Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2016, 23:41   #2206
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I purchased or rather ordered from SPG website the same model and same size but in gloss Orange and black shade. I wanted the yellow one like yours but it was not available on the website in M size. So ordered orange color. Where did you get yours from?
I got it from Biking Spirit store at St Marks Road. Same building which has the Triumph Bangalore dealership.

It's more florescent green rather than yellow though.
Old 14th November 2016, 12:10   #2207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I got it from Biking Spirit store at St Marks Road. Same building which has the Triumph Bangalore dealership.

It's more florescent green rather than yellow though.
I liked this color . Had to settle for Orange since the size M was available online and me being a lazy bum to goto shop and buy

Anyways, i experience a whistling sound somewhere around the forehead area when i cross 50 kmph. Do you have a similar experience?
Old 14th November 2016, 22:06   #2208
Team-BHP Support

SHARP rating info for those looking at various options within MT helmets.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20161114_215221.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Anyways, i experience a whistling sound somewhere around the forehead area when i cross 50 kmph. Do you have a similar experience?
I don't have a bike yet to test these speeds. Confined to wearing it and posing in front of the bedroom mirror now.

Will update in 2 - 3 weeks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 11:42   #2209
Distinguished - BHPian

Couldnt resist a fantastic deal and picked up this helmet!

Thanks to Redliner for pointing the deal out to me
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-shark_speed_r_series2_sauer_helmet_white_blue_red_zoom.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-shark_speed_r_series2_sauer_helmet_white_blue_red_zoom-1.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-753d745d1b9b314afb8c004694dc203a.jpg  

Old 17th November 2016, 15:10   #2210
BHPian

Gents,
has anyone had any experience with these folks (http://ahhelmets.com/index.php?route=common/home) ?
Any feedback pertaining to online shopping from their stores is what I'm interested in.
They seem to have a decent collection of MT's & Kranos. They're based of Mumbai.
Old 17th November 2016, 15:51   #2211
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

AH Helmets has a good variety of various brands to choose from. The guys there are helpful too. He has a wide range of MT Helmets - colors, models and size. Heard mixed reviews - mostly good. He does have a range of expensive helmets as well - Airoh or AGV, I don't remember. The quality of the display helmets were pathetic though - not sure if they were original or just badly kept. Aren't there shops in Bangalore where you could see feel wear and purchase MT Helmets?

Last edited by Zappo : 17th November 2016 at 19:03. Reason: As requested
Old 17th November 2016, 20:07   #2212
BHPian

hello V12
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
AH Helmets has a good variety of various brands to choose from.
Quote:
He has a wide range of MT Helmets - colors, models and size.
This was one of the reasons I was drawn to their online store. Most of those models which I liked in MT were available in my size.

Quote:
He does have a range of expensive helmets as well - Airoh or AGV, I don't remember.
This is news - their online store seems to only enlist Kranos, MT and Sol. Didn't find any mention of those exotics.

Quote:
Aren't there shops in Bangalore where you could see feel wear and purchase MT Helmets?
Plenty of them such as Biking Spirit, Orion Mall, Helmet Paradise & Megha Enterprises Just to name a few. In fact a certain locality called J C Road is doted with these stores. I'm inquiring to keep my options open. Another online store on my list is bikegear.in. They have a mighty collections of those exotics (AGV, Shoei, Shark).
Old 18th November 2016, 10:44   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Couldnt resist a fantastic deal and picked up this helmet!

Thanks to Redliner for pointing the deal out to me
Thats a fantastic buy! Whats the final cost came to? Hope you have got an extra visor.
Old 18th November 2016, 11:01   #2214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Thats a fantastic buy! Whats the final cost came to? Hope you have got an extra visor.
Thanks! All the details of this helmet can be found here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4094709
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:50   #2215
Distinguished - BHPian

I happened to note that my existing MT helmet is XL (61-62 cms) and the Shark helmet which I ordered from US is also XL (61-62 cms)

My question to the helmet gurus is will the fitting will be fine? I know the size, shape, inner pads make some difference but, how different the same size from one manufacturer to other can differ?

Inputs would be great
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-fullsizerender.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-shark_speed_r_series2_sauer_helmet_white_blue_red_zoom.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2016, 16:57   #2216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
how different the same size from one manufacturer to other can differ?

Inputs would be great
Should fit similar unless they are different shell shapes (round vs inter oval etc).

If the shark offers different sizes of inner cheek padding on the lid, you should be able to customize it. That said, I think this is an inter oval lid and you should more or less be good to go.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 15:14   #2217
Distinguished - BHPian

MT Revenge initial impressions

My 4.5 yrs old SOL SL68S which is my daily use was showing signs of ageing. Hence decided to buy a new helmet. Had a budget of 10K and had to be the safest in that budget. Found only a few quality brands that fit in the budget.

1.SOL
2.MT
3.HJC

SOL - Was very tempting to buy another SL68S for the comfort. However the experience with SOL has been very average. The liner is of poor quality and the rubber layer at the location where the padding touches the surface when the helmet is rested starts to peel off (Cannot use a helmet bag everywhere).Went through 2 sets of liners each costing 1100 rupees.Also the visor quality is extremely poor for a helmet costing 5K plus. It takes on hairline scratches within a few cleaning cycles even with normal cleaning with good microfiber and a glass cleaner. The plastic protrusions on the visor that lock into the helmet as prone to snapping and have very less tolerance for pressure errors that are made when fitting the visor. This meant that i went through 5 visor changes in the ownership period. With each visor costing 800 Rupees it was pinching the pocket. So SOL was dropped.

HJC - no stock was available in M size. Additionally, costly replacement visors(2K plus) meant that i was not very keen on HJC. Non availability of the required size meant that i did not pursue it further.

MT - Had narrowed down to MT Blade and revenge.I had tried Blade owned by my friend and was happy with how it fit me.However, i always wanted Revenge model for its 5* sharp rating. Checked on the Spartan pro gear website and it was available in M size for quite a few color options. I liked the lime green gloss but it was not available in M size. So went for the orange gloss in M size. Order placed and the helmet was delivered in 3 working days.

My Impressions after using the helmet for 10 days.

+ve's

-> Fits snug and the fit matches the sizing chart.
-> Very clear visor. Feels as if the visor is not present at all.
-> Visor has excellent scratch resistant
-> Excellent paint job on the helmet.
-> Wind insulation is excellent. Hardly any wind enters the inside area.
-> 5* Sharp rating
-> Compact footprint compared to SOL SL68S.

-ve's

-> Whistling sound at the forehead area above the left eye above 50kmph. This goes away if the visor is opened a couple of mm. This is very ANNOYING on long rides and also fatiguing.
-> Sideways visibility is significantly less compared to SOL. In SOL, i could see what is on my right without rotating my neck. But with Revenge, i have to rotate my neck a bit to get the side view that i used to get without rotating my neck in SOL. This has got to do with the visor positioning. But SOL was better in this aspect.
-> Thick chin guard makes it impossible to check the rear new mirror without tilting my head downwards. This is alleviated by tilting the helmet more towards the front once worn. Not a major drawback. Will need some getting used to.
-> The cut outs for ear lobe on the side padding is very small. Anyone with moderate to big ear lobe will find it difficult to accommodate their ear into the slots. This means padding will press on he ear lobes and cause a bit of discomfort.
-> The padding and the shell feels plasticky. Creaks and squeals when pressed on the inside. Although it has reduced after a week of usage. But still is present.
-> More suited for an oval head than a round head.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 25th November 2016 at 15:18.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 09:26   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REManiac78 View Post
Hi. Can anyone help me with a user feedback or review on the Airoh ST710 helmet? It's a carbon fibre shell with some good graphics and even has a black hi-viz version available. Motoin.de retail price (post discount and VATbenefit) seems attractive to ship it to India as well. Look forward to feedback from fellow riders
Vega used to sell Airoh helmets in their stores and on their website. But most were the open face models. Don't see them anymore. Even the NEXX helmets have disappeared from the Vega site.
Old 28th November 2016, 13:25   #2219
BHPian

I was looking to buy a new Helmet and felt that suggestions in this discussion were more for the bike enthusiasts who often hit the adventure road.

My need was a helmet which was

1. Full Face - for Safety and beating the dust and fumes of Traffic
2. Comfortable and Snugly fitting
3. Not so heavy on my head or pockets
4. For the city/ORR use on my Activa 125 (= 60kmph usually, 70kmph Max)

So I went to the shops near Lal Bagh after zeroing in on the Vega Axor. But came back with a Studds Shifter White for Rs. 1900 + Rs. 200 for a spare visor.

It has softer thicker lining/padding so fits my head perfectly without hurting. Whereas the Vega Axor was a squeeze on my ears with the biggest size. I have big ears?

It weighs 1.5 Kgs and I feel it offers good value for that money. Definitely an upgrade on my old open face helmet.

Last edited by madhavgpai : 28th November 2016 at 13:39. Reason: Size I didn't mention before.
Old 28th November 2016, 14:33   #2220
BHPian

@mobike, even I use a MT Blade size XL. Wanted to upgrade to something better hence checked out Nolan, X-Lite & Shoei. Size L in both fit perfectly. However, the price of Rs 55k was a big downer. Got the X-Lite X-802R Carbon a couple of weeks ago from Chong Aik, Singapore for a measly Rs 22500/- thanks to the promotional offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-xlitex802rucarbonmotogp311.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-xlitex802rucreview_02.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-xlitex802rucreview_03.jpg  

coolrain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks