Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2018, 20:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph refuses to deliver motorcycles to customers not wearing safety gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just noticed this news article is dated 2016.
Thanks for pointing that out, @CrazyDriver. The article showed up on my Google news and I assumed that it is recent.
Old 24th May 2018, 13:28   #32
BHPian

If you look at Triumphs showroom pages you wont see more than 10 percent people taking deliveries wearing riding boots and jackets. Though I guess everyone do wear helmets.
yash2424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 07:27   #33

What about discussing some real issues like special licence to ride bikes above a certain capacity. All worthwhile countries have it and even for super cars. Unlike here, where licences are doled out whether a person knows driving or not and endangers others on the road... I have no issues if he bashes his own head. "New Money" and other quotes seen in context of the statement made is to be understood in the right manner. And here the custodians are being negative about it.
kds350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 11:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Allow me to chime in being a Triumph customer, Triumph India corporate is one of the worst managed brands I've had the misfortune to be dealing with. From the start, the experience as an owner was gruelling and had to literally fight to get the bike I paid for. After the whole stalling and power figure issue when I was threatened by Triumph and then they backed down once the issue got some steam.

Now I am blocked from all their social media but constantly see people who bought the new 765 facing issues, they are much quicker of putting things under the carpet now before they become a big issue but overall its a pathetic experience for all customers and it permeates from the top and I'm sorry to say this guy is a joke amongst owner circles. From revving brand new cold engines like crazy on stage (with a customer bike) to passing dumb comments which I am not going to mention here, is totally unbecoming of a CEO/MD. I know many people who have taken delivery without any of the prerequisites these guys mention so its all just faff.
quickdraw is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 16:33   #35

When I purchased my Harley, the showroom advisor asked me to come with jeans, shoes and a helmet.

In fact when I booked my appointment for a test drive, I got a message asking me to wear shoes and jeans and to bring a helmet.

I think this is a good move and even other brands should follow suit.

On another tangent, when I bought my first bike, my mom bought me a helmet even before I bought my bike. Some of these practicies need to start at home and elders need to set trends for youngsters to follow.
RogerEphraim is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks