Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2016, 21:31   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Snug fit to the fullest and my fingers are not reaching the ears through the pads.
Hey bud - Just to clarify; I do not mean putting your hand in all the way at the sides. Simply reach for the lowest part of your cheekpad and give it a little tug downwards. Makes things a lot better

I do this each time I wear my Bell RS 1, which has an integrated neck-roll as well. So trust me, it should not be a bother for you

Take care

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 22:59   #1937
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Else - eyeing Suomy or Arai (Ducati Theme)
Hi there.

Have been using the Schuberth C3 for a while now, and can vouch for it's extreme quietness compared to most major brands.

There is a new C3 Pro, and based on it for ADV, the new E1.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/products...elmets/e1.html

If you can get one, can't go wrong.

You might have already reviewed:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm

A good article on helmet noise:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...lmet-noise.htm

Comment section also worth a read for some good tips.

Cheers

Ride Safe.

Last edited by gthang : 18th February 2016 at 23:03.
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:47   #1938
BHPian

I recently bought a Vega Axor full face helmet which has the mercury coated visor. Visor is very helpfull during daytime but the main problem is the scratch marks. The visor gets scratched very easily. Does anyone have solution for this problem?
Old 25th February 2016, 12:46   #1939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4power View Post
I recently bought a Vega Axor full face helmet which has the mercury coated visor. Visor is very helpfull during daytime but the main problem is the scratch marks. The visor gets scratched very easily. Does anyone have solution for this problem?
Just my few cents from a recent helmet purchase.

There are various visors options available for most of the premium brands including scratch resistant types but at an extra cost which also looked bit of a premium to me.

Not really whether Axor provides options, you would need to check whether the fitting mechanism and size are similar to the ones available in market.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 18:32   #1940
BHPian

I don't think visor from some other brand will fit well. I was told by the guys of that shop that vega helmets doesn't fit well with visor from other brands. But I think the fitting mechanism will be simillar to those Arai ones. But visor from that brand is out of my league. Also I would have fitted my helmet with clear one but I ride mostly in daytime. So dark glass is like a must for me.
Old 27th February 2016, 08:15   #1941
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone used Marushin helmets? It's a 10K priced helmet and supposed to be very light weight and with all safety features

Appreciate feedback on wind noise, comfort and overall fit

Is it worth that price?

I know its not the right comparison price-wise but, how is MT-Blade?
Old 27th February 2016, 08:24   #1942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anyone used Marushin helmets? It's a 10K priced helmet and supposed to be very light weight and with all safety features

Appreciate feedback on wind noise, comfort and overall fit

Is it worth that price?

I know its not the right comparison price-wise but, how is MT-Blade?
IIRC , Marushin helmets were sold under 'Daijya' brand in India.This brand is no longer available after the advent of SOL, MT and the likes through well organized distributor channels. Daijya did not have any website of their own and fared badly during few spills that were posted by the owner . There was an extensive discussion on their authenticity on xBHP forum. I would not risk my head with that brand!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 08:39   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
IIRC , Marushin helmets were sold under 'Daijya' brand in India.This brand is no longer available after the advent of SOL, MT and the likes through well organized distributor channels. Daijya did not have any website of their own and fared badly during few spills that were posted by the owner . There was an extensive discussion on their authenticity on xBHP forum. I would not risk my head with that brand!
Whew! Thanks for that quick feedback. That saved quite a few bucks

Till I get a good lid from abroad, which would be the best one between the MT-Blade and SOL?

And what is their typical pricing? Hope there are no fakes in these brands like I hear a lot about LS2 these days?
Old 27th February 2016, 10:25   #1944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Whew! Thanks for that quick feedback. That saved quite a few bucks

Till I get a good lid from abroad, which would be the best one between the MT-Blade and SOL?

And what is their typical pricing? Hope there are no fakes in these brands like I hear a lot about LS2 these days?
I would suggest MT over SOL because of the liner quality. SOL liner has the tendency to start coming apart after a few months of usage. I am on my second set of liners on my SOL in 4 years of 5 days a week usage. Maybe because of my daily use they do not last long.

Try both of them before picking .
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 07:34   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Posted this in a different thread but got no responses: Folks I am new to bikes; just learnt how to ride about 4 months back. Recently bought an RC390 last week. Currently I am using a borrowed Vega helmet from a senior in college who rides an Activa. This helmet feels very flimsy and I guess its only use is to ward off the cops. Plan to buy a helmet for myself and I have shortlisted the AGV K3 SV. Any reviews of this helmet or other suggestions are welcome. Also, I find the handlebar grips on the RC390 to be very uncomfortable. They are good for throttle modulation but they have painted my palms blue so thought it best to invest in some riding gloves as well. Need suggestions on what gloves to buy or if I should change the grips. I'm a sucker for stuff that looks good but at the moment I have spent too much on the bike itself and planning on spending a lot on the helmet too so it would be nice to hear suggestions for cheap gloves and if they are a bit expensive, it would be nice if one could explain to me why they are so. Sorry like I said, I am new to bikes

Thanks in advance
Ishaan
Old 28th February 2016, 08:29   #1946
Distinguished - BHPian

I picked up the MT-Blade. I wanted a solid white with minimum graphics but, it was not available so had to settle for next best

Quality is superb. Lovely materials used and feels solid and true international quality. Apparently is imported from Germany but, made in China ( something like that...Not sure what that means)

It is XL size (60-61) and fits snug enough and looks like I might not really need a break-in

MRP : 5975 and I got a grand discount of Rs.75...Paid Rs.5,900

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_0567.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-fullsizerender.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-fullsizerender1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Plan to buy a helmet for myself and I have shortlisted the AGV K3 SV. Any reviews of this helmet or other suggestions are welcome.
I used to own the AGV K3 Rossi graphics edition and its a brilliant helmet. Not as light as K4 but, good quality of materials, good protection and wind noise protection is also quite good

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2016 at 08:30.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 00:03   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know stores in Bangalore that offer the best prices for riding gear?
Old 29th February 2016, 05:01   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Anyone know stores in Bangalore that offer the best prices for riding gear?
Try Let's Gear up at HSR Layout. Dont know about price but good products & advice.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 16:15   #1949
Senior - BHPian

I have seen lot of people wearing NXR branded helmets of late. They appear to be DOT certified and looks premium (like SOL\MT etc). But I could not find any info about them from a quick Google search.

Any idea how good\bad they are? Not planning to pick up - just curious to know about the (seemingly) new entrant to the market.

--Anoop
Old 1st March 2016, 21:06   #1950
BHPian

I believe those would be the AXR helmets. And a quick snapdeal search yields 3.3k for the helmets.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks