Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 18:03   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pune Citizens form committee to oppose mandatory helmet rule

I can understand it in the context of my experience of being Fifties child in England. This means that I lived before and after both seat-belt and drink-driving rules there. There were many people who viewed both as terrible human-rights infringements!

We live and learn, but some learn slower than others, and laws have to be imposed and enforced to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. Let us hope that civic sense prevails, and the slow (and non) learners are not allowed to win the day.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th June 2019 at 18:04.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 19:45   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune Citizens form committee to oppose mandatory helmet rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
The madness doesn't seem to stop

Check out @prachee_mirror’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/prachee_mirror/s...822636544?s=09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Let us hope that civic sense prevails, and the slow (and non) learners are not allowed to win the day.
Some immediate clarification already provided. They have stopped catching physically, but the drive will now continue in digital form.

https://twitter.com/prachee_mirror/s...16560984662017

Additionally, as a colleague confirmed, when they do catch you, they collect the entire fine, for all instances. he was shown proof with his past picture a week old, date/time stamped + his current violation. He paid a total of 1200 in fines.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks