Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 13:48   #2311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I have both the 10S and the SMH10. Overall, I have to say that sound quality is loads better on the 10S, while the Smh 10 is by far the easiest to use and has the best battery life I've ever seen.
Thanks, this is super helpful. In exactly the same boat right now.

Sold off my SMH5 dual pack (my primary use even now is rider-pillion) recently as the battery life didn't cut it for our longer rides where we usually end up being on the road for 8-12 hours at least.

Enter SMH10 vs 10S quandary, again will be picking up a dual pack. Apart from the longer range and BT4.1 I don't know if its really worth the extra 110$ for the 10S dual pack. SMH10 so far seems to tick all the boxes, but since it going out of sale soon I am a little confused whether it makes more sense to pick up a 10S instead.

For the extra 110$ for the 10S I could pick up two visors for my AGV instead
Old 1st April 2017, 10:01   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Thanks, this is super helpful. In exactly the same boat right now.

Sold off my SMH5 dual pack (my primary use even now is rider-pillion) recently as the battery life didn't cut it for our longer rides where we usually end up being on the road for 8-12 hours at least.

Enter SMH10 vs 10S quandary, again will be picking up a dual pack. Apart from the longer range and BT4.1 I don't know if its really worth the extra 110$ for the 10S dual pack. SMH10 so far seems to tick all the boxes, but since it going out of sale soon I am a little confused whether it makes more sense to pick up a 10S instead.

For the extra 110$ for the 10S I could pick up two visors for my AGV instead
Get the Smh 10 dual pack. I have one of those (one part of the dual kit is with my brother, which is why I bought the 10S)
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 10:00   #2313
BHPian

Steal Deals on AGV Helmets!!!!

Hi guys,

Recently I came across an European website www.motardinn.com and it has super steal deals on AGV helmets. I ordered for myself an AGV K5 for around 9000INR and additional 1650INR for shipping to India via India Post (Speed Post). Also available faster shipping with DHL which costs 4500INR approx.

Anyone willing to buy one make most of this offer. I assume this is a major closeout happening with them. Checked site for trustworthiness and turned out to be good.

Thanks
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 11:12   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Re: Steal Deals on AGV Helmets!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Hi guys,

Recently I came across an European website www.motardinn.com and it has super steal deals on AGV helmets. I ordered for myself an AGV K5 for around 9000INR and additional 1650INR for shipping to India via India Post (Speed Post). Also available faster shipping with DHL which costs 4500INR approx.

Anyone willing to buy one make most of this offer. I assume this is a major closeout happening with them. Checked site for trustworthiness and turned out to be good.

Thanks
Has the helmet been delivered to you post customs?

If not, then the prices may bump up depending how much customs folks decide to levy for the helmet.
Old 10th April 2017, 11:46   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If not, then the prices may bump up depending how much customs folks decide to levy for the helmet.
If I'm not mistaken, customs is not levied on products under 10000 RS. Not sure if they assess the cost along with shipping charges but even if they do, duty will be so low that it will be atleast a good 5 grand cheaper than what one can get a K3 SV for here in India. So a K5 which is basically a composite version of the K3 SV, poses immense VFM at the price AkshayHonda is paying for it.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 10th April 2017 at 11:48.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 12:24   #2316
BHPian

Quote:

Placed the order on Saturday night. A few other friends also placed their order. No clue what's gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If I'm not mistaken, customs is not levied on products under 10000 RS. Not sure if they assess the cost along with shipping charges .

Yeah even I heard the same from a friend who imported stuff a couple of months back. But I'm prepared to pay like 2-3K duty in case. Shipping costs are considered only if it's above 100USD it seems.
Old 17th April 2017, 18:48   #2317
Senior - BHPian

Had purchased a Studds Ninja in 2008. It had served me well and I had passed it on to my BIL along with my bike and he was happy with it. So happy was he that when the time came for replacing it, he requested me to place an order for the same once more.

All e-tailers were showing 2-4 days delivery time and one day delivery was costing ₹150 extra. I had to pass through Lalbagh road for work and hence decided to pick one up there itself.

Went to a shop called Helmet Paradise since it was the only one with some parking space available and purchased a Matte Black one in XL size for ₹1150. It came with a fabric under cap and two years warranty. Paid by card - no extra charged.

Here's a picture of the Ninja.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20170417_182518_crop_742x527.jpg  

dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 20:22   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Placed the order on Saturday night. A few other friends also placed their order. No clue what's gonna happen.

Yeah even I heard the same from a friend who imported stuff a couple of months back. But I'm prepared to pay like 2-3K duty in case. Shipping costs are considered only if it's above 100USD it seems.
Ive purchased a 9k AGV K5 you from Motardinn. The helmet got delivered today. I opted for DHL, because I do not trust india post handling a delicate item like a helmet. I got slapped with 47% customs duty. There is still a big chance that you can get anywhere from 0 to 50% duty since many people have had to pay no duty as well.

Duty is calculated on CIF(total value paid i.e. MRP+Shipping).

The helmet is original and its a very good helmet. Easily 5 stars.
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:02   #2319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Ive purchased a 9k AGV K5 you from Motardinn. .
Still half the cost of the 30k street price of the lid here in bangalore mate.

Freaking awesome deal. Enjoy.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:58   #2320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ive purchased a 9k AGV K5 you from Motardinn. The helmet got delivered today. I opted for DHL, because I do not trust india post handling a delicate item like a helmet. I got slapped with 47% customs duty. There is still a big chance that you can get anywhere from 0 to 50% duty since many people have had to pay no duty as well.
Excellent choice. I bought my AGV K4 Evo for 220 euros (back when Euro was 84rs ) compared to mine, this looks like an absolute steal.

How does it fit? How did you decide on the size considering you bought the helmet online?
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:45   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Excellent choice. I bought my AGV K4 Evo for 220 euros (back when Euro was 84rs ) compared to mine, this looks like an absolute steal.

How does it fit? How did you decide on the size considering you bought the helmet online?
I used revzillas sizing chart. The helmet fits perfectly. I had been using an Airoh before this so I had a pretty good knowledge of what exactly I wanted when I mean good fitting. Thankfully the online sizing chart and revzilla's video for measuring your head are pretty accurate.
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:07   #2322
BHPian

How good is the steel bird helmet. It looks decent, has anyone used it ?
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:53   #2323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ive purchased a 9k AGV K5 you from Motardinn. The helmet got delivered today. I opted for DHL, because I do not trust india post handling a delicate item like a helmet. I got slapped with 47% customs duty.
I bought a Bell RS-1 from US for INR 7000/-

Yes, thats right for 7k .....and was hand carried back

Needless to say, its fantastic quality and is one of the high end helmets from Bell and is sold in India for 35k

I have 4 helmets and wasn't looking to buy other but the offer was too tempting to give up
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_8653.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_8655.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_8652.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2017, 12:15   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I bought a Bell RS-1 from US for INR 7000/-

Yes, thats right for 7k .....

What?!!! Where and how did you get this deal. A good biker brother always shares the secret. So spill it out mate!!
Old 24th April 2017, 08:02   #2325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
What?!!! Where and how did you get this deal. A good biker brother always shares the secret. So spill it out mate!!
Looks like they still have some stock left and deal is still on.

If you are travelling or have someone who can get it for you, order it ASAP

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/b...hi-viz-helmet/
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks