the pricing depatment also. Search for reviews on T-BHP and you will struggle to hear a bad word about them
Any recommended shop in Mumbai? Do AH helmets stock them? I have almost zeroed down to AH for my purchase.
Old 21st November 2014, 17:47   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Any recommended shop in Mumbai? Do AH helmets stock them? I have almost zeroed down to AH for my purchase.
MT is there at Moto101 Bandra
Old 24th November 2014, 12:10   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have a problem with my AGV K3 helmet

After installing the Sena Bluetooth wherein its a laborious process, I have noted that helmet feels fine till about 30 mins into a ride

Post above time, there is a solid pressure on my right ear (my ear lobes also gets twisted) and I feel like removing the helmet immediately

It was comfortable prior to Sena Installation so is it something to do with that?

What should I do to make it comfortable? Remove the pads/speakers and re-insert them?

Other than the right ear issue, there is no other issues with helmet at all
Hey, could not find in this thread if your question got answered. Did you find a way around this?

I'm having the same issue here, there is no recess for Sena speakers in my AGV K3. Rode around the whole of yesterday, ear lobes hurt quite a bit after I've removed the helmet.

PS: Picked up a MT Matrix for 8600 last weekend for my pillion, super light and pretty impressed with it. Its lighter than my AGV even.

Last edited by praful : 24th November 2014 at 12:29.
Old 24th November 2014, 12:17   #1559
BHPian

Got myself LS2 helmet yesterday. Cost me about 4600. It comes with a clear visor and additional tinted visor.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20141123_144430400_hdr.jpg
Old 24th November 2014, 15:53   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Hey, could not find in this thread if your question got answered. Did you find a way around this?

I'm having the same issue here, there is no recess for Sena speakers in my AGV K3. Rode around the whole of yesterday, ear lobes hurt quite a bit after I've removed the helmet.
This problem has been resolved as the Sena Bluetooth was not fitted properly. But, I feel AGV K3 is not conducive for bluetooth speakers as the helmet still is NOT completely comfortable

P.S: Btw, I sold the helmet so I dont need to worry about this anymore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks