Team-BHP - Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/19699-helmet-tips-buying-good-helmet.html)

My brother's helmet is in a very sad condition and I want to buy him a new one. Please help me choose the right one. Here are the requirements:

-- Light-weight.
-- If possible, should have a scratch resistant visor.
-- Wide viewing angle.
-- Budget: 1.5K (stretchable to 2.5K, ok max 3K, if something is really good).
-- If possible, shouldn't have too many fancy stickers.

BTW, do helmets come in different sizes? His head is a little bigger than average.

Thanks,
Su-47

Read More: Tips to buy a good helmet

Choosing a Motorcycle Helmet for a Dirt Bike or Sport Bike

A good helmet is the GP One Black. It's available for about 1.8 k and is a seriously good helmet.

The helmet might be a tad heavy though I've never faced any problems with it.

Yes, it does come in different sizes, but all that's changed in two helmets is an inner lining which can be removed, cleaned and put back in. Ask for XXL.

Ravi

I second that you can get a GP One or personally i suggest a AGV.

One more scratch resistant is good but dont entirely depend on that . With the dirt and grime of our cities within a month or so its useless. AGV are 10 times better than GP ones. Look for washable inners which is really hygienic.

Thank you guys (superavi and madbullram) for your inputs.
-- Would you guys know where I can check out AGV and GP1 in bangalore?
-- For example, would the helmet shops near Lalbagh stock these?
-- Is there any place you can recommend? If not, is there a way I can distinguish a genuine one from a fake one?
-- How much would AGV cost?

Thanks,
Su-47

Go to an authorised helmet dealer.

The GP-One is the best bet. Make sure u buy a spare Visor along with the helmet u purchased.

i m too looking out for a good helmet for my husband, can any body give suggestions, where can i buy a good helmet in navi mumbai and how much should it cost me approx.

i too am looking for the one su is looking out for, i mean the same features kind off.

Mansi

Hmm, I was just about to start a topic on this. When i went helmet shoppin a few weeks back, none of the shops had any helmet with the Double-D strap. Isnt that standard? They all had the snap locking mechanism. Is it reliable? Isnt the former simpler and safer?

Manaa, u could go to Babloo motors - sector 17 vashi
It is in Shanti centre, on the main road, the same building as gangar opticians and cactus hotel.
There are 2 shops next to each other which stock only helmets.
AGV would be a good choice. I have one.
It would be better if he goes and checks out which size fits him best by wearing a few.
The helmet should be snug fitting otherwise the purpose is defeated.

Nice to see you buying a helmet for you hubby. The best way to make a man wear a helmet...

thanks a lot abhinav, that was grt help, but dou have any idea of the cost of the helmet.

i will check out with them today or tommorow.

btw i keep on buying stuff for him as he is averse to shopping so this might be just one of the few things.

Hey guys, any idea where I can get AGV helmets in mumbai?? Anywhere in town, or just anywhere!!??

Hey guys,

Any idea where I can get AGV helmets in Mumbai? Anywhere in town, or just anywhere? And also how much would one cost? Ignore the 1st post. :P

drifter: check the post by Bikefreak

strech your buget and get an AGV or GPR both are equally good which costs around 2.5k to 3+.
I got my AGV from here

A to Z marketing, OR Ryder Auto accessories
#117,lalbhag main road,
Opp to MTR hotel
b'lore-27

In b'lore along with lal bagh road,u can try J.c road.

Sorry Sukhoi,

The place to buy a GP1 is Megha enterprises near Lalbagh.