BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Three locations come to mind in different parts of the city
- Dainese showroom in Orion Mall
- Orion Motors in Koramangala
- The Biking Spirit store in the Cash Pharmacy complex on St Marks road
And what are the brands these guys generally sell ?

Thanks & Regards

G D
Old 16th February 2017, 23:10   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Three locations come to mind in different parts of the city
- Dainese showroom in Orion Mall
- Orion Motors in Koramangala
- The Biking Spirit store in the Cash Pharmacy complex on St Marks road
Adding Lets Gear Up at HSR layout to the list. I bought my SOL there. IIRC they also store Shark.
Old 17th February 2017, 07:18   #2268
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I am currently having SparX and a LS2 helmet. SparX is a bit old now, though very sparingly used. But still, 6 years is eough for a helmet I believe.

IIRC, my head measured 54 cms and the small size from SparX fit me perfectly. Which helmet do you guys suggest for under 20K? I would like to buy a popular model whose visor/s etc are available. This time, I am thinking to get it shipped to my place.

Any suggestions for helmet and reliable shops? My preference for shop is PRS, have dealt with them multiple times.
Old 17th February 2017, 08:30   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
And what are the brands these guys generally sell ?

Thanks & Regards

G D
IIRC:

AGV at the Dainese store
MT, Bell and Shark at the Biking Spirit
MT, AGV and HJC at Orion
Old 17th February 2017, 15:18   #2270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
SparX is a bit old now, though very sparingly used. But still, 6 years is eough for a helmet I believe.
That helmet is better not worn now, was checking it and it appears to have been manufactured in 2008. Close to 10 years. I think its safe to keep it away.

Have written to PRS, waiting for their reply.
Old 17th February 2017, 15:31   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
That helmet is better not worn now, was checking it and it appears to have been manufactured in 2008. Close to 10 years. I think its safe to keep it away.

Have written to PRS, waiting for their reply.

I believe one of the CL-17's from HJC are a good buy. They are light weight, not noisy and provide good protection. Also they come in some nice livery. Check'em out!

DM99
Old 17th February 2017, 21:44   #2272
Team-BHP Support

Spoke with a friend nearby who stocks MT brand of helmets. How are they? I have heard of few counterfeit helmets being available in market but the thing with MT would be, I can personally wear and check its feel and hopefully I will get a genuine product.

PRS mailed and has sent its catalogue. They expect entire range of HJC in next one month.

How are Revolt helmets? https://www.revolthelmets.com/

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have never faced any such issues in Street Triple or Tiger in the last 2 years of using MT Revenge.
Which lid were you using earlier? How is MT when you compare it to your previous lid?

Last edited by Sheel : 17th February 2017 at 21:51.
Old 20th February 2017, 13:15   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke with a friend nearby who stocks MT brand of helmets. How are they? I have heard of few counterfeit helmets being available in market but the thing with MT would be, I can personally wear and check its feel and hopefully I will get a genuine product.
Spartan Pro Gear is the only dealer of MT helmets in India. Get directly from them or one of their resellers.
Old 25th February 2017, 19:16   #2274
BHPian

Hello Folks !

I am on the lookout for a bang for buck, High quality and a light helmet. My budget is around 6k. I have gone through a few posts in this thread and it has left me even more confused considering all the possible choices i have.

I was wondering if maybe the mods can make a sticky / pinned post at the start of the thread detailing the best helmets in a price range. People who already have purchased and used the helmets can then link their reviews to it.

Right now i have to look at very post to see if it is what I'm looking for and weather or not it fits my budget.
Old 25th February 2017, 19:57   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
Hello Folks !

I am on the lookout for a bang for buck, High quality and a light helmet. My budget is around 6k. I have gone through a few posts in this thread and it has left me even more confused considering all the possible choices i have.

I was wondering if maybe the mods can make a sticky / pinned post at the start of the thread detailing the best helmets in a price range. People who already have purchased and used the helmets can then link their reviews to it.

Right now i have to look at very post to see if it is what I'm looking for and weather or not it fits my budget.
I would recommend you to try out the MT brand for that budget. I recently got myself a MT axxis, find it much better than the LS2 I previously had. And finding original LS2 in India is itself a task.
Old 7th March 2017, 21:29   #2276
BHPian

Revolt Turismo Helmet. A new winner in entry level helmets?

Hi guys,

Was having a tough time with my previous MT Blade helmet in terms of usage for touring. Since last couple of rides to Coorg and then Bengaluru keeping speeds of 130-140kph on highway was troublesome as the helmet was getting extremely noisy (not much a thing that mattered to me). But the helmet was getting scarily unstable and was giving a feeling that it will come off.

So I started research on opting for a helmet in 9K budget for everyday use an touring (Until my Bell RS-1 arrived from USA)

1. Entry level HJC's were not upto the mark and heavy.
2. SOL helmets may have been good. But are heavy and a few models that i liked were noisy as hell.
3. Did not want to look at AXR or THH.

And then came a pleasant surprise when I got to know about a brand of helmet that just forayed in India, Revolt Helmets via Facebook.

Webpage: www.revolthelmets.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/revolthelmetsofficial

I sent them a PM asking about the details. Got to know that they are engineered in Italy and Germany and manufactured in Vietnam. Best part was as they are building up dealer network in Goa they had sent a sample piece to a popular riding gear store here. I made a quick dash to the store to check the helmet. The owner was kind enough to allow me to wear the helmet on and take it around for a spin to check it out and first impression is as follows:

1. The helmet feels and is lighter than my current MT Blade. Its actually 150gms lighter than MT Blade. Thats because it is DOT only certified (I feel)
2. Build quality and graphics is on par with MT Blade.
3. The helmet is much more silent than the MT Blade or SOL (Riding the Duke 390)
4. Did speeds of 150kph on a lonely stretch of road and it was super stable. Didn't move an inch.
5. Airflow/ventilation is fantastic.
6. The padding is thick and comfy. Making for a very comfortable and snug fit.
7. Visibility through the helmet is wide and impressive. On par with MT Blade.
8. The helmet fit on the head is the most perfect for Indian head types. Firm and comfy. Doesn't cause any irritation or headache.
9. And now coming to the most unbeatable part, the internal visor is the best I have experienced till date on any helmet I used. Its tad perfect and optically doesn't clutter a bit.

After getting impressed with the helmet followed it up for purchase with their FB page and paid 5,999INR via bank deposit and got the helmet in florescent yellow for better road visibility. I have now done over 1500+kms and I have no reasons to complaint whatsoever. I would recommend the Revolt Turismo over MT Blade or SOL any given day to my riding buddies and to you all.

Now they can be even brought online from: store.throttle.club/helmets

Enjoy the pictures and feel free to shoot any question

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20170217_171729_hdr.jpg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20170217_171942_hdr.jpg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20170217_171822_hdr.jpg
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20170219_182445_hdr.jpg
akshayhonda is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:36   #2277
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Revolt Turismo Helmet. A new winner in entry level helmets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
.... a few models that i liked were noisy as hell....
How do you test the noise levels for a helmet in the store? I doubt anyone will give you a helmet for a TD unless in exceptional cases. I'd like to have a helmet which is silent (as possible) and also light - this looks like a good option. Thanks for sharing.
Old 8th March 2017, 11:57   #2278
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How do you test the noise levels for a helmet in the store? I doubt anyone will give you a helmet for a TD unless in exceptional cases. I'd like to have a helmet which is silent (as possible) and also light - this looks like a good option. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Hi guys,

Was having a tough time with my previous MT Blade helmet in terms of usage for touring. Since last couple of rides to Coorg and then Bengaluru keeping speeds of 130-140kph on highway was troublesome as the helmet was getting extremely noisy (not much a thing that mattered to me). But the helmet was getting scarily unstable and was giving a feeling that it will come off.]

Thanks Akshay for the post. Yes, this looks like a good option for me too.

Sen2009 is also using Revolt helmet, I have requested him to write a short review of the same in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4159598

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 21:42   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nope the store owner allowed me to take the helmets for a test ride as had the demo pieces. SOL was the most airy hence a lot noisy. The Revolt Turismo by far is the best helmet in terms of weight and being silent in 6-7K budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Thanks Akshay for the post. Yes, this looks like a good option for me too.

Sen2009 is also using Revolt helmet, I have requested him to write a short review of the same in this thread.
Welcome KK. Sen is one one happy owner
Old 8th March 2017, 22:02   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Nope the store owner allowed me to take the helmets for a test ride as had the demo pieces. SOL was the most airy hence a lot noisy. The Revolt Turismo by far is the best helmet in terms of weight and being silent in 6-7K budget.

Welcome KK. Sen is one one happy owner

Also, since you have done some research, any inputs on the type of material used in the Revolt as agasint the similar range in SOL, MT?

When I check with the all India distributor (Kapil), he said Revolt uses Compound ABS in helmets. Not sure of what is it in other brands.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 8th March 2017 at 22:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks